Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arche Age and a NA release date?

13»

Comments

• hurriedcorgihurriedcorgi Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Apraxis

Originally posted by waynejr2

Sure, UO did everything right.  People, don't let this guy blow smoke up your ...  UO at it's peak didn't have to complete with a hundred mmorpgs.

Yeap. And and you didnt have to pay nowadays 600$/month like back then without internet flatrate. And not 10 Millions of people playing games in and over the internet. All that is true, other times, other circumstances. And i never claimed UO was faultless, you can improve on everything, and nothing is perfect.

BUT, UO did a lot of things right, and a lot of those things have not done for a long time. And, my post was not about good or bad MMO designs, it was about Eastern and Western design, and that ArcheAge could be successful in the West, because they follow a design paradigm of an old Western Game. Thats it. And yes.. hundreds of quality mmos, i just ask myself why i didnt enjoyed one of them in the last five years. Well, maybe its just me, maybe not. ;)

Edit: And i didnt enjoy one Eastern MMO. You could even call me an Asian MMO hater. I just hate grinding, and those games were mostly about grinding, extensive grinding. But nevertheless i am interested in ArcheAge, why could it be?

I agree with you 100%. The original UO was the best mmo to date - look through the forums these days: all you see is people asking for this game again. Even people that don't know what it is are describing it almost to the 'T' in the LFGame section. Look at all the people begging for a "sandbox" mmo. Beyond that, the fact of the matter is and I'm saying this as nicely as possible, most of the posts I've seen on here about the 'markets' are anecdotal at best. I'm no expert on the publishing of video games but I LOVE the idea of mmo's - even if they all have blown since the original UO - and I am finishing my second degree in finance (so I spend most of my time studying markets worldwide covering many different topics within them) and when it comes to profit margin for video game publishers there is really only one market that is considered the staple: the US market. After that is the Euro zone and then Asia. 

The fact is until China, Thailand, Taiwan, and other countries in that area manage to convert their own economies to a consumption driven growth model - as an aside, the rest of the world better hope they don't successfully pull this off or it's going to start costing a lot more for your t-shirts - the major money for these companies is still coming from the US/Eurozone. In fact, it wouldn't really surprise me to find out that if Tencent (I believe that is the Chinese publisher) believes the game will be a major success that they will publish in the US and anywhere else they can. 

As I said above: I have not studied the international video game market closely but it doesn't take long on google to find out what the biggest market for video games is currently. Of course, their idea might be to focus on the fastest growing economies on Earth. I don't think that is a bad plan but in the grand scheme of things I would hardly say the finance people behind these companies (assuming they are going for a AAA title) are going to blatantly disregard what is (right now) the biggest market for these games. Then again, not everyone is looking to build the next international blockbuster hit so we may never see it outside Asian markets. They may just want to cater to that side of the globe and that is it - there is nothing wrong with that if they believe that fits more with their design for the game and the direction they want to go with their company.

Anyway, I'm just rambling a long at this point because I'm exhausted from studying and I'm sure the nonlinear logic of the above post is probably difficult to follow at best. Just some thoughts on the thread because it is one I am particularly interested in because I /really/ would like to play Archeage SOON.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Originally posted by Sourajit

Originally posted by salenger

I have been following this game for two years and there has been no information at all, in  regards to the north american release date..Im begining to wonder if AA will turn into one of these titles that will get release in Asia, and 2-3 years later we see a English NA version of the game.  It is annoying that we on a daily basis see screens from the Beta but still years after it was announced for an NA version have heard very little about its release.  2012 is the asian release and news on NA or opinions on when we could see it?

I have a feeling that if Arche Age doesnt hit the NA market before q2/3 2013 then its bound to fail with the amount of sandbox games that are due out within the next 1-2 years.

Heres to hoping we get some information on the NA version sooner than later.

It will not fail.

The asian market and it's population is a better mmo business land than only NA. I myself am from India and the amount of players switching to mmo these days is very high. If you google the population of India alone you will find a mere 10% of one of this asian country is a few times of entire NA.

They are actually making a smart move of making a good game release where the player base is ever growing and increasing  and in course of time will over take NA by leaps and bounds. 

If I am into selling something, it is better to sale where there are lot of buyers than sell where the number of potential customers are limited in number.

Ummmm.not sure where you get your numbers from sir but America alone has over 300m people.  Mexico has 115m.  North America has 25% of the people of Asia.  10% of Indias population would be 122m.  Hardly the "few times of the entire NA" BS you spouted.  Trust me, you can keep all the people for all I care.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by Letsinod

Originally posted by Sourajit

Originally posted by salenger

I have been following this game for two years and there has been no information at all, in  regards to the north american release date..Im begining to wonder if AA will turn into one of these titles that will get release in Asia, and 2-3 years later we see a English NA version of the game.  It is annoying that we on a daily basis see screens from the Beta but still years after it was announced for an NA version have heard very little about its release.  2012 is the asian release and news on NA or opinions on when we could see it?

I have a feeling that if Arche Age doesnt hit the NA market before q2/3 2013 then its bound to fail with the amount of sandbox games that are due out within the next 1-2 years.

Heres to hoping we get some information on the NA version sooner than later.

It will not fail.

The asian market and it's population is a better mmo business land than only NA. I myself am from India and the amount of players switching to mmo these days is very high. If you google the population of India alone you will find a mere 10% of one of this asian country is a few times of entire NA.

They are actually making a smart move of making a good game release where the player base is ever growing and increasing  and in course of time will over take NA by leaps and bounds. 

If I am into selling something, it is better to sale where there are lot of buyers than sell where the number of potential customers are limited in number.

Ummmm.not sure where you get your numbers from sir but America alone has over 300m people.  Mexico has 115m.  North America has 25% of the people of Asia.  10% of Indias population would be 122m.  Hardly the "few times of the entire NA" BS you spouted.  Trust me, you can keep all the people for all I care.

I am wrong there.

I wanted to mention the growing number of new gamers in the mmo genre.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by William12

Name ONE game that worked in NA that was released in the east first ?

Final Fantasy XI.

• Rico476Rico476 Member Posts: 1

WoW did live up to its hype. It is just getting to be an old game now and like most old mmorpgs it loses it touch and novelty. 

Honestly I think Archage has just waited way too long. It started in Korea over a year and a half ago. I WAS excited about this game; but its been so long and there are a lot of other mmorgps now in development too I just don't care anymore.  

And really whats up with having even a russian and chinese version of the game but nothing in English or for the EU? I don't even want to play a game that clearly doesn't care about gamers from our region. Screw that side-ways. There are games that will be newer and better soon that aren't clearly so apathetic to any market that isn't asian.

Btw FFXI was out in NA 1 year after release in Japan, year and 1/2 for archage and no clue about any release date. And this game doesn't even sound as amazing as it did 2 years ago. Rot in Asia Archage.  

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by Rico476

WoW did live up to its hype. It is just getting to be an old game now and like most old mmorpgs it loses it touch and novelty. 

Honestly I think Archage has just waited way too long. It started in Korea over a year and a half ago. I WAS excited about this game; but its been so long and there are a lot of other mmorgps now in development too I just don't care anymore.  

And really whats up with having even a russian and chinese version of the game but nothing in English or for the EU? I don't even want to play a game that clearly doesn't care about gamers from our region. Screw that side-ways. There are games that will be newer and better soon that aren't clearly so apathetic to any market that isn't asian.

Btw FFXI was out in NA 1 year after release in Japan, year and 1/2 for archage and no clue about any release date. And this game doesn't even sound as amazing as it did 2 years ago. Rot in Asia Archage.  

A Bile Filled First Post. Nice..I'm glad you won't be in the same game as me!

For w/e reason it took a while to get here, I'm going to play it.  Too bad its full of quests which sucks, but oh well I think crafting exp is faster.  I just wish they didn't have quests. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

I think one of the reasons its taking longer then expected is that XLGames is working on 3 versions of Archeage.

Korean - Russian - NA/EU

They are working on 3 diffrent clients + updating their own client wich is taking huge amounts of recources.

Even tough it takes this long i still find this mmo to be unique and worth the wait especialy if i look in to not so far away future where the game realy adds more sandbox features.

Launch is comming, they wont say its that close due to selling tons and tons of founder packs before and after each beta.

Its selling very well so Trion keeps the date in the dark for as long as posible.

But on the live stream we heared Trion saying CB3-->CB4-->OB-->then you can gues Early Acces and Launch.

Steam revealed not to long ago 16 september and that might not to far off :)

I gues 19 September for early acces and 23 september for launch.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

This thread is over two years old so most of it's contents are completely irrelevant now.

However, I would point out that Scapes has said the date Steam shows is irrelevant. The only release date that will count is when Trion themselves announce one. They haven't announced anything other than they're aiming for later this year. There is CBE3 this week, CBE4 some time after that when they will be introducing French and German versions. Possibly more closed betas after that and finally an open beta before release.

It's highly unlikely to be ready in September. Most people are guessing October/November time.