Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miss It?

2»

Comments

• MajikkuMajikku Member Posts: 10

I miss EQ so much it ain't even funny!!  image

LOL, I played EQ about a year after its release.  Back then in 2000-2001, the community was great.  I love EQ so much, and I played several hours everyday.  As soon as I could, I joined a raiding guild, got my high-elf magician a full set of Skyshrine armor and soon got my epic weapon.

In Dec. of 2001, Luclin was launched, and unfortunately I had to quit the game due to computer restrictions.  I never played since.... image

Well, even after upgrading my computer, I decided to wait for Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2.  I was all hyped up, but that game was disgusting.  It was fun at first, but it was too incomplete.  I believe its population is now less than 100k.... probably less than 50,000... hmm... maybe even less, they only have 6 servers, maybe a European server somewhere too.

I was so dissappointed, and I missed my High Elf Magician so much, but now, it's all deleted.

I play WoW, but like many of you have said, the magic isn't quite there yet for me, then again, I've only been playing a short time.  Right now, I'm just waiting for the servers to get back up hehehe.

I am thinking about returning to Everquest, but I'm just afraid of wasting my money.

• BalaczarBalaczar Member UncommonPosts: 36

"Do I miss Everquest?"

The LAG in PoK? No Friggin Way

The Friendships I had over the 6+ years (beta included) I had? Yes, very much

Will I go back? Not likely

I think they would have done much better calling EQ2 something other than Everquest. It isnt the same game. Its the same lore and some of the same names of areas in the realm, but its certainly not the same game.

By the looks of what they are doing (merging the servers) they are WAYYYY down in population from the WoW/Free AO/EQ2 releases.

ANY game is what you make of it, Everquest was a blast from Freeport/Qeynos all the way to PoTime and beyond. Yes I miss some of it, I dont miss the whiney little a$$hats who cry when they dont get the phat lewtz. (DKP isnt hard...You raid, You get DKP, You get loot.... You dont raid, You dont get loot, Nuff Said so STFU and find another raiding guild)

• FarulosonothFarulosonoth Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by Majikku
    I miss EQ so much it ain't even funny!! image
    LOL, I played EQ about a year after its release. Back then in 2000-2001, the community was great. I love EQ so much, and I played several hours everyday. As soon as I could, I joined a raiding guild, got my high-elf magician a full set of Skyshrine armor and soon got my epic weapon.
    In Dec. of 2001, Luclin was launched, and unfortunately I had to quit the game due to computer restrictions. I never played since.... image
    Well, even after upgrading my computer, I decided to wait for Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2. I was all hyped up, but that game was disgusting. It was fun at first, but it was too incomplete. I believe its population is now less than 100k.... probably less than 50,000... hmm... maybe even less, they only have 6 servers, maybe a European server somewhere too.
    I was so dissappointed, and I missed my High Elf Magician so much, but now, it's all deleted.
    I play WoW, but like many of you have said, the magic isn't quite there yet for me, then again, I've only been playing a short time. Right now, I'm just waiting for the servers to get back up hehehe.
    I am thinking about returning to Everquest, but I'm just afraid of wasting my money.

You wouldnt be wasting your money bro. If you liked it that much back then, you'll still love it. Too bad your missing the 6th anniversary though.

• Saren42Saren42 Member UncommonPosts: 94

and it isn't deleted, it won't be, it may in server merge coming up, but not yet, trust me, they don't delete characters usaly, lol, a friend of mine was lvl 20, and stoped for like 2 years, resubscribed and his char was there gear and all, so, i would htink even after 3 years it will still be there

• badkarma2badkarma2 Member Posts: 10
    Though I have not played any other MMO's since EQ I still miss it. I got bored with it but after not playing for a while I kind of miss it. I miss my Iksar necro.
  • WhitesoulzWhitesoulz Member Posts: 27

Everquest , Yes I think everyone here misses it and everyone that use to play the game and raid high end content misses it. Everquest 1 ... was a game that never ended and always kept you thriving to get on raid and do more! well this is a video that my guild posted ... for me and others that left and still playing the game... It's a great movie and you remember all the times that you raided ... etc...etc.. and here it is : http://home.att.ne.jp/surf/mirage/sayonara_norrath3.html

It's very long to download , but personally I think it's way worth the wait.

Some of you sensitive people that LOVED EQ like me , might want to bring some tissues , seriously.

A Great Movie... what do you think? image I think it was well worth the wait. So go ahead , enjoy and watch it.

Everquest will be greatly missed and we will all still like the game and be able to log in for a week and do the weird things like we always tried... Like soloing Nagafen... and even jumping into the Hole to see if you'd survive. Swimming contests and see who could jump the farthest off the huge cliff!

So why did we like EQ and why do we Miss it? : It was THE GAME that made us wanting more , and more and more for the 1-5 years that we played it( myself for 5 years). Yes... new expansions released and new content to see... the long lasting thriving time to get to where you are and were. The leveling and helping friends , grinding for 10 hours straight just to get that lvl 50 , 60 , 65 , and 70! So why did we do this? Because we wanted it.

Well thank you for letting me ramble on. I hope you enjoy the movie(it's worth it). And I must get back to raiding in WoW!

Thanks Much , Have a great 2005 ! G'night !

• badkarma2badkarma2 Member Posts: 10
    Now that was a GREAT vid. That makes me want to fire up EQ right now. Jeez after I get off of work I just might do that. Talk about bringing back memories. Blackburrow, Halas, Freeport, Lavastorm, Everfrost Mts,  and just to much to list here.  That was a classic. Nice job ther Kid.  image
  • I started playing Everquest back in the summer of 1999 in a cybercaf

• bloodayebloodaye Member Posts: 26
    yeah i miss it very much,i just recently quit and now i am jonesing,i miss the "tunnel" the most from the old days,where everyone gathered to sell and barter and so forth,i would just hang there and it was cool to see all the different weapons and armor people had,much better then the bazaar nowand when oasis of marr was packed and i would always get buffed at the docks,memories........la la la la la la la.

bloodaye el toro loco
    60th season SK
    seventh hammer

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

I miss EQ as well, having playing it for 3yrs since 2001. I started playing it just before SoL was released. I miss running around shouting for SoW for a CR, miss standing in ec watching all the spam of people auctioning thier goods. Or now standing in the bazaar staring at weapons in the window wishing for my warrior but knowing I'll never be able to afford them. I miss waiting for the boat in Timorous Deep to go to the Overthere. I miss pulling huge goblin trains in High hold keep, I miss doing Kael raids killing frost giants to get that nice Thurg armor. I miss killing dragons in ToV, I don't miss too much trying to get PoP flags or GoD flags. I think thats what mostly killed the game, turning it into a only high end slug fest of flagging. But I still miss it, at least the old EQ before SoE took over.