Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Question

AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Alright, first off, i'll start with the simple fact I already pre-purchased, and will not be canceling no matter what the answer is; this is not provocation, this is me wondering about what to expect.

A friend had told me there is downleveling; go into a lower level area, and you'll be at the right level. It seems good as to view new content in old areas/content you missed, but also to play with lower level friends.

My question is, is there also a sidekicking system, to level up to a friend's level?

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

There used to be but that was taken out recently.

WvWvW has it though, you get a statistical boost to level 80.

Structured PvP also has a similar system although it isn't just a stat boost as you get access to all traits and skills.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

I see!

Thank you for the quick response.

Edit: Uhm, out of curiousity, the leveling down to areas is still in, yes?

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Originally posted by zidane01970

I see!

yep it is , and you still get loot that is NOT leveled down . Win/win

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I see!

Yeah its still in and i doubt they will take it out when you go to a lower lvl zone you will always get lwoered to the same lvl as the zone.

• WhiteProphetWhiteProphet Member UncommonPosts: 47

As far as i know no you can't lvl up. If you could obiously it would be stupid as you could just skip all content and start earning big money/gear from lvl 1

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Alright, first off, i'll start with the simple fact I already pre-purchased, and will not be canceling no matter what the answer is; this is not provocation, this is me wondering about what to expect.

A friend had told me there is downleveling; go into a lower level area, and you'll be at the right level. It seems good as to view new content in old areas/content you missed, but also to play with lower level friends.

My question is, is there also a sidekicking system, to level up to a friend's level?

There was, but it has been removed from the game. Everyone gets scaled up to level 80 for World vs. World and Structured PvP, but no active side kicking up of lower level friends.

The good news is that when you get scaled down, your loot and XP are based on your true level, rather than your scaled level. So, you may have to help lower level friends with their content, rather than vice versa, but that lower level content will still be challenging and rewarding for the higher level player(s).

The change makes sense, since now a slower leveling friend doesn't feel pressured to skip content to play with higher level friends. The dynamic nature of the game's content should keep things from getting boring for the higher level player, even if they end up returning to some content they have already participated in.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

its actually one of the (plenty) best features ^^