Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying game..

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Wondering if it's worth buying? i heard a lot of negative feed back about this game, but just like every mmo i suppose..

Also is there a way i can purchase via download? similar to D2D?

Comments

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 210

Honestly, save yourself the disapointment. You can find much, much better things to do with ~$60 (IMO).

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55

I agree with the above poster.

I was level 50 in 2 weeks of casual play - I found it boring, nothing to really do except some instances/raids and repeatable missions that were tetious rather than fun and enjoying. Unless you're playing with a large group of people that can always get together to play - save money for something else.

• JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

It's really that bad huh ? :(

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Think it twice......

i didn´t even make it to level cap....bored to my bones before....

but hey! ...it´s all about tastes :/

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Wait few months. It's quite fun but require some base MMO features as of now. Unless you enjoy playing solo; Then go for it!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I'm going to say that honestly you should wait a year. By that time the nature of the game will be pretty well set. You will have more content, and the bugs/bad systems should be gone.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• LoopbackLoopback Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by ignore_me

I'm going to say that honestly you should wait a year. By that time the nature of the game will be pretty well set. You will have more content, and the bugs/bad systems should be gone.

Along with 95% of the playerbase =D

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Rule of thumb...

Never ever listen to anyones opinion on this site.  Everyone is a troll!

However, the opinions of others are more or less wrong.  I won't tell you if the game is good or not, but 60 dollars will give you more hours of entertainment in SW TOR than just about ANYWHERE else you could spend it.

Movies?  That'll get you 4-5 shows @ 90 minutes a show

Bar?  60 bucks will last you a night at best

Dinner out?  Unless you eat at McDonalds, 60 bucks might get you 2-3 meals

Skydriving?  Cost you way more for 1 trip

I think you get my point?  60 bucks will get you at least a week of solid gaming out of this title and thats more than you can expect from just about anything else. 

People are right about one thing, if you're looking for a world to spend the next 6 years in, this is not the game for you. 

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Isn't there a free trial on the website?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I was a massive SWTOR fanboy before launch and whilst I was levelling so I am far from a hater. 

I loved the story telling, and really enjoyed myself whilst levelling, but there wasnt anything to do at cap really. The Battlegrounds werent much cop and Ilum (high level open pvp) was a joke. 

After I levelled 3 characters I got bored - that took me 2 months. Unfortunately it really is more of a single player RPG with multiplayer bits added on. 

You can download it from http://store.origin.com

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by zareon

Wondering if it's worth buying? i heard a lot of negative feed back about this game, but just like every mmo i suppose..

Unless you are just bursting to play a new MMO I'd recommend giving the game a few more months so they can flesh out the bits that need work. (If they can, I've honestly lost any hope that they are capable.)

And unless things have changed you can onlty buy it D2D through EAs Origin online store.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I preordered Deluxe version 23hrs after preorder was announced (like 3 months before game). I enjoyed ~1 month of gameplay. I did not subscribe past the first month of release. Its fun, yeah. But its not an MMO. This shouldve been made a series of Singleplayer RPGs. It wouldve been the best.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Coming to these boards, asking for an opinion on that type of game?  You'll get mostly negative opinions.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Without trying to sound like a troll...(clears throat).

I am giving my honest opinion.  I was very excited about the game.  But I found myself hitting the space bar to cancel quest chatter so I could get things over with - because the storylines for me were boring and overdone.  There is no community to speak of, and I did try a few good rated RP servers (from various RP forums).  It's not condusive to that feel.  That may not matter to you.

The game felt like a solo ps3ish type deal.   The pvp was just mind numbing - Huttball, really? 

All of that in and of itself is not that bad if yo uaren't looking for an immersive thickly developed mmorpg experience like Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot. 

But man, I swear to god, personally, I was so bored.   Even in pvp the second faction (oh yeah 2 faction model, I mean when are they gonna figure out how limited that is?) was copy paste on both sides.  Take the name tags away and at 10 meters a sith and a jedi just look the same.  That's pretty boring and vanilla to say the least. 

Bored out of my mind.  I got to where I was just angry from running from one boring quest to another.  Fed ex and kill 10 of x beaten to death.  I know that's how games are these days but man, I'm just getting too old for this stuff.

My opinion.

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

Never even listen to anyones opinion on this website or others. This includes myself. Making a judgement based on someone's opinion is foolish at the least. Ppl on MMORPG.com will troll, bitch, complain, cry bloody murder. Let me put it this way. MMORPG.com list RIft as the number one game. This should tell you everything you need to know about this site.

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Go on Youtube, and check out the videos of it. 

Try metacritic.com and look at reviews of users. 

Go to the website and take a look around. 

If you still want it, and you're itching for an mmorpg to play you could do worse.  Plays very similar to WoW so if you like that you might enjoy Swtor, although I feel WoW is more polished (having been out close to a decade).   But what Im saying here is do a bit of looking around and see if you like what you see.  If so then buy it and enjoy it. 

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Wait a few months, take a look at whats around then decide.  Various new titles coming out that could be a lot more appealing that SWTOR.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

You can pick the game up for 40 ish bucks right now. Its worth the story and fun.  Dont listen to everyone on this forum its full of extremely negative people.   They used to bash star wars and praise guild wars 2 (to the point the game seemed near biblical saving the industry)   Now all the threads are hate about GW2.  

Formulate your opinion and dont base it off the cesspit of posters that populate this website. 

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

It's really that bad huh ? :(

No, it's not bad, I love the game.  Most of the people who are enjoying the game don't hang out in this forum.

At the very least it's worth playing for the first month.  The biggest complaints seem to be about how much content there is at end game but that's a personal thing.

• thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180

I log everyday to do daily quests then i'm done. We do EV and karaggas palace nightmare mode in one evening.... the rest of the time is very boring.

Hope you like playing alts.

• steusssteuss Member UncommonPosts: 130

Don't buy it. It is a collossal waste of money. You will be disappointed.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

ask someone for a Trial!  See for yourself, you'll be doing everyone a favor good and bad.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ThaFinestThaFinest Member Posts: 21
    I agree, with the positive posts about this game. While its not perfect, it has me going still. I've played WoW, Rift, DAoC, EQ 1-2, and this game is probably on the top 2 out of those games. Does it have it's bugs? Yes. But the people saying there is nothing to do, is quite funny. I dont play 100+ hours, I'm a 15-20 hr a week guy, and I still have yet to get everything in end game. I would agree though that the PvP is really lacking. I would say it deserves it's rating on this forum, but as people have pointed out. I only see negative criticism coming from this forum, to all games. Get your opinions from multiple sources an try it out.

Gaming Names -
    Xboxlive - ThafinestX
    PS3 - ThafinestX
    LoL - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    SW:TOR - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    DAoC - Sebestian

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Is a great game, and it will be better after the 1.2 update. mmorpg is full of hater and gw2 fanboys, so this is not a good place to ask for advice.

• goldiewilsongoldiewilson Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by hikaru77

Is a great game, and it will be better after the 1.2 update. mmorpg is full of hater and gw2 fanboys, so this is not a good place to ask for advice.

LOL this is not a great game, don't listen to the fanboys zareon they would play ANY star wars game and say it was the second coming of Christ. At Best get a trial key, but don't get stuck in an actual account with EA games, chances are once you hit level 30 you will already be bored with the game. Also most of the GW2 fans are one the GW2 Guru site so thats another lie, this site was filled, I mean filled with angry pro SWTOR fanboys who were bashing every game on this forum, until their game actually came out they realized it sucked and abandoned ship, the only ones left are the most dedicated victims of brainwashing.

This game gets negative feedback for a reason, its not coming from websites, its coming from players.

Great game my ass.