Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everybody dance now! But... by profession or race?

Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

So, another more light-hearted thread.

I don't feel like getting into anything too serious considering the threads we've had around here, lately. I think it would do us all some good to ponder on something a little more silly.

So, are you hoping that dances in Guild Wars 2 will be defined by profession or race?

I'm of two minds.

On the race side of things, I could see the Charr getting a Cossack dance, which would be incredibly entertaining.

But on the profession side of things, I could see the Engineer doing the robot, which would also be funny.

Decisions, decisions...

What do you think?

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I'd prefer "both", but as a realist, "race" is just about the only option.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I would love it if it were by race/profession/sex

but that would mean 80 different dances

I imagine it will be by race and sex

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Havn't seen any indication of dancing being available anywhere? Did I miss a blog about that or something?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Originally posted by Vannor

Havn't seen any indication of dancing being available anywhere? Did I miss a blog about that or something?

That would be a pretty big omission if they didn't include dances. I mean GW was known for the syncronized dance parties. I would be very surprised if they weren't in GW2.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Originally posted by Vannor

That would be a pretty big omission if they didn't include dances. I mean GW was known for the syncronized dance parties. I would be very surprised if they weren't in GW2.

I feel the same way, I was just trying to find out if I'd missed any details on emotes :)

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Dancing is for girls.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

'both'. I'm betting it will probably only be by race, though. And I highly doubt they won't have dancing in this game. It's just not that hard to implement, and I"m sure they have a few staff animators just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs.

Originally posted by Yamota

Dancing is for girls.

You don't like girls?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Yamota

Dancing is for girls.

I agree.

Only female characters should get a dance emote. All males should just get one that slips bills into their g-strings.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture