It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
(Last Updated Apr. 15, 2012)
Coming from someone who's played since May 2010 (Akali patch).
- Almost 100 different champs to choose from with new ones patched in every approx. 2 weeks.
- Plenty to learn for new players, ie. Champ roles, Jungling, Map Awareness/Management.
- IP (Earnable currency) can be used to purchase everything minus skins.
- Masteries and Runes offer plenty of customization.
- Customer Service tickets are usually replied to within a full day.
- Some champions are delibrately better than others, ie. Evelynn vs. Twitch/Shaco.
- Unless you duo queue with an experienced friend, you will have very little control over whether you win or lose.
- The same can be said of 5v5 premade, but good luck finding 4 GOOD players.
- Horrendous community, mostly flooded with new, inexperienced players.
- These players "judge" (Ban) you via the Tribunal system. You will inevitably appear here if you chat in-game.
- And the greatest con of all? Riot doesn't give a damn!
>Scrub No.1: IT'S A FREE GAME!
It sure is! At least until you buy a couple skins, or a couple champs, or both. Then anything you say in-game could get that all taken away from you. Fun!
>Scrub No.2: ALL CHAMPS ARE BALANCED! (Prepare for TL;DR list of problems!)
This statement is so untrue that it makes me cringe. It'd be impossible for me to list every imbalance, but here's my take:
- Champs that get unconditional free escapes (Uninterruptable Flash/Dash) with lvl 1 abilites (This does not include cc abilities):
Not when there's a list of problems like the one above!
More to be added later, including solutions to the problems. I'm just tired of writing now.