Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you thought Ilum PVP was bad wait till you pvp after 1.2

124»

Comments

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by mikahr

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

So to sum up this entire thread:

"Waaaaah, they aren't doing the stuff for PvP that I want in a PvE based game!"

Please stop doing this crap. There are PLENTY of PvP centric MMOs out there. You all constanly complaining about how they won't focus on PvP in a PvE centric game drives the rest of us nuts. We get it, you like to PvP......not everyone does. This is like going into a game like Fallout and complaining that they're not focusing enough on the FPS action. What you whine about is a SMALL part of the game, and never intended to be the dev's only matter to deal with. I watched this same crap happen with WoW, and now all we get every patch is more nerfs to PvE because Player X got his behind handed to him by Class Z, and demands they be nerfed all to hell. Go play GuildWars or any number of the open world PvP games out there if you like PvP so much. Leave the PvE centric games alone.

As long as THEY advertise they want PvP to be meaningful part of the game (not that they succedeed) YOU arent one to decide how and what to do.

Star wars without PvP=bland drab crappy

If theyve gone route of Turbine and say "PvP will never ever be a major contributor, its side attraction to PvE", well, it wouldnt be SW (which it drifts away slowly anyway).

So yah, go QQ on official boards to stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

And here is the mindset I'm talking about. It doesn't HAVE to be one or the other. IT'S NOT. You keep expecting it to be, however. I left the game a month ago. It was boring.  But complaining about PvP on a game that is SO OBVIOUSLY based around PvE (all that PvP voiceover and convo choices gave it away......) is about the most ridiculous thing ever.You all seem to expect this E-sport PvP experience. It's not going to happen. Most games look at what WoW has become trying to force it's Arena system into the realm of an E-sport and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. You can tell yourself all day that PvP is a major part of this game, but I bet if we took a poll RIGHT NOW, and asked why people played this game, an OVERWHELMING number would be for PvE, while a small but vocal minority would be for PvP. Like I said.......none of you are gonna be happy until you get your GuildWars2 fix. Just own it and move on.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Please stop doing this crap. There are PLENTY of PvP centric MMOs out there. You all constanly complaining about how they won't focus on PvP in a PvE centric game drives the rest of us nuts. We get it, you like to PvP......not everyone does. This is like going into a game like Fallout and complaining that they're not focusing enough on the FPS action. What you whine about is a SMALL part of the game, and never intended to be the dev's only matter to deal with. I watched this same crap happen with WoW, and now all we get every patch is more nerfs to PvE because Player X got his behind handed to him by Class Z, and demands they be nerfed all to hell. Go play GuildWars or any number of the open world PvP games out there if you like PvP so much. Leave the PvE centric games alone.

As long as THEY advertise they want PvP to be meaningful part of the game (not that they succedeed) YOU arent one to decide how and what to do.

If theyve gone route of Turbine and say "PvP will never ever be a major contributor, its side attraction to PvE", well, it wouldnt be SW (which it drifts away slowly anyway).

So yah, go QQ on official boards to stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

And here is the mindset I'm talking about. It doesn't HAVE to be one or the other. IT'S NOT. You keep expecting it to be, however. I left the game a month ago. It was boring.  But complaining about PvP on a game that is SO OBVIOUSLY based around PvE (all that PvP voiceover and convo choices gave it away......) is about the most ridiculous thing ever.You all seem to expect this E-sport PvP experience. It's not going to happen. Most games look at what WoW has become trying to force it's Arena system into the realm of an E-sport and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. You can tell yourself all day that PvP is a major part of this game, but I bet if we took a poll RIGHT NOW, and asked why people played this game, an OVERWHELMING number would be for PvE, while a small but vocal minority would be for PvP. Like I said.......none of you are gonna be happy until you get your GuildWars2 fix. Just own it and move on.

Ofcourse people will expect if BW will make claims like ' we will blow you away with PVP in ilum and 1.2 and that we have our best team working on it'. Now if SWTOR was advertised as pure PVE game i would agree just how i don't take complaints of PVP players in EQ2 seriously or LOTRO.

It is not what players want but what BW advertised to potential customers. Even though not perfect PVP was working fine before 1.2. We were happy doing warzones while waiting for BW to rework on ilum. But now BW has destroyed that option too.

Believe it or not but PVP is a big part of SWTOR and the current world event is proof of that. Now you can try to put all the blame on players but i doubt anyone would agree with you.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

I will just say this:

After their "mind blowing" statements and delivery of:

Ilum v1,0

Ilum v1,1

WZs in 1,2

They deserve every bash you can think of. And yes, they brought in on themselves by themselves.. And yes, GW2 seems to have PvE and PvP.

Its "mind blowing" i know.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by TwwIX

Originally posted by mikahr stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

LOTRO is actually a successful game and has won numerous awards because Turbine knows how to make a fun and enjoyable PvE experience, unlike BioWare.

Did you ever play pvp in lotro,  they are the biggest forum whiners about pvp that ever existed,  PVP in lotro was a second though after the game was in beta.  It still is.

I got to ask what awards have they won lately that they did not give to themselves.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Ofcourse people will expect if BW will make claims like ' we will blow you away with PVP in ilum and 1.2 and that we have our best team working on it'. Now if SWTOR was advertised as pure PVE game i would agree just how i don't take complaints of PVP players in EQ2 seriously or LOTRO.

It is not what players want but what BW advertised to potential customers. Even though not perfect PVP was working fine before 1.2. We were happy doing warzones while waiting for BW to rework on ilum. But now BW has destroyed that option too.

Believe it or not but PVP is a big part of SWTOR and the current world event is proof of that. Now you can try to put all the blame on players but i doubt anyone would agree with you.

Personally, I never got into PvP.  Even open world PvP.  What I find strange though is if you actually watch the chat on the fleets, apparenently people are having more fun than ever in WZs.  At least in all five of the servers I play on.  Granted I can't speak for all servers, but when 5 different servers are all abuzz about how good something is . . . it is really hard to see your point Chrome1980

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by mikahr stop missadvertising and make SWTOR PvE only game (like LOTRO).

LOTRO is actually a successful game and has won numerous awards because Turbine knows how to make a fun and enjoyable PvE experience, unlike BioWare.

Quite so. Thats one thing I'll have to give Turbine credit for. They realized that PvP has little to no role in LOTRO, and stuck to it. On the other hand, monster play could have been much better, but such is life. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by erictlewis

Did you ever play pvp in lotro,  they are the biggest forum whiners about pvp that ever existed,  PVP in lotro was a second though after the game was in beta.  It still is.

I got to ask what awards have they won lately that they did not give to themselves.

Monster play wasn't even a second thought. More like third or 4th.  It was a bone thrown to those who just HAVE to have PvP, no matter what the context, and no matter how well it fits the over all game. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Originally posted by GMan3

Personally, I never got into PvP.  Even open world PvP.  What I find strange though is if you actually watch the chat on the fleets, apparenently people are having more fun than ever in WZs.  At least in all five of the servers I play on.  Granted I can't speak for all servers, but when 5 different servers are all abuzz about how good something is . . . it is really hard to see your point Chrome1980

I doubt you would take my post seriously when you admit that you never got into PVP. Ignorance is bliss i guess. 

But if you want to go that route. i play on 5 different servers..(hell why 5 lets make it 10 ).. too and i have never seen people more frustrated by PVP since release and when 10 different servers are abuzz with how bad something is... it is really hard to see your point Gman3.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Hi, i would like to keep this post short because i know long posts scare people and they won't bother to read it. I would like to mention some serious oversgihts and blunders made in PVP in patch 1.2

- (1) No Penality for leavin warzones. Yes you can just leave as many warzones as you like if you are not winning.

- (2) Harsh penalities on loss which ls directly connected to the above point and rest of the points below.

- (3) Too much focus on getting medals. After 1.2 in order to get most commendations you have to get most medals which can be accumilated through defense points, killing blows,planting bombs, scoring goals etc. Although nice in theory to work as a deterrant against those who just want to afk and leech off others, it has failed big time in practise.

Why? because if you are on losing side the best option is to turtle close to turrets and doors and try to get as many medals as possible. The end result is same people going afk but this time close to defense objectives.

If you get less than 3 medals you get zero commendations, zero XP and zero cash. getting 3 medals net you around 15 to 20 commendations and to get 40+ commendations you need 8 or more medals. Result is that people are too worried about losing medals and there is lot more turtling than fighting. Healer and dps usually just rush to turrets and refuse to move if they know they are going to lose, so why not get atleast 3 medals? or go home empty handed.

This problem gets more serious when you are constantly matched against premades in full BM and Warhero gear. You have no chance to win so either turtle to get 3 medals or quit the match..which takes us back to the first point i made.

- (4) After 1.2 matches do not close down if you enter a warzone with less players. So either you toughen it up and keep fighting outnumbered or lose and go home with zero rewards or.... get measly 10 to 15 commendations because you failed to get enough medals.

- (5) PVP weekly and PVP daily gives equal reward. Yes sir, 99 warzone commendations, 99 ranked commendations. Before 1.2 players used to get atleast 4 bags for completing weekly. Now doesn't matter if you put double effort in completing weekly, reward is the same.

- (6) Huge nerf on cash from PVP. Now even if you hate PVE well suck it up, grind PVE dailies. There is no option or choice anymore.

- (7) Insane amount of money sink in 1.2. Simple legacy gear costs around 500 to 600K for full set. Taking mods out of BM gear will set you back with 500K. Things like mail box in your ship and droids for repare costs cool 1 to 2 mill credits. Legacy unlocks can go up to 1 mill and over. Things like cutting your cool down on fleet pass can cost a million or more.

Nerf to PVP cash has just made it a huge grind for PVP players. PVE players are still fine.

- (8) Still with me? if you want to PVP roll biochem. Since the commendations have been nerfed and healers have been nerfed further. You will have to spend a lot of commendations on stims from PVP vendors for survival. Who would want to do that when commendations are hard to come by and you would rather save it for gear instead of spending it on stims and medpacks?

- (9) Due to people constantly leaving matches, if you replace one of them or join in late and lost you will again get zero in everything. Apparently you didn't have enough time to win minimum of 3 medals by defending,  killing blows etc.

So who is benefiting the most out of 1.2? people in full BM / Warhero gear rolling in premades. (Yes i have full BM gear too). I am all about penalities for loss and giving more rewards to winners but why put such harsh penalities that your progression comes to a halt which only further helps in increasing the already widening gap between those who are well geared and those who just started PVP at 50?

Before this patch we thought BW is making right move and will help players gear up faster so that the only thing differentiates them is skill. I love progression and i love playing for incentives too but at the same time i would also like to have matches where players are on equal footing in terms of gear.

The current system discourages anyone who was unable to get BM sets pre 1.2. Penalities are too harsh which has made PVP a big pain. Why break something which was working just fine? right now we are playing a half system because ranked warzones didn't make it in last patch. Why not just release it in full form rather than aggraveting current PVP player base?

P.S : The reason i made this topic here is because i got sick of general attitude of fans on SWTOR forums. All valid concerns are being dismissed as whining and crybabies. I know this website isn't a fan site so i am hoping to get more balanced thoughts on this. I would really appreciate your contribution and hope this won't turn into SWTOR sucks and BW is fail topic. Keep discussion free of flames please.

I repeat again i am wearing full BM gear and as of 1.2 i have stopped doing premades because i know it is unfair to those just starting out. i am not looking for welfare epics or easy loot either. I just want to know if others feel the same... that with 1.2 whatever PVP was left in swtor is going to end up dead?

edit; Ahh crap i couldn't keep it short now could i? /sad face

I do not PVP @ lvl 50.

The difference is simply insane. Cannot kill a guy whose < 30% in health and I am at full health.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by nomss
    I do not PVP @ lvl 50.
    The difference is simply insane. Cannot kill a guy whose < 30% in health and I am at full health.

You must've been fighting a marauder/sentinal, they have a 99% damage reduction that sacrifices health.

Originally posted by GMan3
        Personally, I never got into PvP.  Even open world PvP.  What I find strange though is if you actually watch the chat on the fleets, apparenently people are having more fun than ever in WZs.  At least in all five of the servers I play on.  Granted I can't speak for all servers, but when 5 different servers are all abuzz about how good something is . . . it is really hard to see your point Chrome1980. 

It's the opposite on my server, people are constantly pissed off from WZ's- besides civil conversations NEVER happen on fleet chat.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by sookster54

Originally posted by nomss

I do not PVP @ lvl 50.

You must've been fighting a marauder/sentinal, they have a 99% damage reduction that sacrifices health.

With an easily recognizable visual effect, when you see the Sent/Mara pop it avoid him, it only lasts 5 seconds.

Sent/Mara is easily countered still, 1.2 did nothing to change that. The only players who are having issues are players who, frankly, were not very decent PvPers to begin with.

The Recruit set released with 1.2 has more expertise than full Champ gear and you can buy it with credits. The full set provides 896 Expertise, a full Champ setup pre 1.2 only provided 650. It costs 320k for the completed set, pocket change @ 50 for anyone who isn't exceptionally lazy.

You can get enough WZ coms in a single day to get your BM weapon (MH and OH if that applies to your class, it costs roughly 3.1k coms to get a MH and OH). There really is no excuse for going in with no gear anymore.

Need more info? Here, educate yourselves: http://dulfy.net/2012/03/22/pvp-gearing-in-1-2/

If you are facing a guy in full War Hero or BM it's going to be a challenge, but it is by no means impossible to beat them. I roll Battlemasters and War Hero geared guys every day.

Tactics, common sense and situational awareness along with a knowledge of other ACs weaknesses go a very, very long way.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Kost

The Recruit set released with 1.2 is better than having full Champ gear

Ah no, better in terms of expertise but with stats, it's awful, one of my toons has mostly champ with a couple BM pieces, I bought the set and compared and the stats are way below, my health went down from 17.7K in champ/BM to 13.4K in recruit. Recruit is the best option for when you first hit 50 and with 2000 WZ comms you can buy at least 3 BM pieces to start off with (bracer, belt, boots).

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by sookster54

Originally posted by Kost

The Recruit set released with 1.2 is better than having full Champ gear

Ah no, better in terms of expertise but with stats, it's awful, one of my toons has mostly champ with a couple BM pieces, I bought the set and compared and the stats are way below, my health went down from 17.7K in champ/BM to 13.4K in recruit. Recruit is the best option for when you first hit 50 and with 2000 WZ comms you can buy at least 3 BM pieces to start off with (bracer, belt, boots).

Well, its meant as an entry level set....

They raised expertise on all pvp pieces, nobody said it had better stats than full champ, I specifically mentioned expertise in my statement. Perhaps I should have clarified that.

I'm a pre 1.1.5 BattleMaster, back when it actually meant something. I'm not just spouting off.

Your sig says you don't even play anymore.

The difference in stats from Recruit to Champ equates to a 4% loss in stats, it's not as much as you seem to think.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by erictlewis

Don't they have search engines in your realm?

• agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64

If you're playing SW: ToR for the PvP then you are totally doomed for failure.  They have absolutely no idea how to make fun/engaging/balanced PvP and it's painfully obvious that they will never understand it.

As a single player leveling experience, the game is worth a shot.  As a PvE game, I guess there is some fun to be had because they're putting out a lot of PvE content.  But if you want to PvP I'd strongly suggest you take the route that I and many others have, and just quit the game before you invest too much into it in the hopes that somehow Bioware/EA will grow a brain.

They made a lot of BIG promises and did a lot of bragging about their experienced PvP team but it's painfully clear that it was all bullshit, because those guys don't know what the hell they're doing.

• baddog66baddog66 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Well they ownt get anymore of my money. I have a 50 juggernaut and sorc. The experiences on both have been terrible in pvp and for my juggernaut pve even as a new level 50 doing dailies. "2 strong healers side by side> juggernaut dps" nuff said

f2p this game must be---yoda said so

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by RefMinor

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by darkehawke

Originally posted by wowfan1996

Originally posted by Cetra

Expect swtor to go f2p next year.

Don't get your hopes up too high. SWG never went F2P. WAR never really went F2P either (since their endless trial covers such a tiny part of the game you can't even call it freemium).

SWG never went F2P because LA was always intent on shutting it down to eliminate SWTOR's competition. 

Why announce a game to shut down that was actually growing population wise and making SOE a bit of cash with that ridiculous trading card game.

But EA makes enough money from other games to let SWTOR run along to avoid the whole Free to Play outcry.

My guess is it'll go f2p once a lot more big games come out

SW:TOR's whole design screams F2P with Cashshop.

Mark my words.... in the EA board backchamber this game was designed to go F2P in the near future.

Switching this game to F2P in the near future and adding a Cashshop is peace of cake for them, as all content is already heavily gated / instanced... so easy to sell in Quest/Zone packs and adding new ones. Basically like how Turbine has done with DDO and LOTRO.  Just that with the heavy instancing / gating in SW:TOR it will be even easier.

F2P works well for SWTOR, you just charge for spacebarring in cutscenes.

LOL!  That's alot of cash!

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by hikaru77

None of the developers at bioware understand a sh1t about mmo gaming. All patches since launch have left me disappointed.

They are better off making singleplayer games.

I cant wait for GW2 to kick swtor butt. Expect swtor to go f2p next year.

You know?, there is a lot of people who really like the 1.2 and the pvp changes, but they dont lose their time qqing on mmorpg.com and swtor.com. And plus they just give us a free month while we wait for the ranked wz. And gw2 wont ¨kick swtor¨, is a b2p game. 

Like the changes? What change? The removal of the ONLY incentive for world PvP?

Warzones are NOT PvP. They're a way to get casual players TRYING PvP - and doing the same fucking 3 mini games over and over and over and over and over is boring as hell. Adding ONE new warzone doesn't make the other 3 any less crappy.

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by hikaru77

None of the developers at bioware understand a sh1t about mmo gaming. All patches since launch have left me disappointed.

They are better off making singleplayer games.

I cant wait for GW2 to kick swtor butt. Expect swtor to go f2p next year.

You know?, there is a lot of people who really like the 1.2 and the pvp changes, but they dont lose their time qqing on mmorpg.com and swtor.com. And plus they just give us a free month while we wait for the ranked wz. And gw2 wont ¨kick swtor¨, is a b2p game. 

Like the changes? What change? The removal of the ONLY incentive for world PvP?

Warzones are NOT PvP. They're a way to get casual players TRYING PvP - and doing the same fucking 3 mini games over and over and over and over and over is boring as hell. Adding ONE new warzone doesn't make the other 3 any less crappy.

I agree, warzones was just getting me by till they fix iIlum.;if that is ever going to happen ofcourse. But now that option is also gone The lead designr however did acknowledge the problem and few changes are coming like fixing the bug which was not allowing matches to shut down if you start 4 vs 8 or 5 vs 8. Also reducing minimum requirement from 3 medals to 1.

Although no wordd or fixing the measly credits and xp that you get now. They are clever to offer 30 days free otherwise one can imagine the situation on servers after this disaster of patch..