Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Path of Exile Video

iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

I just posted my first look at Path of Exile on youtube. Hope you enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvGGlpySTc

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

The game felt a little dated to me in terms of gameplay. Alot of modern stuff they have not added like item comparison tooltips,less overwhelming skill trees (not saying skill trees should be simple, but just take a look at it and you will see what i mean lol) The graphics looked rather strange...almost like plastic but I guess it looked "okay". It did have pretty terrible animations though. All you do is spam potions too, which is not very interesting for gameplay. The classes could use a unique gameplay mechanic system for each one as well. 

The saving grace is that it is going to be a free to play game, but I see this game going the way of games like Mythos.The only reason people are even aware of this game is because we have not seen a good Diablo-esq Action RPG since Torchlight. Its pretty much going to be stampeded by D3 (as no one is even aware of it for the most part as well) and Torchlight 2.

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

Your experience is completely different to mine, and I have no idea what you mean by, "all you do is spam potions."

I also didn't get too nitpicky in looking at things like item comparison tooltips because there are still major things they will be adding to this game so to nitpick this early in beta didn't seem fair. I actually wonder, though, if item comparisons would even work in this game since items do so much more than increase stats.

I seriously doubt PoE will be stampeded by anything. It's a solid game and I think it's better now in closed beta than most f2p games are at launch, and this is coming from someone who likes f2p games.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Celcius

The game felt a little dated to me in terms of gameplay. Alot of modern stuff they have not added like item comparison tooltips,less overwhelming skill trees (not saying skill trees should be simple, but just take a look at it and you will see what i mean lol) The graphics looked rather strange...almost like plastic but I guess it looked "okay". It did have pretty terrible animations though. All you do is spam potions too, which is not very interesting for gameplay. The classes could use a unique gameplay mechanic system for each one as well. 

The saving grace is that it is going to be a free to play game, but I see this game going the way of games like Mythos.The only reason people are even aware of this game is because we have not seen a good Diablo-esq Action RPG since Torchlight. Its pretty much going to be stampeded by D3 (as no one is even aware of it for the most part as well) and Torchlight 2.

Sorry to be blunt, but I couldn't disagree more with this. I've been playing the D3 open beta, and from what I've seen so far, it doesn't hold a candle to PoE. The severely limited customization, the linear, claustrohobic pathways with the little room for deviation, the WoW-ish graphics and lackluster details, to name a few. All I can hope is that it opens up as you get farther in.

Honestly, if I didn't know anything about either game, and someone showed me a clip of both of them in action and asked me to choose which one was the successor of diablo 2, you can bet I'd get it wrong.

I guess it's too soon to make a real opinion on it yet, but so far I'm generally unimpressed with D3, and I have to wonder if maybe the guys at Grinding Gear Games counted on other people feeling the same way I do about it. By having it release so soon after D3, they can capitalize on those disappointed with D3, who are looking for something more similar to D2. Just a thought.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Celcius

That for the most part is how I feel about D3, it seems dated as can be, the graphics are ok, the gameplay is just so dated and bland though. Take the WoWesque questing thrown in there and it's just horrid.

D3 is going to get stampeded by Torchlight and PoE from the looks of it.

I will admit to not being aware of this title until it was brought up in the D3 beta events. People kept complaining about D3 and stating it just doesn't stack up with PoE especially with the $60 price tag.

Now if the Beta players are suggesting this to other D3 Beta players.... I doubt the "no one is even aware of it for the most part..." thing is going to last very long.

Sad to see the Diablo series fall but nothing lasts forever :(

Atleast we have some decent games to replace it with.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Very nice vid. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this title now. Thanks :)

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Path of exile really surprised me. The graphics are okay, nothing fancy, not sure if I love the style though. Interesting currency system and holy mother of god, what custiomzation !!!

I finished the diablo 3 beta in almost 2 hours, solid gameplay I guess, no apparant bugs(well after such a long development time I would expect nothing less). But no customization? At least not yet, and that gives me a terrible first impression. The music and mood was pretty disappointing, didn't really give me the setting I wanted. But I don't want to bash on the game too much, the "demo" was extremely limiting and things could turn out to be much better.

Thats why I am surprised they realsed such a meh first impression. And I am hearing much of the same complains I have.

But lets be fair guys, diablo 3 will sell tons no matter how poor or good the game is. The hype, an the fact its blizzard will make it a gigantic success even if it is bad, ufortunately.

There I hope people will spread this little gem to people, because it really deserves some attention.

OH I forgot the best part, NO ACHIEVEMENTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Well at least not that I could see, not the first hour I played anyway. Seriously I got like 20 achievements playing through diablo 3 in almost 2 hours. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR DESTROYING 10 BOXES OR WHATEVER? WHAT THE FUCK DID I ACCOMPLISH REALLY? Sorry for the childish rant but god damn I hate that shit. SO DUMB and pointless.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

thats a nice video. this coming weekend youll get the chance to test the new engine, new class, and lots of new stuff.

Maybe a new video is in order? :)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR