Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet taking your money before cash shop is done.

PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

If you are agaisnt P2W, then you were never their target anyway, they got your money already before the shop is done, before NDA is lifted, even before a release date, since there will be no revenue from sub, you won't be paying anymore.

After the box you have no value to them, only the cash shoppers will be of interest to Anet, and those who love cash shop won't complain when they add a even more obvious P2W scheme, right now their hiding it behind gems, that doesn't make it any less P2W.

There is a very good reason why they haven't finished the shop yet, they want your money before you know what's gonna be in the shop, because those who dislike 'advantage for money', wouldn't have bothered buying the box if they knew what was gonna be in it.

This way they get money from both sides.

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

and why again do you bother about MY money again? ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

What? they got my money already? but i havent bougth the game yet, sneaky bastards..

While im against the p2w-style some developers have used since, ever. In the leaked pictures, while its still under development, i havent got the feeling they will shaft majority of their people with such items. And it certainly would be in Anet's best interest not do so, it would create such a huge negative wave it would paint pretty bad image of them, thus hurting their future sales.

edit: also what Thane said, its my money, i will choose to spend it the way i feel like.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by PieRad

If you are agaisnt P2W, then you were never their target anyway, they got your money already before the shop is done, before NDA is lifted, even before a release date, since there will be no revenue from sub, you won't be paying anymore.

After the box you have no value to them, only the cash shoppers will be of interest to Anet, and those who love cash shop won't complain when they add a even more obvious P2W scheme, right now their hiding it behind gems, that doesn't make it any less P2W.

There is a very good reason why they haven't finished the shop yet, they want your money before you know what's gonna be in the shop, because those who dislike 'advantage for money', wouldn't have bothered buying the box if they knew what was gonna be in it.

This way they get money from both sides.

Conspiracy theory much?  Seriously do you need to make a new cash shop post every single day especailly considering you dont even intend to play?

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Expansions. If they don't win me over with the cash shop, I won't be a future customer of their expansions. I'll just drop them like I did with other games that went to unacceptable lengths with DLC and other virtual content.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    Why do you care what i do with my money?

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

Yawn

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by PieRad

-snip-

Conspiracy theory much?  Seriously do you need to make a new cash shop post every single day especailly considering you dont even intend to play?

I think you're mistaken me for someone else.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Originally posted by Thane

and why again do you bother about MY money again? ^^

This

Oh and in the beta, cash shop is only simulated - hahaha so at least I'll enjoy some time in this game without the CS at all

Yes we who bought it, did the leap of faith

But whatever..I really want to play game for a long time so the money are worth it one way or another

Afterall it's the cost of new jeans or a necklace for my GF - I'm sure I'll enjoy this investment much more

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

This wasn't the case in Guild Wars and I don't believe it will be the case with Guild Wars 2. Perhaps an expansion every year. I'm getting tired with these threads about the horrors of the cashshop. On one hand you're preaching about all the evils of the cashshop (P2W and all that crap) and on the other hand you're saying that people can't deny that the cashshop is evil, because it's not finalized yet. Truth be told, that goes both ways. We can't be sure that the cashshop will be P2W or not.

What really bothers me is that they 'fans' (let's call them that for sake of simplicity) have to defend the cashshop against the negative crowd. The only thing we know about the cashshop is that it allows people to buy cosmetic stuff. Things that don't impact the 'balance' between players. I've seen some screenshots float around with 'karma boosts'. We also know, from the pre-purchase descriptions, that there are 'renown boosts' and 'experience boosts'. If that's spells P2W for you, then by all means, stand proudly on your soapbox preaching the end of Guild Wars 2. Aside from that though, we don't know anything else about what the cashshop will sell.

So in short, the cashshop isn't evil. Until ArenaNet proves otherwise, the cashshop isn't giving an unfair advantage to people who spend cash there.

Ontopic though, looking to what ArenaNet did for Guild Wars, how can you even say that they don't care for people who don't use the cashshop? I never used the cashshop in Guild Wars and yet I still got my regular patches, fun weekends, holidays, gifts, etc.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

If ANet mess this up, with this much hype, they will never get a development contract again.

This is AAA big deal development here.. not some crappy unknown game studio. This is also a franchise, one they are trying hard to establish.

I don't think they would be stupid enough to mess this up, but if they did.. they will certainly pay for it.

So don't worry, you nor anyone else need to keep making posts like this because you arn't going to change anything. The natural course of things will play out if it needs to.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

And when we all find out it is a completely pay to win cash shop, I'll spend another $60 to crush all the newbs that are poor.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

You guys would probably see what's in the cash shop, once the beta starts again.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

hy·per·bo·le

   [hahy-pur-buh-lee]  Show IPA

noun Rhetoric .

obvious and intentional exaggeration.

an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended tobe taken literally, as

“to wait an eternity.”

Lolipops !

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

and don't forget, pay to win has been in every game since gold sellers began.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Bunks

I don't agree. Goldselling hasn't set me back in WoW for example. Sure, the people spending cash for gold could buy some items for sums of gold I did not possess, but with enough time, I could buy them too.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Shop was fine in GW1, EVERYTHING they've showed us in the new shops is fine. If players have a problem with an item, they remove it (megaphones). So what exactly are you nagging about?

Wait until you play the game... then we'll see if you don't want to buy the game.

Oh and they didn't actually take our money... we gave it to them, if you can grasp the difference.

..Cake..

Originally posted by MikkelB

Originally posted by Bunks

I don't agree. Goldselling hasn't set me back in WoW for example. Sure, the people spending cash for gold could buy some items for sums of gold I did not possess, but with enough time, I could buy them too.

which is identical to what is being offered in GW2, time. In fact, the greatest advantage the game is offering right now is the 3 day head start.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Anet took my money? I've been trying to give them money for months cause the price of the game take me 3 hours of work to pay for - I think it's gonna be worth it
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

It's no suprise the cash shop is under NDA and we have no release date set.

This game sells millions before people see the actual flaws in the game :J

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

sigh..

Here is a tip about the money spending and lack of game quality tip.

Stop buying mmo's on pre-order lol... If you do this features, content and the like can be left out of the final release. :D It is a publishers move wether or not they can get away with minimum output for maximum initial sales...

Stop pre ordering games from hype its part of the evil cycle why you keep getting shafted.. you are all as bad as voting sheep..

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I'll be buying gw2 although I am weary of what may be in that shop later down the track and still unsure about what we know to be in there now. I have played p2w games before and well if I believe they cross the line they may already have my money but I'll never buy an Anet game again. They haven't proved to be shady just yet but we will see.
  • RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Hasn't this topic already been discussed to death in other threads?

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

Troll moar OP. YOU don't know what will be in the cash shop, yet you're here, writing doom and gloom.

P.S. Go check GW1 cash shop, and tell me, what is there sooooo P2W? There is some stuff that makes your life a bit easier if you're too lazy to get em yourself.

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

I'll be buying gw2 although I am weary of what may be in that shop later down the track and still unsure about what we know to be in there now. I have played p2w games before and well if I believe they cross the line they may already have my money but I'll never buy an Anet game again. They haven't proved to be shady just yet but we will see.

+1

I'm with you on that. The only real danger is the potential abuses. I trust Anet but not Ncsoft. And just last week there was an uproar because NCsoft east put in a "boss" drop weapon in the cash shop. We as a community need to get out the pitchforks over things like this. Cause when we don't, they will only take the nexxt step.

This discussion has been closed.