Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I give up, a decade of waiting.

Spector88Spector88 Member UncommonPosts: 112

I remember a time, (DAoC, EQ, AC, etC)

When every game that came out was a near success, or playable. We have been slaughtered by hype machine after hype machine (WAR, AoC, SWToR)

... and I've been guzzling down the hype-aide as much as any of you.

I've been playing Diablo 2 by yearly since junior high, I graduated college this year. I love the game, been DIEING for Diablo 3 for atleast 6-7 years.

What I've read it sounds like utter rotting dog shit. 4 Players per game room? You mean that you can only play with FOUR FRICKING PEOPLE? You cant even do a boss run with like 8 people AND THIS IS THE 10 YEAR AHEAD OF TIME SEQUEL?

NO PK ON RELEASE? YOUR KIDDING ME, MULTI MILLION DOLLAR BLIZZARD, YOU COULDNT GET PK RELEASED WHEN YOU SPENT FRIGGING MILLIONS AND YEARS TO MAKE THIS GAME? WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING DEVELOPING THE GAME WITH YOUR TOES TO THE KEYBOARD AND USING ONLY YOUR PINKY FINGER TO SUBMIT?

We've got Tera, Diablo 3, and Guild Wars all coming out soon. They alll look like shit.

Tera: Asian Developed game with 5 man dungeons, and a combat system that is catchy and unique for about 2 weeks.

Guild Wars 2 with a pvp system that rewards players at level 1, and an end game that pretty much is being played since lvl 35, so hitting lvl 80 is like ooooo, I have a fluffy collar on my armor now. Cool.

And Diablo 3? The game I've been sipping the hype-aid on, dieing for? No pvp on release, 4 man game rooms, no player housing, NO CUSTOM SKILL / POINT DISTRIBUTION.

BLIZZARD I HOPE YOU DIE, I HOPE YOUR COMPANY GETS HIT BY A HYPE KILLING GOD METEORITE OF SUCKING AT LIFE.

thanks,.

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I hear ya. I've been waiting for ten years myself only to be made sad during beta.

This isn't the Blizzard of old, those days are long gone. And so is Diablo.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Spector88Spector88 Member UncommonPosts: 112

This game is just unacceptable for a 2012 release, no PK, 4 people per game room, they took out all the customization that you loved, A NOVA SORC, rerolling to make a BLIZZARD SORC, i mean thats the replay value people.

Come on, they destroyed this franchise, if you disagree save this link in your favorites, come back in 6 months and argue with me? Guess what, MMORPG's are being destroyed, and Diablo jsut got dumped on.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Player housing, in a hack & slasher like Diablo? :o

I agree with most you say though, seems like a half assed job: text book case of "too little, too late". But it's probably as addicting as crack anyway.

• vecanskivecanski Member UncommonPosts: 131

OP you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmv3WlKa6U8

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think you are a bit unfair, D3, Tera and GW2 all have their points. TERA is actually one of the few MMOs with a real open world and it is really pretty and rather well made. And that GW2 actually let you PvP from level 1 is good, you don't seriously expect to be as good as an 80 when you do? No itemfocus is good in my book, gear stats have been way to dominant in later MMOs.

All that said, the RMT cashshop in D3 is a abomination... And patching in PvP later is clearly Activision bad influence.

Originally posted by DarkPony

I agree with most you say though, seems like a half assed job: text book case of "too little, too late". But it's probably as addicting as crack anyway.

Actually, it is the least addictive out of all three by far. It's some kind of WoWablo/Torchlight mutant where everything is handed to you. It was designed for kiddies and consoles and it shows... horribly.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I agree with some of your points.

But player housing? in Diablo?

Sounds like you need to double up on your meds and call your M.D. in the morning. The anger managment is not working.

I can see being a little pissed because it may not be what you wanted. In that case dont buy it or play it, easy enuff. Raging on forums like a 5 y/o is not helping, and even worse raging about player housing? really?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Zekiah

Actually, it is the least addictive out of all three by far. It's some kind of WoWablo/Torchlight mutant where everything is handed to you. It was designed for kiddies and consoles and it shows... horribly.

But whataboot itemization and leveling crafters to make better stuff, etc? To me the biggest appeal to D1 and D2 always was improving your gear and the unpredictability of drops. Did they manage to screw that up too?

But whataboot itemization and leveling crafters to make better stuff, etc? To me the biggest appeal to D1 and D2 always was improving your gear and the unpredictability of drops. Did they manage to screw that up too?

The blacksmith is ok but it interferes with the drops that we all found fun in D2. You can craft way higher gear than what you find. Now that might change as they adjust it but it still takes away from the fun of drops...which was the only good thing left from D2 outside of gems.

They've stripped almost everything good from D2 out of D3. I've been pissed over it. I've been a loyal Diablo fan for YEARS and D3 is just simply unacceptable for Diablo standards.

But whatever, it is what it is. I'm sure the WoW crowd out there will love it. I'm gonna pass on this turd until it hits the major bargain bins with an expansion or two attached, and then maybe.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I don't get it, Diablo 3 is not a mmo, case in point, 4 people....Does that sound massive?   I think you are comparing it to the wrong stuff....If you have loved D2 that much, you know you will be buying it...

I myself, and I admit I wasn't fair, I bought D2 new, tried to play the first day, servers were all jacked up and you couldn't even get in, I shelved it, and never played it, was playing something at the time and never looked back...Haven't thought much about it since then....I did enjoy Diablo1 for what it was...Despite everyone in cheat/god mode....

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

That depends on RMAH. If you can buy a set of really good gear cheap for real money it will not be that interesting to kill monsters for drops. If I can buy a set for $30 or farm mobs for 3 months I will not be very motivated to do the farming.  So, IMO, it will depend on whats for sale in the RMAH. And on how cheap it is.

Im upset because THEY talked about player housing, and I expected Diablo 2 things that everyone loves along with a bigger world (either 1 world) or like 10-15 players max per room, something bigger, and housing instead of a chest in the middle of a town yes,

You keep focusing on the only thing I said non diablo 2ish, trust me, this game is horrible. And after waiting 10 years and being disappointed with game after game, I have every right to cry like a 5 y/o.

If I get a bad burger, I cry about it and get a free meal.

If a movie goes out or the sound messes up I get a free movie ticket.

If a carnival ride crashes I sue and make millions,

Why should game developers keep taking our cash and pooping on us, and I cant say a word?

Ty

• dramatikzdramatikz Member Posts: 51
    take it easy chief.. but i agree completely with everything except player housing (makes no sense) but blizzard is messing up every game i love too. SC2 had no lan.. that should be standard procedure these days.. D3 has smaller parties, no customization points or PK.. need i say more? To top it all off WoW is now a kung fu panda game. Really Blizzard?

[EQ][DAoC][WoW][WAR][SWToR][GW2][TSW][WS}

Originally posted by dramatikz

take it easy chief.. but i agree completely with everything except player housing (makes no sense) but blizzard is messing up every game i love too. SC2 had no lan.. that should be standard procedure these days.. D3 has smaller parties, no customization points or PK.. need i say more? To top it all off WoW is now a kung fu panda game. Really Blizzard?

^^^

why is it that is seems like the average gaming fan knows all this, but the gaming company cant figure out what we want.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Originally posted by Spector88

Originally posted by dramatikz

^^^

why is it that is seems like the average gaming fan knows all this, but the gaming company cant figure out what we want.

Because they are not making games for gaming fans anymore. They are making them for mainstream consumers. Much bigger market...

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

You can hate it, but as some1 mentioned Wow playerbase gonna love it. Blizz is not charity org. They make games for MONEY. Your $$ < WoW crowd $$

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well if it don't work out Torchlight 2 & oath if exile this year
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Originally posted by Spector88

Im upset because THEY talked about player housing, and I expected Diablo 2 things that everyone loves along with a bigger world (either 1 world) or like 10-15 players max per room, something bigger, and housing instead of a chest in the middle of a town yes,

You keep focusing on the only thing I said non diablo 2ish, trust me, this game is horrible. And after waiting 10 years and being disappointed with game after game, I have every right to cry like a 5 y/o.

If I get a bad burger, I cry about it and get a free meal. You bought it and have a right to complain.

If a movie goes out or the sound messes up I get a free movie ticket. You bought a movie ticket and have a right to complain.

If a carnival ride crashes I sue and make millions, You paid for the ticket and have a right to sue/complain.

Why should game developers keep taking our cash and pooping on us, and I cant say a word? As far as I can tell they havent taken any of your money, and if they did you voluntarily gave it to them.

Ty

See the theme there?

Now if you BUY diablo three then that gives you a right to complain. That would be like me complaining that the new Ford Festiva doesnt come with cruise control as a standard feature. I dont own a Festiva and dont plan on buying one, so I wont complain about something I wont be buying or using.

Use the old vote with your wallet strategy. Works every time and to top it off you dont have to complain. Why? because you didnt spend a dime on it and can laugh at all the suckers that did =)

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Why does 4 person over another number matter can I ask?  It doesn't to me.  I got 3-4 family members and a few friends playing.  Each has a few themselves.

Diablo had 4 as well.  The number isn't going to be a problem.  I have no problem with the blacksmith as its still random, I was the guy that continued to cube blood axes hoping for the 350+ED one with sockets and IAS.  It is still randomly generated.

Now with that said I do have major complaints.  Playing single player or lan with family and friends over the last few years after I got away from hack.net leaves some thing to be desired.  10 character slots.  Limited storage, extremely limited for current technology and the little bit of storage it really takes up.

And as others have said, replayability.  This has yet to take shape and with only 10 character slots I imagine its going to be a pain deleting to make a new character.  Did I mention there is zero point in rerolling currently unless your leveling up a toon in a different fashion.  With that said, the way unlocks of skill runes being level based also put this in a degree of stupidness. 

The thing people forget about Diablo II is they released 1.10 roughly 2-3 years after initial release and made the game 1000% better as all classes became useful and playable in many different fasions.  So time will tell if the new players at Blizzard totally screwed up old Blizzard's prized product or did they get it right.  I'm on the fence about its longevity thats for sure.

This discussion has been closed.