Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceled My Sub (Another Whiney post)

1235»

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Now this is why sandbox fans should stay the fuck away from themepark MMO's, especially the hardcore SGW fanboi vets. I mean, put hardcore sandbox fans in themepark MMO's and it's guaranteed that you get a lot of them whining to high heavens, 'why oh why am I not enjoying myself even if I know it's a totally different kind of game that hasn't the sandbox features that I like in MMO's'. Ehm, they're themepark MMO's: shouldn't hardcore sandbox fans have already figured out what elements they like in MMO's and what it does to their gaming fun if those elements are lacking? Seriously -_-

The funny thing is this is essentially meta-whining disguised as RAWR!!

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by smh_alot

Now this is why sandbox fans should stay the fuck away from themepark MMO's, especially the hardcore SGW fanboi vets. I mean, put hardcore sandbox fans in themepark MMO's and it's guaranteed that you get a lot of them whining to high heavens, 'why oh why am I not enjoying myself even if I know it's a totally different kind of game that hasn't the sandbox features that I like in MMO's'. Ehm, they're themepark MMO's: shouldn't hardcore sandbox fans have already figured out what elements they like in MMO's and what it does to their gaming fun if those elements are lacking? Seriously -_-

I love themeparks and have never really enjoyed any sandbox MMO. I have spent most of the last eight years playing themepark MMOs and enjoying myself immensely.

If I wrote a whiny post about SW:TOR, it would be almost identical to the post that started this thread, up until the final "This will be the last themepark MMO I will ever play again" paragraph.

SW:TOR is an extremely poor themepark. Extremely poor. You don't need to be a sandbox zealot to find it massively disappointing.

I have to agree with this. edit....deleted a bunch of mumbo jumbo garbage I typed here.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

I actually stopped reading after the OP claimed that SWTOR was a blatant ripoff of WoW, while Rift brought something new to the table.  That alone proved to me he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.  There isn't a more blatant ripoff of the WoW model than Rift.  

Hey now Theres no need to be rude, start swearing at me and then go on a wild tamtrum because someone has a differn't opinion then you do. Your older then me and sound like a 8 year old. Grow up. As i Stated in my post "it's not meant to offend anyone. I'm just stating an opinion" in the mature world most of us adults learn in highschool to have intellectual discussions and disagreements with one another without insulting each other. Although there are some that never seem to get to that point in their development.

FYI rift did adding something new to the table. The dynamic events are unusual in MMO's though ironic enough I agree Rift didnt just feel like a clone it felt like logging onto WoW. Just as SWTOR felt like I was logging into WoW. You may not agree but I'm ok with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Geesh

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

wow i didnt know this thread was going to get so much attention. 10 pages now :D

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by trash656

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

I actually stopped reading after the OP claimed that SWTOR was a blatant ripoff of WoW, while Rift brought something new to the table.  That alone proved to me he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.  There isn't a more blatant ripoff of the WoW model than Rift.  

Hey now Theres no need to be rude, start swearing at me and then go on a wild tamtrum because someone has a differn't opinion then you do. Your older then me and sound like a 8 year old. Grow up. As i Stated in my post "it's not meant to offend anyone. I'm just stating an opinion" in the mature world most of us adults learn in highschool to have intellectual discussions and disagreements with one another without insulting each other. Although there are some that never seem to get to that point in their development.

FYI rift did adding something new to the table. The dynamic events are unusual in MMO's though ironic enough I agree Rift didnt just feel like a clone it felt like logging onto WoW. Just as SWTOR felt like I was logging into WoW. You may not agree but I'm ok with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Geesh

I gotta agree with him. How can one call SWTOR wow clone and then praise Rift for bringing something new to table in same post? Rift is the safest MMO tailor made by businessman to cash on WOW's popularity. it is a perfect WOW clone. Even more perfect than SWTOR can ever be.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Well i too played for 3 months. I did enjoy it.  The endgame was dissapointing. Was really pumped for ilum and well...even before they made it obsolete favoring warzones it was too laggy to even enjoy.

Agree with the pve endgame....dreadfully boring and easy.

I disagree with the rift comparison, saying they brought something new to the table with dynamic events shows your mmorpg noobness (no offense) i remember dynamic alien invasion in anarchy online, not sure the exact date they brought that xpac out but the game launched in 2001...nothing new with dynamic events, at all... I will agree rifts PVE endgame was at least challanging and entertaining, untill they started the dumb downs, on top of that 5% of that games community wasnt in queue for pvp and there wasnt enought people to raid constantly.

This is why i like P2P games though.  I could have bought a counsol game for $50 played a week then finished it, or get tired of it.  I paid $50 here played for 3 months paying $30 extra in sub fees.  I didnt dislike what i did play, i just disliked the end.  Rerolled a few characters and the class stories were good, side content got repeataive towards the end however.

Thought the voice overs and cutscenes were good but not nearly worth the money spent developing and paying actors.

It really was a great 1-50 solo experience with some fun in huttball, probably the most fun ive had in an instance pvp CTF.  Problem was i was at 50 with two character and still queuing and hoping for huttball, nothing else, all the other instanced pvp was lame and the raids were hard to get into and not worth it in entertainment value.  Figured i got my moneys worth and moved on.

Im not one of these kids who gets mad when a game turns out not to hold my attention for 5 years, and im not implying the OP is or went that route.  However, a suggestion, put the wow clone claims in at the end, it turns people away before they read some decent points.  Persoanlly i would skip the comparison all together.