Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shouldnt my PC run EVE?

AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

hello everyone, i'm pretty positive my PC should be able to run EVE alright, but i cant even create a character without massive lag or freeze up, any advice or opinions on this would be appreciated, below are my specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:

Windows 2.6.1.7600

CPU TYPE:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400

CPU SPEED:

2.83 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:

2 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:

1.24 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:

nvd3dum.dll

DESKTOP RESOLUTION:

1600x900

HARD DISK SIZE:

931.41 GB

HARD DISK FREE SPACE:

779.13 GB (84%)

DOWNLOAD SPEED:

142.33 kB/s (1.2 mbps)

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Are your video drivers up to date?

Maybe Qwiz will be along to answer for sure. But from what I see you shouldnt have any problems.

I could run 3 instances of Eve all in windowed mode on two 24" monitors (1 full screen windowed with max settings at 1920x1080)

And I wouldnt say my system was that much better than that. Its a system I built going on 4 years ago, except I updated my video card and I am using a GTX 260.

Now I will say this, the character creation would put a hurting on me if I had all three instances up. So make sure you start with the lowest gaphical settings possable, and see what happens.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

The character creator is the most resource intensive part of the game... so it will get better after/if you make it through that part.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

I dunno why you are having problems. Your PC seems to be able to run it :/

Keep on rockin'!image

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Other than the 7300 GT I don't see much problem. That card is pretty ancient though may not be able to run shader model 3 or whatever they are running now.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

2 gigs ram, if you have the possibility, update it to 4 or even 8 :)

only thing i can see that could make probs in games.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"