Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many copies of the game do you think were sold on April 10th?

13»

Comments

  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

    I voted 250K but it is probably 300K-350K that pre-purchased. Now pre-orders I bet are pretty damn high!

  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

    Originally posted by mrshroom89

    OTHER: NOT AS MANY AS SWTOR

    dude... really? With extra large font as well?

    Simply not good enough troll atempt... hehehehe :D

    "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

    image
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

    I believe between 250k to 500k with it being a lot closer to 250k.  Only true fans will buy the game before the release date is announced.  I"m certainly one of them.  The game will easily sell a million, if simply for its pricing plan.  It'll hit 500 to750 k more sells after release and gain another 1million or 2 after advertising and word of mouth.  

  • KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    I'll go out on a limb: "n+1", where n is the number of copies SWTOR sold at launch.

    Re: SWTOR

    "Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

  • jaycejayce Member Posts: 133

    Originally posted by QSatu

    I simply don't believe that many people want to buy games without release dates. Sure all the fans will buy it. but I think we are only looking at like 150k-300k people here. When we will get closer to release I bet they will sell like 1 mil. just b/c people will want to get 3 day head start but right now I doubt the figures will be as high as some expect. besides i doubt aNet wants 500k during all beta weekends. they limited the number of physical copies almost in every country.

    for some reason, i can't help but to look this whole pre-purchase thing as ncsoft trying to gauge how many cds they will have to distribute, and then throw in a few more for good measure or enough to make sure shelves will stay stocked long enough for the turnaround time in a normal distirbution cycle.

  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,957

    Originally posted by jayce

    Originally posted by QSatu

    I simply don't believe that many people want to buy games without release dates. Sure all the fans will buy it. but I think we are only looking at like 150k-300k people here. When we will get closer to release I bet they will sell like 1 mil. just b/c people will want to get 3 day head start but right now I doubt the figures will be as high as some expect. besides i doubt aNet wants 500k during all beta weekends. they limited the number of physical copies almost in every country.

    for some reason, i can't help but to look this whole pre-purchase thing as ncsoft trying to gauge how many cds they will have to distribute, and then throw in a few more for good measure or enough to make sure shelves will stay stocked long enough for the turnaround time in a normal distirbution cycle.

    Probably because everyone does that.

    Pre-order/pre-purchase are a HUGE tool devs use to figure out how many servers they are going to need and how many boxes/cd's they need to create and distribute.

    For example if you get 500k pre-orders, you probably only need to build the infrastructure to host a million players. Maybe 750k who knows exactly, but they DEFINITELY use pre-order/purchase data to prepare for the size of the launch.

  • jaycejayce Member Posts: 133

    Originally posted by BadSpock

    Probably because everyone does that.

    Pre-order/pre-purchase are a HUGE tool devs use to figure out how many servers they are going to need and how many boxes/cd's they need to create and distribute.

    For example if you get 500k pre-orders, you probably only need to build the infrastructure to host a million players. Maybe 750k who knows exactly, but they DEFINITELY use pre-order/purchase data to prepare for the size of the launch.

    then i guess we would have an easier time trying to figure out how huge of a launch gw2 will have if we can keep track of how many stores are in essence, consitantly sold out. if the community is having a hard time obtaining a physical copy, then watch out. it's just that some will not wait an opt for a digital version, which would skew even further an already estimated number.

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,287

    Gajillions of copies of course, or more than the grains of sand in the Sahara, or something like that. image

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,957

    Not having enough product to meet the demand is a problem any company would be happy to have and be able to find a solution for.

     

  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,858

    Originally posted by Nadya3

    Originally posted by umie214


    Originally posted by Nadya3

    i no longer preorder games.

    im very but very cautious about GW2 , so probably gonna wait 2 or 4 weeks after it gets released  before buying, or not buying.

    ive never preordered a game...for some reason though i feel really good about this one.

    you are wise.

    i've wasted alot of money, preordering, buying games.  that were a total let down.  or simply a boredom paradise 2 month after.

    Well if you invested $60 and you play it for 2 months you would have waisted about $1 a day. Unlike other games though you would have to have invested into the subscription fee. That saying, you will only be out about the price of a candybar for the comfort in knowing "YES" I bought a game I can quit anytime and go back to when I want with no guilt of sub fee!! :) I'm not trying to sell the game, just curious why people make such a big deal out of such a little amount for entertainment.! 

     

    edit: bad spelling day

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

    Originally posted by korent1991

    since there was +1 million beta registrations...

    I'd say  around 500.000

    thats bad logic though, i think more than 500,000 people would have signed up to beta just because they heard of it, not because they are die hard fans following the games every move.....iv signed up to so many betas just the same

    image

  • RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

    Heh some of the people in this thread. I would guess around 200-300k.  If even that. If they had hit an important benchmark like 500k they would be shouting it from the rooftop.

  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 597

    They have almost 500k following them on facebook, I don't know but I think someone liking GW2 on facebook will probably gravitate more to buying the game then not (as opposed to signing up for a beta) so i'm guessing 250k.

  • BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

    I don't see them ever reaching the million mark with pre purchases, just not gonna happen. I hope it doesn't get more than 250-500k. It's a bad trend to establish.

  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

    I'd say,

    Enough to give Anet a nice cash influx so they can further develope and fine tune the game. :)

    As to a specific number, I suspect it's higher than many of us think. At the very least we know that the CE is almost entirely sold out in europe and that the UK retailer Zavi was sold out within a half hour of selling them. They talked to Anet and got their supply upped thankfully. If anything just the CE sales will let Anet know how many they need to have made lol.

    I think the point was that they get a nice cash influx and by all appearances they did, in a big way. They even said they may have to half sales because there may not be enough room on the beta servers for everyone in the first BWE!

    image

  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

    Originally posted by RodimusPrime

    Heh some of the people in this thread. I would guess around 200-300k.  If even that. If they had hit an important benchmark like 500k they would be shouting it from the rooftop.

    Rest assure there will be more folks playing GW2 after 60 days then there was playing SWTOR

  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

    Becouse prolly these days people way more causious 250k. But if we look at the hype it can easly be posible its over 1 million?

    If i look at how the game is promoted here in netherlands it won't be more then 50k becouse shops and sites almost ignore Guild Wars 2 in Holland.

    How is Guild Wars 2 promoted in your countrys in europe? Seems to me most attention for GW2 is US?

     

    They prolly won't reach Skyrim figures?

  • Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

    Originally posted by Baddogbill

    Originally posted by RodimusPrime

    Heh some of the people in this thread. I would guess around 200-300k.  If even that. If they had hit an important benchmark like 500k they would be shouting it from the rooftop.

    Rest assure there will be more folks playing GW2 after 60 days then there was playing SWTOR

    Speculative at best.

     

     

     

Sign In or Register to comment.