Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowd funding

1234568»

Comments

• BuzzingLight22BuzzingLight22 Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    Crowdfunding is a nice concept. As you can see there are many good ideas made up by game developers but only stay in the drawing board just because of the lack of money they have. Games like Squad are a great example to see what you can actually achieve with good crowdfunding and willingness to finish up the game.

In the other case you have games mostly the Roleplaying ones trying to scam people out. Good examples was RAW, a game where people threw almost 300k but they have never got an update on it's state.

• JakeyjakeyJakeyjakey Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Lence said:

Whats your opinion on crowd funding at the moment? It's nice to see old-school devs or people with brilliant ideas get funded directly by fans. no more money to publishers, taxes etc.. but 100% goes to developers. I'm pretty sure big publishers are afraid of this.

I guess it's working for BG3.
  • TabzOnlyTabzOnly Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Lence said:

Whats your opinion on crowd funding at the moment? It's nice to see old-school devs or people with brilliant ideas get funded directly by fans. no more money to publishers, taxes etc.. but 100% goes to developers. I'm pretty sure big publishers are afraid of this.

Historically most indie devs don't know how to spend the money. So its risky as a patron. But sometimes it works out
  • SmoothFactsSmoothFacts Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    May well just spend your cash on an eztablished game you like
  • MarcoAmaraMarcoAmara Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I really love the idea. This is gonna help a lot of people who lack funds for their project.
  • danielcharlesdanielcharles Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Hi I am Daniel Charles,

A strong, highly visible crowdfunding campaign can provide validation and social proof that's vital in charting your path forward. When potential customers show interest in your startup's product or service, you've generated social proof—demonstrating that other people believe in what you're doing.

Thanks
  • TogglesunTogglesun Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    Simpsons did it
  • ClitusRogerClitusRoger Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    It's perfect, thank you. And I have a very interesting application for you whatsapp plus descargar
  • ahmedali002ahmedali002 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Lence said:

Whats your opinion on crowd funding at the moment? It's nice to see old-school devs or people with brilliant ideas get games funded directly by fans. no more money to publishers, taxes etc.. but 100% goes to developers gamespx. I'm pretty sure big publishers are afraid of this.