Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranger or Sorcerer?

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Which is easier to play do you think?

Comments

• Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

Ranger is very very new player friendly. You can do very well with a ranger, and be a 'clicker' for instance. Someone who moves with the  a,w, and d buttons, while clicking their abilities. Just an example, I wouldnt recommend being a clicker though haha.

Sorc is going to be tougher to play when 3.0 hits, theres a new stat that basically cancels magic power. So while certainly still being a great class, you will have other classes countering your spells a bit easier.

In my opinion though, Sorc is a hell of a lot of fun. If your a more advanced player, I would recommend Sorc.

Hell roll both to level ten to try em out. Its very easy to level these days in AION

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• mmogardenmmogarden Member Posts: 12

oh,that's why so many people asking me about the Ranger .^^

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by Marchosias31

Ranger is very very new player friendly. You can do very well with a ranger, and be a 'clicker' for instance. Someone who moves with the  a,w, and d buttons, while clicking their abilities. Just an example, I wouldnt recommend being a clicker though haha.

Sorc is going to be tougher to play when 3.0 hits, theres a new stat that basically cancels magic power. So while certainly still being a great class, you will have other classes countering your spells a bit easier.

In my opinion though, Sorc is a hell of a lot of fun. If your a more advanced player, I would recommend Sorc.

Hell roll both to level ten to try em out. Its very easy to level these days in AION

You got magic cancel all wrong.

While it does do what you state it will do, you have overlooked who will be getting the magic cancel stat.  Sorcs and Spirit masters (clothies) are going to have a whole boatload more MC than the other classes.  Its going to benefit sorcs making them tanky against magic attacks. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

ranger is a lot easier to level solo. you do almost as much damage as sorc but have more protection from leather armor. also ranger has quite a few abilities you can use while moving so it feels a much more "kiting" class. in pvp having the limited stealth is insanely fun. not only can you quickly hide and run away if you stumble appon enemies but it's pretty much the funnest ganking tool.

i'd definately say that for both PvE and PvP the ranger is the easiest class to play.

Sorc is fun, has lots of dps and some very cool spell effects. you also have some of the strongest instant cc in the game. however you are squishy as hell. you also have no stealth so in pvp you are target # 1 for pretty much everyone. they will seek you at and blow you up, especially if some of your cc are on cooldown. havig said all that twink sorc are teh only class that actually managed to 1 shot me. they hit hard as hell.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

I would vote for sorc. You gotta learn a few more keybinds but sorcs have high constant damage, lots of crowd control and can handle most situations easily. At higher levels you decide in between insane constant damage or insane suvivablity.

Rangers on the other hand have less usefull skills, random damage, aren't great at CC and are as squishy as sorcs.

In 3.0 sorcs will get a major boost and rangers a nerf.

LFG!