Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SP Reset, how many would come back to play

2»

Comments

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Originally posted by notmex

Originally posted by Quesa

You don't need to be in a HAC with T2 guns and equip to be usefull.

True, I was canon fodder when I first started.

You can be in an inty or dictor far before a HAC.  You can also fly a BC or BS.  For larger fleet battles, having T2 guns only really means you spent more on your ship.  Loads of pilots fly T1 in large fleets.

Additionally, there is/has been an increasing call for Assault frigs and probers - both easier to get in.

If you wanted to complain about a game, at least have the experience to put up a good argument.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Jester135Jester135 Member UncommonPosts: 21

SP/Skill system in eve is really not hard or time consuming. unless you plan to do everything there is to do in the game all at the same time. When I started 8 years ago, just read about the skills, as in finding out whats best for what I'd enjoy doing the most. So for a year I was only doing PVE while doing missions I trained other skills, took interest in trading(buy low sell high) aspect of the game and trained skills for trading. Got tired of paying other people to ship my items to jita so trained to fly freights. One thing led to another now I have 3 accounts to split the load and my industrial character makes enough ingame money to pay for 2 of my accounts xD. Also you can have a decent pvp pilot in 3 months so if you enjoy t hat, you can go kick butt while you train other skills time will fly by and you wouldn't realize its b een that long.  There's also  a ton of different ships with different roles, currently I'm addicted to my curse atm unless a minmatar ship gets the jump on me o_o. also doesn't take long to get in one. Just gotta find your niche!

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Part of the appeal of eve for me was that there was no end game. Your character doesn't get to the max level then say. "Now what?" or worse; level one way, then when you get to end game, play a completely different way.

I think it is kinda how I hoped a game like darkfall would be, no skill cap, just keep making it harder and harder to raise a skill. Instead most skill based games have an arbartrary stopping points, the game developers say, OK you have reached 100, your character can't learn anything more.

I think resetting skills would defete the purpose of eve. If you are going down one path and you like a different one, all you have to do is start training the new set of skills skills. You will never run out of skills to train. You will never reach max level.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Originally posted by notmex

You don't need to be in a HAC with T2 guns and equip to be usefull.

True, I was canon fodder when I first started.

You can be in an inty or dictor far before a HAC.  You can also fly a BC or BS.  For larger fleet battles, having T2 guns only really means you spent more on your ship.  Loads of pilots fly T1 in large fleets.

Additionally, there is/has been an increasing call for Assault frigs and probers - both easier to get in.

If you wanted to complain about a game, at least have the experience to put up a good argument.

???? arn't you two saying the same thing?