Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventurine Mini Documentary (awesome!)

2»

Comments

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by -Zeno-

200 players a second?  If the servers had not crashed... that would of sold as many as Shadowbane did in their first day.  300k copies or more.

The server didn't crash cause only a fixed amount of people were allowed to buy the game every day.

The online store was laggy as hell though as I remember it.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

For all its faults, i keep missing DF.  Well, DF, SWG and DnL...

Seems like Aventurine was trying really hard to do something great, they just couldnt pull it all together...  Hope DF2.0 works out for them!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

The next person to say that FFA PVP games are a EPeen measuring contest need to go wash the sand out of their Evag.

My clan just got back into Darkfall. It's a struggle that's for sure. A new player is nothign more than a punching bag for a veteran, but after 2 and a half months I can tell my character is getting there. Where I used to die in 3-4 hits it now takes them 8 or 9. Where I used to cause no damage I now take them down to half or so life. It is a struggle, but nothign that's worth it has ever been easy.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

The next person to say that FFA PVP games are a EPeen measuring contest need to go wash the sand out of their Evag.

My clan just got back into Darkfall. It's a struggle that's for sure. A new player is nothign more than a punching bag for a veteran, but after 2 and a half months I can tell my character is getting there. Where I used to die in 3-4 hits it now takes them 8 or 9. Where I used to cause no damage I now take them down to half or so life. It is a struggle, but nothign that's worth it has ever been easy.

I envy you the amount of your free time as it seems you are willing to waste it on something so insignificant like DF grindfest.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by wyrdaskolir

Nobody will ever understand how fking hard game programming is.. 

true.  if you haven't done it (or MAJOR complicated coding projects in general), you have NO idea how many complexiities there are to the seemingly most simple features.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Blindchance

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

I envy you the amount of your free time as it seems you are willing to waste it on something so insignificant like DF grindfest.

Ya sorry bros it's not WoW. You can't reach endgame in a week.You actually have to put in work to be good at this game. Yes free time is nice. Make some good inestments and maybe you can have the time to stay home, raise your kids, and play darkfall. 

By the way I have got my character up without any afk grinding. The new meditation system gets you up to a level that lets you compete in a fairly short amount of time.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"