Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Kitty a unique casual experience (US - Ehmry Bay)

Bad Kitty is a place for people that just want to play Guild Wars 2 casually without all the usual guild red tape. We are a husband/wife duo just looking to have fun with other like-minded people. We have only one rule and that is.. don't be a jerk. We prefer that applicants be 16+

What we do different:

No egotistical, power-wielding guild leaders/officers. Everyone is treated with the same value and importance.
No code of conduct filled with military ranks and a wall of rules.
No mandatory attendance to anything.
Be yourself without any pressure to represent the guild's ethics and values.
Profanity is acceptable. There are times when frustration/humor require freedom of speech.

If you seek a guild that simply lets you be yourself, and play the way you want but have group support, then please apply.

Comments

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

+1

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Your guild seems to be nice, though a friend already offered me to join hers instead so I'm already tied.

The "preferably 16+" part sounds a bit mean though.  I always enjoyed having a good conversation with kids and teenagers. Smart kids remind me why I want to become a teacher again.

Harbinger of Fools
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Kids can be fun but the older I get the older talking to them makes me feel, and I am only 24.  :-/

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• kamenriderkamenrider Member Posts: 41

The 16+ is only due to profanity being ok.  We want people to be themselves so they can enjoy the game and not worry about guild expectations.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Originally posted by kamenrider

The 16+ is only due to profanity being ok.  We want people to be themselves so they can enjoy the game and not worry about guild expectations.

Ah yeah that makes sense of course.

Harbinger of Fools
  • RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Do you guys have or plan on having Vent or Team Speak?

Originally posted by zigmund

Do you guys have or plan on having Vent or Team Speak?

Using Mumble currently.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

kool, Ill check you guys out! What time zone are you guys in?

Originally posted by Kuppa

kool, Ill check you guys out! What time zone are you guys in?

Pacific but anyone is welcome.

Still recruiting so check us out.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

My partner and I just applied. We're in CST Central time zone, but our last guild was Pacific so we're used to the time difference. Anxious to hear back from you. I've been looking at a few guilds, but yours is the only one I felt serious enough about to actually apply. We're kind of old hippies, so the free and open kind of thing really appeals to us.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

My partner and I just applied. We're in CST Central time zone, but our last guild was Pacific so we're used to the time difference. Anxious to hear back from you. I've been looking at a few guilds, but yours is the only one I felt serious enough about to actually apply. We're kind of old hippies, so the free and open kind of thing really appeals to us.

Thank you very much for giving us a try!

We are a bit older ourselves but still enjoy video games.  I think we just got tired of over-the-top structure and wanted to be truly free to enjoy the game without people telling us how to play, how to act, and how we must represent the guild.   Feel like soloing alone? perfectly fine.  Don't feel like saying hello or talking to anyone because you had a bad day? perfectly fine.  We will laugh, may even cry lol but most of all, we will be ourselves always and enjoy social interaction on our own individual terms.

Originally posted by just1opinion

Thank you very much for giving us a try!

We are a bit older ourselves but still enjoy video games.  I think we just got tired of over-the-top structure and wanted to be truly free to enjoy the game without people telling us how to play, how to act, and how we must represent the guild.   Feel like soloing alone? perfectly fine.  Don't feel like saying hello or talking to anyone because you had a bad day? perfectly fine.  We will laugh, may even cry lol but most of all, we will be ourselves always and enjoy social interaction on our own individual terms.

Yup, other than Mumble, it's a match made in heaven for us. LOL  ;)  Not sure what we're going to do with the Mumble thing.  It locks up tighter than a drum on my brand new PC.  I've had both Ventrilo and Google Talk running fine on here, but I can't even get through the set up on Mumble.  It doesn't recognize my headset and eventually just freezes, you know "not responding"....ugh.

Anywhoozle....we're 48 and 50 and very much into games.  We're big explorers, so you'll usually find us somewhere getting into trouble or roaming off into areas we shouldn't be in at our level or something. lol  But we have loads of fun!

We will be using Ventrilo.  Mumble was free with the website so it will serve as backup.  I'm 40ish myself.   =)

We will be using Ventrilo.  Mumble was free with the website so it will serve as backup.  I'm 40ish myself.   =)

YAY!!!!

Join up for the upcoming beta weekend!

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I applied. Just so whenever I login I can go MREOW and RP as a furry.

Originally posted by Zaltark

I applied. Just so whenever I login I can go MREOW and RP as a furry.

Welcome!  I'm going to rp a human that doesn't hate charr.. atleast not that much lol

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

I just applied and am looking forward to joining your guild. It sounds like my cup of tea.

Welcome aboard glad to have you!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Bad Kitty is a place for people that just want to play Guild Wars 2 casually without all the usual guild red tape. We are a husband/wife duo just looking to have fun with other like-minded people. We have only one rule and that is.. don't be a jerk. We prefer that applicants be 16+

What we do different:

No egotistical, power-wielding guild leaders/officers. Everyone is treated with the same value and importance.

No code of conduct filled with military ranks and a wall of rules.

No mandatory attendance to anything.

Be yourself without any pressure to represent the guild's ethics and values.

Profanity is acceptable. There are times when frustration/humor require freedom of speech.

If you seek a guild that simply lets you be yourself, and play the way you want but have group support, then please apply.

Once you got to the acceptable profanity....I stopped reading.

You replied to say you didn't read the last sentence?  Sorry a bit confused to the intent of your post.

• BlitzwulfBlitzwulf Member Posts: 2

I applied to Bad Kitty about 5 days ago as "Imperion", but I never heard anything back.  Was I rejected or are there delays?  Maybe an error on my part?  I've been checking my filtered email and I still can't find anything.  I'd really like some info, if possible, because the description of your guild is exactly what I'm looking for.

Originally posted by Blitzwulf

I applied to Bad Kitty about 5 days ago as "Imperion", but I never heard anything back.  Was I rejected or are there delays?  Maybe an error on my part?  I've been checking my filtered email and I still can't find anything.  I'd really like some info, if possible, because the description of your guild is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry about that, not sure what the problem was, could be spam filtered.  I sent you an email with the join link to the email address you provided in the application.  If you still have a problem please let me know here.  The only way you will get rejected is if you are under the age of 16 or you are unwilling to attempt to get along with others. 

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED, profanity is not encouraged it is simply acceptable in situations where one needs to express themselves.  I do not use it myself and so far, no one on our forums have used profanity.  We do not condone vulgar material period.  Could you hear the F bomb dropped after someone dies? Sure.  Do we enjoy hearing it constantly? Ofcourse not.  

• BlitzwulfBlitzwulf Member Posts: 2

Bam, I got it.  Thank you!