Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome scenery

LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

So many of the beta videos focus on combat or other game systems, but what excite me the most about the game is the big, beautiful and immersive world. So here are a couple of videos which focus on that. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsOwim1uCp8&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EthBosPEjLM&feature=channel

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

thanks good stuff

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

nice, I hadn't seen the second one. thank you

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Oop, I'd add that second one to my sig. But I don't want it getting too cluttered. >_>;

They're both really very good, though.

I'm an artistic person myself, I hang with arty people, and we're pretty much impressed by what ArenaNet has managed to do with their vistas.

Funny story... back in GW1, when I was playing it with one friend, I was the guy who "always found the most incredible cul-de-sacs." Because I was an explorer back then. Even in GW1 there were these views that were just awe-inspiring.

GW2 is no different. ArenaNet really value art, that makes me happy.

But then, hey, they're an arthouse developer! Not surprising.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

First vid 1:48....daammmmnnn

Edit: Even if ALL the features suck, the scenery alone will be worth the box price lol.

Uhh... what?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Do you guys really like this? did you even do a pixel and a traingle count?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yeah, i really like the scenery in the game.

er....what?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Come again? Is that some sort of test?

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

all I have to say is make sure you max the quality when you watch it, looks great from here.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

my exploreres heart starts beating twice as fast when i see this :)

that being said, i hope there wont be TOO many invis. walls like in Aion for example =/

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Very beautiful indeed. And considering that the game is not showcased in max quality yet, it'll only get better.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Looks awesome. Wish he jumped into the water in the town at the end of the first vid. Would be nice to show that the exploring doesn't end at the waterline.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

That second video on 1080p just blows away anything I have seen in a previous game. You look at those shots and at first think the what you are seeing is background artwork off in teh distance until I start looking closely and realize its not. Those are areas that I and others have been to in beta but the zones are so massive that the stuff in the far background just looks like artwork until you approach it and realize its not artwork its just more of the world.

Also there are whole hidden areas in almost every zone that cannot be reached without a little wall walking and zone exploration. So you think you have found the zone wall, oh wait there appears to be a climable path here. Jump Jump Jump whats this? a Hidden area... Super cool.....

Yeah I am so ready for this game.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

That second video on 1080p just blows away anything I have seen in a previous game. You look at those shots and at first think the what you are seeing is background artwork off in teh distance until I start looking closely and realize its not. Those are areas that I and others have been to in beta but the zones are so massive that the stuff in the far background just looks like artwork until you approach it and realize its not artwork its just more of the world.

Also there are whole hidden areas in almost every zone that cannot be reached without a little wall walking and zone exploration. So you think you have found the zone wall, oh wait there appears to be a climable path here. Jump Jump Jump whats this? a Hidden area... Super cool.....

Yeah I am so ready for this game.

Yeah it looks awesome but then again ArcheAge actually looks better imo.Have no doubt  GW2 is right up their with the best of them though.

AA

VG

GW2

LOTRO

All these games have outstanding scenery,the only thing that lets GW2 down is it will have zoning and i suspect mountains and invis walls you cant cross.

Cities in GW2 are the best yet though.

Kind of like this vid of The River valley,you think it's jjust a mountain range but as you get over the peak it's actually a hidden valley,GW2 has these types of supprises.

Watch in 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFrW_dQRPM

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

They seem allright. I wouldn't say i was blown away but definitely better than videos i have seen from latest beta press release. Textures still look low rez  Maybe it is a beta thing maybe not.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Well, it's 2.073.600 pixels, that's fine by me. You'll have to specify which frame you want me to count the triangles in, as that obviously changes all the time.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Naqaj

Well, it's 2.073.600 pixels, that's fine by me. You'll have to specify which frame you want me to count the triangles in, as that obviously changes all the time.

<smiles> yes i do love the graphics, and the scenery.

I was just trying to explain why other people might not like it as they have a totally different preception of graphics.... they don't look for the artistic style, they only look at the realisme and how close it comes to the real world. Which is an acceptable point of view.

With my comment i tried to show these peoples view, they are totally not interested of the artistic vallue. But only in realisme which requires as much pixels polygons and triangles to build.

GW2 has the best artistic style of any MMO, i have ever seen.....   But i am still not convinced it has the best graphics.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

I should have put a smiley there, wasn't meant as a critique towards your point.