Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

502 error?

jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

After buying the game are you getting a 502 error while filling out the rest of the info, or linking it to your guild wars 1 account? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Edit: I was able to register right away when I switched over to my laptop. So if you are having problems maybe just switch computers. (Yes it's true if you are american you have at least 2 computers!)

Comments

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Probably best to just wait till tomorrow to complete the purchase. 

The first attempt I made, it errored out.   At that point I figured the last thing I need is 30 charges to my credit card from a shoddy web form while pointlessly trying to buy something that isn't exactly time sensitive or limited.

So, come back tomorrow.  Its not like they are going to sell out of digital copies of the game!

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

You gotta wait. Why everyone always rushes to buy things during the rush hour is beyond me. Servers are ALWAYS overloaded when this happens and tend to spazz out. Your game isn't going anywhere.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

even though I had the 502 code I went to close the website to open it again via the email for registration.  Come to find out I had another email confirming my registration... !! BAM DONE

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Wait or keep refreshing the page until it works.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Just keep retrying it. I had the same issue, but everything went fine after like the 5th try. Their account management page needs a lot of work :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
  • Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Yes same here took me a few tries, had to retype my day I was born and like click on my name to get my 4 code digit back up

but after a bit it worked out fine, I would say they are probably trying to process 10,000 account right now, haha or more.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Heh i think its great that they are having so many pre-purchase the game that the website is having issues with the traffic.

I hope that ANet will post the pre-purchase numbers for the first 24 hours will be really interesting to see them.

Lolipops !

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

F5 did NOT work for me, but going back and reentering the info again did work.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

I just added this to the top too, but if you are having problems registering, and have access to another computer try registering on that one. It worked first try for me when I did that.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    I'm getting this when trying buy stuff off of the trading company.