Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Risen 2: Dark Waters

eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Anyone else think this game looks good?   Open world, nice controls and camera, mmo style RPG.  Heres video of some gameplay, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J_MOXku3VI&feature=related.  Its suppose to release later this month, april 27th.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The first Risen was a lot of fun. Wish they had made it "bigger", but I enjoyed it.

I've got my eye on Risen 2, but I probably won't be picking up at release. The combat from what i've seen looks more similar to Gothic 3 than the first Risen, though I would imagine and hope not nearly as buggy as G3. Even without the bugs though, I didn't really care for Gothic 3 combat, so that is something i'm a little worried about.

There is also the day 1 DLC thing which i'm extremely against.

Beyond those two things though, I think the game looks good. If I hear after release that the combat system is alright or good, I'll probably get a copy.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by eycel
    Anyone else think this game looks good?   Open world, nice controls and camera, mmo style RPG.  Heres video of some gameplay,   Its suppose to release later this month, april 27th.

Aweful looking game, limited gameworld invisble barriers, aweful animation and realy bad txt conversations/cutscenes, combat seems aweful bad.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

The first Risen was a lot of fun. Wish they had made it "bigger", but I enjoyed it.

I've got my eye on Risen 2, but I probably won't be picking up at release. The combat from what i've seen looks more similar to Gothic 3 than the first Risen, though I would imagine and hope not nearly as buggy as G3. Even without the bugs though, I didn't really care for Gothic 3 combat, so that is something i'm a little worried about.

There is also the day 1 DLC thing which i'm extremely against.

Beyond those two things though, I think the game looks good. If I hear after release that the combat system is alright or good, I'll probably get a copy.

I didnt play the first one, every once in awhile a game will show up and catch my eye and ill be all, that game looks sweet and then most of the time it turns out its terrible and flops and I cant believe it lol!

Fable 3 was one of those games, I cant stand that game but it looked so cool when it was being shown before release.  The thing that kinda puts my off about this game is after getting all stoked for the game, I started watching play throughs and although it looks cool, it seems kinda for younger audience given the theme of it.   Theres no doubt about it, this game is a pirate game and thats all there is to it!