Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Top 5 Favorite TV shows

StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Name your top 5 favorite TV shows you watch as of 2012 (no cancelled shows).

What appeals to you in each of the 5 shows?

Comments

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Not cancelled? Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Venture Bros, and probably Peep Show.

Breaking Bad is by far one of the best show on television (well, in my opinion of course). Just about everyone gives a terrific performance.. and the storyline is becoming real gripping; I'm always on the edge of my seat with this show.

The Walking Dead I'll admit isn't the best when it comes to writing or acting.. but just as a television show it's one of the most entertaining for me. I love how it being in the zombie genre it tries to takes itself pretty serious.. i.e. it isn't over-the-top with badassery or zombies trying to scare you. It's a survival drama first and an zombie show second.. which is a breath of fresh air! 

Game of Thrones is fantastic in pretty much every department; characters, performances, storyline, etc. And what I love most is the cinematography.

The Venture Bros is a real treat. I love all the subtle and not-so-subtle popular culture references.. really witty humor.. and for a 'cartoon' the storylines can be quite intricate.

And, lastly, Peep Show is just a favorite comedy.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Sons of Anarchy - This would have to be my current favorite. I wouldn't say it is an edge of the seat kind of show, being that they seem too afraid to kill off any of the really important characters, but I really like the setting and the characters. Probably my favorite thing about the show is waiting for the payoff when someone learns something important that other characters and the audience already know. They really do a good job building up to the reveal and making the fallout really fun to watch.

Breaking Bad - This show is just plain good. The transformation in all the main characters is along worth watching the show for, but I especially like the ever changing relationship between Walter and Jessie.

Dexter - Each seasons story has been a little less interesting than the season before, but I just enjoy much more than most others. I also like the whole morality struggle with Dexter.

Southland - I could be wrong about this since I really wouldn't be one to know, but I enjoy this for how realistic it is compared to all the other cop shows out there. I also really appreciate how each episode has sort of an "edge of your seat" feel to it. You never really know when someone might get killed, and the realism of the characters really makes you feel more emotional towards them.

Psych - Psych reminds me of my all time favorite show M*A*S*H in that the jokes are near constant and I really like how creative they are with the theme shows. 

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Game of Thrones - I love fantasy shows and after the hugely disappointment of legend of The seeker it's nice to have a big budget fantasy show on TV again. The cast is great and it follows the books where it matters.

Person of Interest - A great homeage to shows like The Equalizer and Stingray. Again Awesome cast and the pure badassness of the main character makes this a must see show.

Southland - One of the most gritty and violent cop shows I have seen on tv and probably the best as well. it offers a different kind of realism than we are used to seeing from shows like 'Third Watch'

Justified - I've always liked Timothy Olyphant and he is doing an outstanding job as the US Marshal Raylan Givens with his shoot first ask questions later persona.

The Mentalist - I like the mocking superior arrogance attitude of the main character and it's darker undertones compared to 'Castle'

I watch the other ones mentioned as well

Boardwalk Empire I can't watch no more after they killed Jimmy

Walkind Dead I only sporatically watch. Too much Battlestar Galactica'esque drama in between the good stuff.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

1. Breaking Bad - The writing, the twists, the depth, the characters. A very unique show with an original story line, superb writing, and an oustanding group of actors and actresses.

2. Game of Thrones - A fantastic story with an incredible cast of characters. Simply a great show that keeps you wondering what will happen next and to whom. Well, for those that haven't read all the books anyways.

3. Boardwalk Empire - Another show that has a great cast of characters and keeps you wondering what will happen next. It is intersting to see how the characters (those that survive anyways) are changing over the course of the seasons.

4. The Walking Dead - Hey, it has zombies! Actually an interesting bunch of characters too. Curious to see how they will keep surviving the walking dead and other survivors that may prove to be much more dangerous than the walkers are to them.

5. Justified - Some of the best character dialogue I have ever seen in a television show takes place on this one. Sometimes it feels like it circles the drain in its plot development but dialogue wise for the characters some of the best stuff on television or even compared to most movies.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.