Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so wait a person can have a character in multiple guilds?

EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

just read on GW2Guru that a character can be apart of multiple guilds? how is that going to work and doesn't that seem to go against the whole idea of guilds in the first place?

Comments

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

I actually hope this is true, loved it in FFXI.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

you get like a drop down box..you only earn infulence for the guild you are "reping" at the time, so you can have like a WvW guild and a PvE guild. you can be a part of many guilds but only progress one at a time.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

I hope they give us tools so that we leaders can see what guilds a person is apart of. so i can avoid those with multiple guilds.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Ecoces

just read on GW2Guru that a character can be apart of multiple guilds? how is that going to work and doesn't that seem to go against the whole idea of guilds in the first place?

Not really. A regular PvE guild, a pvP guild and one for the IRL friends seems perfect for me.

Sure, some people might get into far too many guilds but I assume you only have access to the guildchat of the guild you are flagging at the moment so for n'most people it will just make things easier.

It is really hard to get a good guild for both PvE and PvP, this solves it.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

It is true.

How it works is not unlike in FFXI in that you can join as many guilds as you like, but you can only represent / be in contact with one at a time. So, you have the option to switch freely between any of the guilds you have joined, but you will only be representing one of them at any given time, and I believe you will only be seeing the chat of the guild you are currently representing.

Furthermore, the guild perks you have are only given by the guild you are currently representing (ie you don't get all the perks at once of all the guilds you have joined), so you could for instance: Have a PvE guild with really nice PvE perks (increased exp gain / etc.) and then a PvP guild (increased WvW influence / etc.) and switch between the two depending on what you wanna do.

The only area where it's a bit unclear atm, is how this will work in regards to WvW. In warhammer online winning a keep for your server was a good thing, but only 1 guild could claim that keep as their own. This meant that if a lower ranked guild claimed the keep it would be less defended than if a higher rank guild claimed the same keep. It's not clear if it will work this way for WvW, as you can buy defenses for your keep in the form of patrols, guards, and siege weapons. If this isn't effected by your guild, then guilds will have a lot less impact on this game than they did in the previous. It'll mostly just be a social hub w/ some buffs / perks for being a member.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

This can be great for individuals, but I see a possibility of it hurting guild communities.

People don't have to form a bond with their guild and  I think that  the overal community can suffer from that. People being asses under one guildtag can hurt all other guilds they are in by their reputation. Try and fix that as a guild leader.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I don't like this idea. I can understand people wanting to have 2 (1 PvE, 1 PvP) guilds. 3 guilds is pushing it but more than that it's just stupid. I seriously don't like that you can join 50 guilds. There should be a reasonable limit and it shouldn't be more than 3 imo.

Also if they are giving people the option to join multiple guilds, I think they should give people the option to see who's in which guild and maybe have an option that if someone's part of your guild they can't join any other guild. Why would I want to invite someone with 5-10 guilds? They would never talk in the chat because they will not see it 90% of the time. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Well it would make the Guilds have to be good homes to keep players around. I don't know that it would change the guild dynamics usually seen like the "Elite Guild" status usually seen. Interesting idea though.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Boatsmate

Well it would make the Guilds have to be good homes to keep players around. I don't know that it would change the guild dynamics usually seen like the "Elite Guild" status usually seen. Interesting idea though.

Guilds need to do that regardless. If a guild doesn't provide a good home then people will move on anyways regardless of if they can be in multiple guilds or not.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Originally posted by spaceport

I actually hope this is true, loved it in FFXI.

That's the very first thing that came to my mind lol

Meh lately I feel tempted to subscribe for  a month, to see how things are going in the game.

Harbinger of Fools
  • headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

it's a great idea.

especially in a game with a high pvp focus. you can do your pve with a pve guild and pop over to your pvp guild when you're in pvp. the guild perks look like they'd take time to achieve, so you'd find yourself uncomfortable if your guild wasn't wanting to focus on pvp as much as pve, but you wanted to pvp...

that reason alone is awesome.

plus, i have to admit to loving the RPG part of mmorpg, and look forward to a thieves guild - at last! that's a great way to actually discuss your skills with like-minded. one of the worst things about some mmos is you end up asking all and sundry and get warriors telling you how to stabby stabby when it's blatantly clear they don't know one end of a sword from the other themselves.

i think, given a chance, this has a potential for you finding more friends in the game than you would if you just kept with a single guild. i mean, let's face it, many guilds are highly insular and filled with too much in-fighting. isn't it much nicer to feel you can move around.

in life perspective, i don't skate with the guys i work with, and don't game with the guys i skate or work with. so, you know. each piece of fun needs its own brand of like-minded friends. :)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Poor guild leaders ... forced to spend their life's savings on the Influence vendor to keep as much boosts up as possible and to make their guilds appealing enough for people to keep repping for them and not insta-switch to another guild; it's a dirty job, eh?

Members have it easy: they can quickly scan to see which guild has the most boosts running at the time and just run with the one that gives them the most personal gain.

Lost your guild's keep in WvW and things look bleak? Watch and see your members melt away like snowflakes in the sun to join that other guild which is about to cap their own.

Not saying that all people are like that, but many people in online games aren't so very loyal.

At the very least this adds a ton more incentive for guild leadership to run a tight and well organized ship and keep achieving because guild members are a much more liquid commodity this way.

I think it is reasonable to expect succesful guilds to come up with their own rules against guild commuting and forbidding their members to rep for others.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

That's great, if I log to one of my guilds and don't see anyone online, I can switch to the other and see if there is someone on; If this feature was implemented in WoW, I wouldn't have to be leaving and joining guilds like there is no tomorrow.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by DarkPony

Poor guild leaders ... forced to spend their life's savings on the Influence vendor to keep as much boosts up as possible and to make their guilds appealing enough for people to keep repping for them and not insta-switch to another guild; it's a dirty job, eh?

Members have it easy: they can quickly scan to see which guild has the most boosts running at the time and just run with the one that gives them the most personal gain.

Lost your guild's keep in WvW and things look bleak? Watch and see your members melt away like snowflakes in the sun to join that other guild which is about to cap their own.

Not saying that all people are like that, but many people in online games aren't so very loyal.

At the very least this adds a ton more incentive for guild leadership to run a tight and well organized ship and keep achieving because guild members are a much more liquid commodity this way.

I think it is reasonable to expect succesful guilds to come up with their own rules against guild commuting and forbidding their members to rep for others.

Well, there are 2 kind of players in regards of guilds, those who only join a guild to get goodies and cool stuf without doing a shit, and those who actively help and contribute to the guild growth, who you think will be kiked first and who will help to gain renoun to the guild?

In short: if you are in a active WvW guild and you dont help your guild, the guild wont help you and you get kiked, so there is no need to pay for influence if all the members help to get it.

In the other hand if you are also in a friends guild only for fun and PvE, they wont care if you dont help to gain renoun because that guild would be more like a friends lobby, to chat and things like that.

P.D: And dont come with shit like: hur dur then ther players will have to pay with real money for the inlfuence in order to not being kiked from the guild, because thats shit as players will gain influence for the guild by doing events and things while they represent it.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Loke666

Not really. A regular PvE guild, a pvP guild and one for the IRL friends seems perfect for me.

Sure, some people might get into far too many guilds but I assume you only have access to the guildchat of the guild you are flagging at the moment so for n'most people it will just make things easier.

It is really hard to get a good guild for both PvE and PvP, this solves it.

Sounds about right for me too.  Although my PvE guild will be my PvP guild too, but I hope to befriend a solid group of 4 other guys for doing some Explorable mode dungeons.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

is not confirm yet but yes there are videos showing about it that you can be in a main guild and basically you can be in other but its not yet confirm if its going to be the alliance guild that you can be part too ,but still the function is still unknown

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Sounds about right for me too.  Although my PvE guild will be my PvP guild too, but I hope to befriend a solid group of 4 other guys for doing some Explorable mode dungeons.

Yeah, you can also create guilds that really are adventure groups instead. I missed that option in other games  because all P&P players know that any world should have some legendary adventurer groups.

You couild also join a crafters guild or a thieves guild. It opens up for roleplaying.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by DarkPony

What you are saying don't make much sense to me. At the contrary both guild leader and guild members won't have to be some kind of organization freak or robot at the service of a guild, imo it will be a lot more relaxed, because the pseudo competition existing in guild just doesn't matter anymore.The guild that are about competition can keep it that way, but you are not forced to follow their rules in a dictatorship way, you can go with other of your friend and share them whatever is to share, without bothering anyone, quitting guilds, pissing people and all this crap linked to the "my guild is my only way". It will also reduce significantly all the exploit linked to pvp guilds, where people would just quit and make one man guild to maintain a castle and all those non sense usual pvp guild system served us for decades.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

There was this game (some f2p asian grinder which doesn't need to be named) where you can promote guild members to guild owner and the guild owner still being a part of the guild could rename it and you only see the members that was invited by the guild master while there maybe alot more members in the guild. Kind of like a guild within a guild type thing. I know it won't be like that but it's a good idea to seperate the pvpers from the pvpers from the socials etc. I only like the idea of being in one guild myself.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by emperorwings

I only like the idea of being in one guild myself.

Then just do that, nobody will force you to be in multiple guilds.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I usually have a lot of friends in games and if I can join their guilds just to see their chat and all that, it would be nice. Also I always like to have my pvp guild that I can share builds and ideas with 'cos those guys are always awesome at breaking things down.

This is not a game.

• mThree3mThree3 Member Posts: 60

Just because we have the option to be in multiple guilds doesn't mean you HAVE to. I don't see the problem to be honest. I mean what if one guild is PvE and one is PvP. Both would be great in their respected areas.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I tought it was the player account that could be member of more then one guild.... but also that you can log intoo every of those guilds with any of your characters.

Is there a server requirement for characters, accounts and guilds?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I tought it was the player account that could be member of more then one guild.... but also that you can log intoo every of those guilds with any of your characters.

Is there a server requirement for characters, accounts and guilds?

It's most likely by Account.

It shows account names I believe in the Guild list.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

I suppose the devil must be in the details. Can you create guilds which force certain admission criteria on members? Only certain races or not other guilds , for example  Everybody happy, that way. You dont like the system? join an exclusive guild and problem solved.