Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege system is lameeeeee!!!

2»

Comments

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Cembrye

While completely open sandbox sieges sound fun in theory, the reality can be un-fun.  Take Shadowbane for example, where anyone could show up to a bane (siege).  You had people show up just to grief both sides.  You had  zergs overrun what might have been fun fights between two smaller guilds.  You would have huge numbers (including those there just to be watch or ninja loot) whose weight would make graphics and skill lag horrendous.

So while I am not happy about it, its a trade off.  

In Eve, having a third gang show up and turn the fight into complete chaos were some of the most memorable fights I had.

The unpredictability of battle is what I look forward to most.  Once too many rules and limitations get put in place it degenerates into a run of the mill battlegrounds.  I'm hoping ArcheAge will not go down that road.

As of now, the Sieges block out outsiders, based on the current rule set. Meaning that whoever doesn't enter within the siege in a certain time frame after "declaration" , can not participate in the Siege.  This pretty much eliminates the possibility of a third party, as far as the current system is concerned. This has been confirmed by beta testers. For more information click the link  http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameinfos/system/43

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Originally posted by xDayx
    Even if sieges had a cap there wouldn't be many alternatives to AA's siege system. So I guess another company would have to out-do Archeage. Yes devs...that is a challenge.

Just really hoping for this one to be a solid sandbox (some theme park elements) with owpvp.  The second they start adding in limitatoins it kills the sandbox element. 

Well game is sandbox-themepark hybrid, so if you're looking for full hardcore sandbox - then it is not good adress.

I am myself old UO player, but seriously you have to make peace with idea that there WILL be limitations or you will be very disappointed.

If you cannot live with it then better don't play and wait next looong years for next AAA sandbox that may or may not come.

or stick with DFO or similar indie