Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI: is it a good game

SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
hey i havent reli played this game but it looks amazing, the only thing putting my back is the monthly subsription i know that most of you dont care because you like playing it but can anyone tell me how much it would cost in £ because i live in the UK, besides that point do you lot think it is worth paying for?

Comments

• joshcojoshco Member Posts: 38

Its $12.95 per month, but I'm pretty sure its less in euros. I personally think it is worth paying for, but I'm only one person.

• TaruboyTaruboy Member Posts: 84
    I think its one of the best games everimageimageimageimage

---------------------------------------

• StrongladyStronglady Member UncommonPosts: 29

Its a very time consuming game. Dedication and patients (a lot of it.) but if you up for the challenge, go for it.

• LuminiaCCLuminiaCC Member Posts: 3

its about £8 , :) i think thats with 2 chars, because thats what i was paying about :-/

• The game is sure take long before you start have Lot of Experience, High lvl Job, good equip Etc...

my cousin thing the Game is too Slow ( in the mean of the Lvl, battle , etc...) but i found that if the game is too fast its become Boring after 2 week because you have already do everything possible in it O_O in this game you can play all the Job with 1 char no need to start a new one ( that a part of the game that i love ^^) and each job have is place and quality in a Pty so there is no "ooooo this Job is outdamaging , oooooo, blablabla ......Shutup"

anyway #1 game on all the game in MMorpg.com ( i played them all , only WoW miss to my Gamplay list) its 12$ a month ant 1$ for all added char, but like i said before, there is Just No NEED to start a new char, you can do everything with 1 O_O!

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    thx u all for your help and suggestions!image
  • PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    image Like they said, it takes time to get going, but what keeps me really going is the amazing plot. Best of any MMORPG. I highly reccomend it.

----------------Signature------------------
    Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I posted on a few other threads and added my 2 gil on the subject.

Q: is this a good game?

A: (and this is only my opinion) This is the first and only MMORPG I've ever played, and I played it hardcore for a good 9 months+  I'd say, judging by the reviews, posts, and what I know now about FFXI is that it's incredibly average.  Nothing too stellar or different than any other game, it's almost like the stock car racing of MMORPG's.  Which may sound good at first but in the long run it defeats one of the purposes that we game in the first place.  Who wants a level playing field when you can make decisions about your character to make him more customized and personal?

If you want your character to be uber you have to 1) choose the right race for your job, 2) you have to get the best possible gear for your character (which costs millions) and having done all that you will STILL only a clone of some other guy somewhere.  Suppose you meet a guy in PvP in FFXI (it's called ballista) you're both the same level, race, wearing the same exact gear.  Playing skill MAY swing the outcome of the battle one way or the other but in the higher levels it pretty much will come down to luck.  And that my friends SUCKS. You have absolutely no choice in where your skill points for combat and player development goes.  If you say it's not true "you can skill any weapon you want" then I ask you, who the hell is gonna party with a ranger using anything other than a ranged weapon, a dark knight using anything other than a scythe or greatsword and so on?

As much as this sounds like a FFXI bash, it's really not, the  game has it's ups too.  Some cool cutscenes, some great plots for quests , a thick history woven into the storyline and so on.  What kept me coming back were the very good friends I made there.  The community of FF is decent if you find a good "linkshell" (it's like a guild)  I had the honor of participating IMO the finest linkshell on the server Titan (shout out to OrderOfValor LS)  As much as I miss my good friends in FFXI I wish to broaden my gaming horizons and I'd love to see some of my inner circle of friends gain the perspective I have so we can game again on another distant battlefield.

I hope I contributed to this thread and I'll post more if anyone has any other questions or observations.  Good luck in your gaming!