Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2's Developers = Arenanet

ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

Or close enough.

You want to play a game made by the old Blizzard? Play Guild Wars 2, not this steaming pile of filth.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(

Comments

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

You're not doing any favours to the image of GW2 fans with this.

• Cyraxx31Cyraxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 18

I'm a GW2 fan... don't worry I don't mind =)

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by ArEf

Or close enough.

You want to play a game made by the old Blizzard? Play Guild Wars 2, not this steaming pile of filth.

That's not a very productive way to get your point across mate.

3 Anet Founders came from Blizz in 2000. They are mostly credited with Battle.net which gave them expertise to create GW's streaming technology which was adopted by blizzard some 8 years later.

As far as Blizzard North pioneers - You might want to check up on the Flagship Studio guys. Bill Roper and friends were deeper into Diablo than the ArenaNet guys. They had a lot of Starcraft and Warcraft experience though. 

I actually believe that one of the Diablo 2 chief designers worked on that Rome MMO. He might have abandoned ship.

But what I am trying to say is this - Games are not made by one person or a select few individuals. Blizzard seem to have no single star developer, but be a collective effort made by many developers, and despite their many changes over the last 10 years or more, they have been incredible successful. 

Neither Diablo 3 or GW2 have a monthly fee. So get both and take them from what they are. Comparing apple and oranges, will not bring you smoothie. Only sadness. And diabetes. 

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Ya Max schaefer and Erich shaefer co-founder of Blizz North ,are now founder of Runic games and working on torchlight 2

The 3 Founder of Arenanet  did not just Worked on D2 ,They worked  on Warcraft Starcraft diablo , diablo 2 and battle.net

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Jeff Strain doesn't work for NCSoft (ANet) anymore either.  He has his own gig with Undead Labs.  Patrick Wyatt, one of the three founders, now works at En Masse.  Only Mike O'Brien is left of the original 3 at ANet.

So basically, the OP doesn't know what he's talking about?

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by grimfall

Jeff Strain doesn't work for NCSoft (ANet) anymore either.  He has his own gig with Undead Labs.  Patrick Wyatt, one of the three founders, now works at En Masse.  Only Mike O'Brien is left of the original 3 at ANet.

Pretty much.  But at least he was adamant about it.  

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Edit: 4 seconds of wiki tells me En Masse is Tera dev.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by grimfall

Except for the fact Arenanet is the last corporate environment close to old school Blizzard.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Exilor

i agree - im a gw2 fan and I dont see the need to redirect fans to gw2

gw2 is overhyped anyhow, let D3 fans enjoy their fandom in the D3 section :)

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Exilor

It's almost like he's trying to get people further pissed off at the GW2 community.

• 2D34DLY4U2D34DLY4U Member UncommonPosts: 62

GW2 pvp looks awesome. BUT...let's see what comes of D3 pvp?

There is a non zero chance that the OP ends up eating his own tongue.

Harder to launch full fledged pvp MMO from 0 than add instanced pvp to game that sells couple million copies.

GW2 needs it's hype. D3 just rolls on the Blizz / WOW / Diablo 1-2 power train.