Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What overland travel options are there in WvWvW?

Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

I was thinking about overland travel in WvWvW and how it would impact tractics and hadnt seen the following talked about...

1: One of the PvE features seen in videos is that a group member can fast travel/teleport to other members and speed up travel.

How will this work in WvWvW? I'm hoping not at all. One of the aspects of RvR in DAOC was in cutting off reinforcements to the main fight. It allowed the soloers or small groups to get into a fight if they didnt feel like zerging around. 

2: Can you travel to any of the 4 WvWvW maps from your home server lands or do you go to your server's WvWvW map, then run out in to the middle one, then run out to the others? If its running from map edge to the next map would your server's player cap in the first map block access to the others?

Comments

• star8472star8472 Member Posts: 72

actually from what I noticed each of the 4 regions has each servers "home base" which you can teleport to. From there you must run to keeps and towers unless that keep or tower has a teleport upgrade.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by star8472

actually from what I noticed each of the 4 regions has each servers "home base" which you can teleport to. From there you must run to keeps and towers unless that keep or tower has a teleport upgrade.

And to add to that, they said that Teleport are off when Keeps are under attack so the only way in is to go through the many outside entrances that is being camped by your enemies.

And there is also an secret underwater tunnel that you can use and many others that will be hard for your enemies to constantly camp.

For the castle, i believe they said there are upgrades that can make sure its teleport are operational even under attack, but its costly.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• star8472star8472 Member Posts: 72

oh i didn't know that part! thanks for the info

• I think you basically have to hoof it beyond telporting in directly.  I seem to remember some kind of summon like ability some class had being emntioned in a video.

I am anticipating that there will be "runner" builds similar to what people created in GW1 to to areas they hadn't been before.  Mostly for scouting or supply delivery.

It looks like Elementalist is one of the classes that may be able to travel ground well.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Thanks for the replies.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

You can teleport to any other base (red, green, blue) if you wish from the starting area portals...

You can also teleport to any other major fortress which isn't under attack and is under your servers control. :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Teleporting is definitly the mode of travel in GW2. Even in WvW.

I didnt like it at first, but at least you cant teleport to a keep if its under attack, that should help with open PvP, instead of all the action being at the keeps.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

uhm from what i've seen, Feet.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Adalwulff

Teleporting is definitly the mode of travel in GW2. Even in WvW.

I didnt like it at first, but at least you cant teleport to a keep if its under attack, that should help with open PvP, instead of all the action being at the keeps.

Until the guild who owns the keep upgrades it so that you can teleport to it while it is under attack. ^_^