Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far so good!

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

A quick update.. the game so far is great, loving the combat system also the awesome cinematic class missions, it really gets you into the game.

Questing so far is good.
PvP is pretty fun, reminds me of the WoW PvP system but better, of course.
A lot of players, it's crazy.
Nice community.

I wont tell you this game is 10/10 just yet, since i have only been playing for 10 hours, but like i said, so far so good :)

On another note, if i wanted to upgrade the friend trial account, do i have to purchase the game and then sub or do i just do a monthly subscription and start playing?

Comments

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

I'm really not trying to troll you or rain or your parade but instead of a 10 hour update, why don't you report back in a month and tell us you still feel this way or like many people which didn't make it even a month. Myself included. 

-It's your money though

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Bardus

I'm really not trying to troll you or rain or your parade but instead of a 10 hour update, why don't you report back in a month and tell us you still feel this way or like many people which didn't make it even a month. Myself included. 

-It's your money though

True story. I had fun for a month, actualy a little more probablly. Still cant really complain got my moneys worth.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    You need to buy the client and sub, play the trial as much as you can during the 7days and see how you feel at the end.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

To really get some longevity out of the game, try finding a guild that regularly raids Operations.  They can be fun if you have the right group, and BioWare seems to have ironed out some of the bugs that were hampering raid progression.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Good for you OP.  Nice to see someone researching and making up their own mind for a change instead trusting "What that other guy said".  I'm still playing it since the day it went live, but like others, I would recommend you get your free trials worth and really check out the game as much as you can.  After all, the more research, the better.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

If you ever tell us its a 10/10 we'll have to totally disregard your opinion I'm afraid. image

But glad you're enjoying it, I'm still playing now into my 2nd month, and wouldn't give it much more than a 7.5, mostly because it's not really what I'm looking for in a MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's fine while leveling, a little lonely but the story kinda makes up for it. If you view it as kotor 3 the leveling game is decent fun.

It's when you hit 50 and it stops being kotor 3 and becomes dumbed down space wow. That's when the problems start.
  • MckiedizMckiediz Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

It's fine while leveling, a little lonely but the story kinda makes up for it. If you view it as kotor 3 the leveling game is decent fun.

It's when you hit 50 and it stops being kotor 3 and becomes dumbed down space wow. That's when the problems start.

Every themepark games and especially RPGs, singleplayer or massively multiplayer, are about end game (the progression to an end), gear grind or looking for some sort of achivements.
    All of them : Final fantasy, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, WoW, Rift, SWTor...etc

Once you finish the story or you finish leveling it is what is all about.
  • GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Mckiediz

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Every themepark games and especially RPGs, singleplayer or massively multiplayer, are about end game (the progression to an end), gear grind or looking for some sort of achivements. All of them : Final fantasy, Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, WoW, Rift, SWTor...etc Once you finish the story or you finish leveling it is what is all about.

Very true in my opinion McKiediz.  Some people like that kind of play and some don't. I personally do not mind it in THIS game since the story , for me, makes it feel like something is happening and therefore the grind seems to go away.  I've noticed that most sandbox games are all about the grind as well.  It is either grind skills, grind gear, grind time, grind whatever.  For me that is not fun since the grind is ALWAYS in front of me, I can't seem to ignore or loose it, but some love it.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Zyzz

A quick update.. the game so far is great, loving the combat system also the awesome cinematic class missions, it really gets you into the game.

Questing so far is good.

PvP is pretty fun, reminds me of the WoW PvP system but better, of course.

A lot of players, it's crazy.

Nice community.

I wont tell you this game is 10/10 just yet, since i have only been playing for 10 hours, but like i said, so far so good :)

On another note, if i wanted to upgrade the friend trial account, do i have to purchase the game and then sub or do i just do a monthly subscription and start playing?

I remember when I'd only played 10-hours.    And hadn't discovered that every planet was:

Four poorly designed, static zones arranged in a linear fashion and the questing was:

1.  Main Quest Unique to over-all class (ie  Knight, Consular, Imperial Agent, Bounty Hunter).

2.  One planetary-wide (zone to zone) quest.  

3.  Two or three local zone quests where you spent all your time killing 10 Rhakghouls (Impies, convics, gang-members, different gang members, insects, more impies, robots), now 20 more, now 40 more, now the field boss.   Over and over and over and over and over...   

All of which, btw, were typically slaughter-fests with brain-dead opponents.   There were only two things that ever made anything challenging:

A.   BioWare's insistance that every fight, even if you're ranged, must start at 6' and only AFTER the big monologue/rant by the boss...

B.  Your idiot companions aggroing entire rooms as the knocked back the enemy from one group into another and then another then another...   Great...

Just once I'd have liked to sight-in a sniper scope and head-shot the boss -- OSOK.   Or maybe a puzzle...    Or solve something diplomatically through the persuation skill (oops, not a feature of any of the classes, not even the Consular)....

But noooo.........   Zerg, zerg baby...