Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is far to be perfect but hey, give Bioware some credits

2»

Comments

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Well they claim they have whole team(s) working on performance issues (that are pretty much across the board), and in 4 months all that they were able to produce is:

"Now we have an ultra low setting".

*shrug*

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Originally posted by Tayah

This part I disagree with. I built 3 gaming rigs for myself, my husband, and our son 2 months before SWTOR came out, each with the following hardware.

I7 2600K CPU's Sandy Bridge

16 Gig Ram

2 560 TI's in each rig

Motherboard Asus P867 Deluxe

30Mbps Internet speeds

AND STILL LAG  on the fleets and ILLUM.

There were pages after pages after pages of other people with higher end rigs having problems with lag and stuttering at the fleets and ILLUM. Out of curiousity once I took a guest computer we have for kids to play on, an old Dell with 9800Gtx, some dual core forget what it is, 4 gig ram...and it ran on medium with less stuttering and lag. I have friends and guild members that constantly complained as well because they had built new rigs just for SWTOR and they were getting so much lag in ILLUM with more than 20 people on the screen. TotalBiscuit even asked someone from BW in an interview what they were doing to fix the terrible fps on higher end rigs. Their response was basically that shouldn't happen it's on your end...

They need to drop the egos and admit the problems with their game, only then would I have a bit of respect for them.

Didn't happen to everyone, I built my rig in '09 with a Nvidia 260 GTX, i7 920 and 6G ram  and I have had zero lag with SWTOR.

None. Not saying this to counrter your point, just relaying my experience.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by whisperwynd

This part I disagree with. I built 3 gaming rigs for myself, my husband, and our son 2 months before SWTOR came out, each with the following hardware.

16 Gig Ram

2 560 TI's in each rig

30Mbps Internet speeds

There were pages after pages after pages of other people with higher end rigs having problems with lag and stuttering at the fleets and ILLUM. Out of curiousity once I took a guest computer we have for kids to play on, an old Dell with 9800Gtx, some dual core forget what it is, 4 gig ram...and it ran on medium with less stuttering and lag. I have friends and guild members that constantly complained as well because they had built new rigs just for SWTOR and they were getting so much lag in ILLUM with more than 20 people on the screen. TotalBiscuit even asked someone from BW in an interview what they were doing to fix the terrible fps on higher end rigs. Their response was basically that shouldn't happen it's on your end...

They need to drop the egos and admit the problems with their game, only then would I have a bit of respect for them.

Didn't happen to everyone, I built my rig in '09 with a Nvidia 260 GTX, i7 920 and 6G ram  and I have had zero lag with SWTOR.

No where did I say "Everyone" with higher end rigs had problems. I said people I knew and the forum postings, with page after page after page of people that had higher end rigs and had lag problems.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Rhavens

Is SWTOR perfect? Far from it. Is it my kind of MMO? Not realy (even if I play it a lot but there's not much out there atm). But there's a point I realy don't understand when it comes to criticize SWTOR: in what way the game was unfinished at launch? As far as I'm concerned, it was finished at Beta.

I played almost every single MMO out there and many of them at launch and I can tell it was by far the most finished and polished MMO I've seen. For me, unfinished means buggy, unstable, unplayable but that wasn't the case with SWTOR. Even if there's many features of the game I don't like, it doesn't mean those features were added unfinished. 

The engine runs fluidly even on a couple of years old machine, the missions, as boring as some of them can be, are working well and I crashed to desktop only twice since beta. Correct me if I'm wrong (with a solid argument please) but that game was finished at launch.

You can crucify Bioware on the street for putting on the market a boring game but certainly not for releasing a technical failure.

*cough legacysystemillumworkingendgamecontent cough*

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Originally posted by whisperwynd

16 Gig Ram

2 560 TI's in each rig

30Mbps Internet speeds

No where did I say "Everyone" with higher end rigs had problems. I said people I knew and the forum postings, with page after page after page of people that had higher end rigs and had lag problems.

My point is, if it didn't happen to everyone, it might be not on their end. Even if it was, there are way too many important things to resolve than system imcompatabilities such as broken PvP, bugs, low res etc. etc. (being a little facetious btw but meh).

Most games have issues with newer rigs. Previous poster mentioned AoC, I can also recall Vanguard having these issues though their coding was awful at the time.

It's unfortunate but yeah, doesn't seem to be on the list of high priority after launch.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Rhavens

I personaly didn't experienced any of these issues, and most of the minor bugs I could see for myself were easily resolved by ctrl+u+u. I had this frozen in the floor problem once during beta and it occured only in a specific location on the republic side of Taris and it was gone at launch.

Anyway i don't want to start an argument about which bugs we experienced or not, I just find it unfair to bash on Bioware about the technical side of the game. I still think that SWTOR was better at launch than most of the other MMOs after months or even years in some cases of operation.

Back in the late 1970's I bought a new Chevy Monza.   If I buy a car and the doors fall off before 30K miles, (literally, this is not a joke) then it's unfair that I crticize GM?    Or when the engine blew a head gasket at 32,000 miles because the 231-V6 enginet had a design defect ?  Or the transmission wouldn't go into reverse properly due to a mis-engineered linkage that had to be retrofitted?   Or the hatchback lock breaks at 34K miles?   Or the fuel pump that blows up at 36K because it's too small for the job and located in the tank?

None of these were assembly problems.  They were all design problems.   GM got into trouble, not because of Unions. But because the engineers designed bad cars that the executives pushed them to design with cost, not quality, the #1 consideration.    

So, how is any of that unfair to hold against GM? They designed a bad car. Bad engine. Bad body. Bad transmission. Everything was fail-sauce. And besides order of magnitude in money spent on a car versus a game, truly different?

EA does the same thing as Roger Smith lead GM and this MMO is the Chevy Monza of MMOs.   Bad engine.  Bad optimization.  Poor design choices.

Which makes me wonder:   Do you not hold people and companies accountable?   Or do you just let them roll you without consequence?    I'm kind of curious as to WHY BioWare is not responsible for their technically bad game?

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Whenever I think I SWTOR, there's this voice that just echoes through out my brain. I feel it's a good comparison for SWTOR and how the general community feels..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

So true..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.