Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Livestream Community Q&A -- Give Us Your Questions!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

With Aion's F2P launch and update 3.0 on the horizon, MMORPG.com has partnered with NCsoft to put together a livestreamed community Q&A where we hope to get answers to all your burning questions!

If you've got a couple of questions for the development team on the recently announced C.U.B.E, the Atreian Atlas, or anything else related to update 3.0 and the Truly Free business model, be sure to post them in the comments below! We'll be accepting questions between now and Tuesday, April 3rd.

The livestream will take place on April 11th. We'll have more specifics as we get closer to the event.

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I am a former subscriber. I subscribed to Aion on two separate occasions in the past. I also spent money on the cash shop for cosmetic changes primarily when I was subscribed so I don't mind spending money on cash shop items for fluff items or items that may help you level faster ie. xp potions and the like. I support NC Soft and have played other NC Soft games including GW. I have also spent money on the GW cash shop for fluff items. Cash shops don't generally scare me.

I am really looking forward to going back to Aion Truly Free. My concern along with a lot of other people's concerns is if the Truly Free Cash Shop will have items that will give other players the advantage in PvP? In otherwords, will there be P2W items in the cash shop giving people advantage in PvP, or only the fluff items as mentioned before similar to how GW cash shop was setup.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Just look at Lineage 2 truly free 2play model. 

Since L2 went f2p its heavy infested with bots. There is lik 1 Admin for the whole game.

The bundles they sold in the L2 store have enchantment items, that gives a clear advantage in pvp. Clans upgraded theyr wapons to +15 and armor to +6-9.

You can expect the same in Aion truly free. or should i say truly bullshit.

Give the game 1 month and you will see pay 2 win items in shop. and dont belive what NC Soft says about *there is only cosmetic" , NO, the truth is, the game reached its lowest peak and going for fully pay to win.

Truly free means= truly pay to win=truly bot infested= truly low support

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

WILL RIFT BE FIX IN F2P?? OR IT WILL STAY NERF?

• RavijRavij Member Posts: 4

1. What kind of materials will be used in the new crafting profession? Will Balaur Materials be used?

2. What will essencetapping be like in Sarpan? Will it be all new materials or the same ones we have in Inggision and Gelkmaros? How will you prevent both factions from trying to steal gathering nodes from eachother?

3. In a recent producer interview; it was said that there will be no level restrictions for visiting places. Does this mean as a level 60 Asmodian, I will be able to rift into Heiron again? Also, does this mean we will see level thirties in places like Gelkmaros (Just to take in the sites of course!)?

4. In 3.0 or future patches of the third expansion; will Alchemists get the ability to transform level 60 manstones into level 70 manastones?

5. In 3.0 or future expansions; Will there ever be a completion of the voice overs that the player characters have lines for? As it stands, the Ascension quest for Asmodian's still do not have the proper voice overs for the selected voice we chose and a bunch of the emotes introduced in 2.0 and later still have their original Korean Voice Actors. If it's that difficult to keep bringing back the original voice actors for the NA player characters; why not just get new ones? It makes the game look extremely tacky.

6. When the FTP and 3.0 roll around to the NA Servers; will we be getting the 3.1 update that Korea recently got? Or will that still be in translation and released at a later date?

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

1) Are you planning to give European players who you "sold them out" to a company which is NOT capable of running a game like Aion, something in exchange if they want to play in the NcSoft version of F2P?

2) How many new servers will be there at the re-launch of Aion? Do you take into consideration to change the Dregion,Sieges,etc times,on at least 1 server, to fits with the European Players?

3) As a European player, I will think twice from now on, if I want to buy a new game from NcSoft or not. You sold the Lineage 2 rights to Innova , you sold the Aion rights to GameForge, 2 companys which is not capable of running those games like you. Question is , why didn't NcSoft used the UK office to hold and manage the two games? Would you sold the rights to , let's say Lineage Ethernal too if it will go F2P? I don't want an answer to the last question, I just want you to promise us that no matter what happen with your game(s), you even keep us ( the European players ) as you keep the US players till the end , or just publish your games in the US only from the begining! In this way we will know which company will "destroy" or "love" us , Europeans, before the game will go live! This means choices you know? Choices of choosing. Choices which we didn't had , when you sold us to GF.

Ok, enough with the drama :) I know Ncsoft will not answer the "numero" 3 question(s) , but I am pretty sure that someone from Ncsoft will read this thread since is about their game, and maybe take into consideration what i've been saying :)

Note to 1) : A thank you gift, like a custom title "The European" or such :) Use your imagination , I am sure you have like alot :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

some of us have remaining game time, and even unused time cards. Will there be a reimbursement or conversion into cash shop funds for people with extra purchased time?

5. In 3.0 or future expansions; Will there ever be a completion of the voice overs that the player characters have lines for? As it stands, the Ascension quest for Asmodian's still do not have the proper voice overs for the selected voice we chose and a bunch of the emotes introduced in 2.0 and later still have their original Korean Voice Actors. If it's that difficult to keep bringing back the original voice actors for the NA player characters; why not just get new ones? It makes the game look extremely tacky.

6. Will we be seeing 3.1 when Ascension goes live on NA Servers? Or will that be released at a later date?

• pois0nedpois0ned Member UncommonPosts: 10

1) will be a "brand new server" in april 11th at same time with 3.0 update?

2) If your answers is a NO, then when we will got new servers to play?

3) new servers will accept character tranfers ? ( I HOPE A BIG NO)

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

* Do you still have to sell all your time on this Earth, and even some after you die, in order to have a geared out character?

* Is getting this gear still so heavily RNGed based?

* Do Godstone procs still solely determine the outcome in PvP, when all else is considered reasonably equal (gear/skill)?

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Any plan to release pve servers?

RIP Orc Choppa

• ArxaiologArxaiolog Member Posts: 13

Guyz Guyz aion is all ready f2p and not p2w atm! Just go to http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/

Atm pets/xp at at cash shop! and question's is about 3.0!! not free to play model!

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/featuresdetails/ is free to play model

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Arxaiolog

Guyz Guyz aion is all ready f2p and not p2w atm! Just go to http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/

Atm pets/xp at at cash shop! and question's is about 3.0!! not free to play model!

This is not how Aion should be played! GameForge is all but not a proffesional company. Days of cooldown for some instanced? Even for veteran players who spend months(years) to play the game when it belong to NcSoft ? Now they are limited? They still didn't fixed the Veteran Rewards after 2 months. So no , EU version of F2P sucks. I will wait for NcSoft version of F2P if they will somehow "welcome back" European players.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by Arxaiolog

This is not how Aion should be played! GameForge is all but not a proffesional company. Days of cooldown for some instanced? Even for veteran players who spend months(years) to play the game when it belong to NcSoft ? Now they are limited? They still didn't fixed the Veteran Rewards after 2 months. So no , EU version of F2P sucks. I will wait for NcSoft version of F2P if they will somehow "welcome back" European players.

Yea I just looked the features, more like a trial than a f2p, maybe the us will be better

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The reason I unsubscribed from this game from the first palce was their Cash Shop was too expensive, and just felt like a big scam...

I am looking foward to checking it out once it goes F2P, however as a paying member, am I going to get access to everything this game has to offer, such as Unlimited Character Customizations, or custom animations without having to spend a lot of NC Coins and such.

Different subscription packages should offer certain things like unlimited customizations until the subscription expires for all characters on the account, and higher packages offer more like free costumes for 30 days etc.

Will there be a lot of multihack users when the game goes F2P as there was when I was a subscriber using invisibility hacks to detect invisible scouts/rogues.

And last but not  will my account be hacked just like my Lineage 2 account did, with Zero customer support/GM's who would not restore any of my gear or anything. Only time will tell because NCsoft already showed their customer service as a subscriber to Lineage 2 since like 2005, and returning to the game on and off since then but I quit that game forever now.

Those are my questions and I am serious if NCsoft cant offer any good subscription packages within my reason, I am not paying for their game period, I would rather play Tera than Aion anyways if they are going to do what they did to Lineage 2 where they added all these mounts which are not for all characters, and all this other stuff to the game that totally killed it in my opinion.

For example why couldn't they just let you buy a mount 30x days $8 USD, it gets mailed to all characters on the account, or palced in all inventories exact same expiration date u can use it on all your characters fast simple and fun, but again they create way too many hastles for players and NCsoft isn't looking like a great company.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

1. Are there any plans for a roleplaying server?

2. What F2P model are you currently looking at? I really like Lord of the Rings Online's model and I hear Lineage II has a good one. Would you please look at those two before you make a decision?

• masterpitermasterpiter Member Posts: 5

I have more fun playing Tetris then Aion, srsly

Originally posted by bigsmiff

1. Are there any plans for a roleplaying server?

2. What F2P model are you currently looking at? I really like Lord of the Rings Online's model and I hear Lineage II has a good one. Would you please look at those two before you make a decision?

They're using the Lineage II Model; I don't know why people keep asking questions that have already been answered..

Originally posted by pois0ned

1) will be a "brand new server" in april 11th at same time with 3.0 update?

2) If your answers is a NO, then when we will got new servers to play?

3) new servers will accept character tranfers ? ( I HOPE A BIG NO)

They have already stated that if the servers become overloaded with returning players that they will be making new servers to accomidate.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Returned to the eu version of this with Gameforge picking up the reins. Having been a subscriber I'm fortunate to have veteran status, but the eu ftp version is very restrictive for people who just have the starter status. It more or less forces them to buy the monthly goldpack, which is just another way of having to pay a sub.

Reading in chat, I see quite a few eu players are going to give the na version a go because of the restriction levels.

EU players have asked the same questions that people have posted on here:

Gameforge's answer to server transfers: They said these will be happening in the future with the following restrictions:

old server to old server, new server to new server. But not old server to new server which makes sense.

RNG is still there, and is still one of the main player exiting features. Levelling and gear progression has been improved significantly from the way it used to be.

The player base seems to be a mix of a few returnees like myself just giving it a go until GW2/Tera comes along, people from private servers, and some new players. 

Unfortunately, I can see exactly the same pattern of  player frustrations with some of the games features that drove people away following original launch.

It's not a game you can play casually as you'll soon fall behind the average level of players. Then you're just an easy target for the opposite faction. And no, there are not any pve servers in the west. I've heard that there is one in the Korean version upto lvl 46 - not sure about this though.