Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

swg good? or no good?

13»

Comments

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    The edit part of your lasy post sogar is by far the coolest thing I have heard about SWG.  If they keep adding stuff like that and get player vehicles in and eventually the expansion, and of course I am done with Half-Life 2; I might just check this game out again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• ChilledPenguinChilledPenguin Member Posts: 51

[edited]

It is not out yet.  Everyone thought it might be out in September, but now it is pushed back until at least November, and if we get another Doom 3 follower, maybe November 2005.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SolidukeSoliduke Member Posts: 5
    i bought game 1 hour ago ( of course SWG ) , and i'll have it for 2 weeks or more , for 2 weeks i'll start playing , i was reading a lot about SWG and i think that game is great , for this game i waiting more than DOOM 3 or HALF-LIFE 2 , can you tell me when was premiere of SWG , how long you playing SWG and what i lost ,  what about server ,which is the best for join  ?

SWG war released April 15.

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

SWG wasnt released april15 btw it was june 26 .

and  avoid like a hot red poker up the arse.

Oh thats right, it was supposed to be released April 15, needless to say it sisnt make it

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Please refrain from bashing other members and swearing...

Thank you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • jleach12jleach12 Member Posts: 10
    You don't really need to pay $50 for the game since u don't need the discs except for installation.  Find somebody who already bought it or split it with a couple of people.

• ChilledPenguinChilledPenguin Member Posts: 51

[edited]

• troupetroupe Member Posts: 5

Sorry for the late post.  I hadnt checked my email since August 9th.  First off, sorry Sogar... Major my bad... I knew it wasnt Sugar... I have no idea what I was thinking.  Very very sorry.

Secondly, the space expansion thing wont be coming out for a LONG time, as they have to add mounts first, then vehicles, then player cities and such, then the space stuff.  Thats gonna take alot of coding and art and stuff that takes along time.  I really hope they dont charge for the xpack tho, because if they do, I'll tell you that I wont buy it.  Until they start adding features they advertised before the game came out, I'm not paying another dime in expansion packs.  I really dont think its fair that we have to pay 15 bucks a month for them to add shit they promised in the first place... but I guess thats life.  However, they are giving some major love to some of the stuff thats really been busted, like Commandos and such.  And they have been adding a lot of content.  One thing I noticed tho, nearly half of the things they fix and we pay for are exploits.  If you guys want new content, stop taking advantage of the game and its systems.  Now that I think of it I'd love to hear any arguments against this theory... I dont know what they would be... But anyway... Ummm... Hmmm.... I like this game... Except the bloody Emporer's Retreat.  Its bugged right now so that I cant continue the missions from it.  Now THAT is annoying.  I spent days doing those missions, taking a break from crafting, and now its bugged, and I had to just leave.  I am having fun doing faction stuff on Lok tho.  That is a seriously great system they worked out for Faction.  Getting Stormtrooper death squads and kicking rebel ass is a great great thing.  I'm having alot of fun with this game.  If anyone isnt, tell us and I'll see if I can tell you some fun stuff to do.

I hope they fix the armorsmith colors using the tailor expirementation soon tho :(

• gorkamorka01gorkamorka01 Member Posts: 2
    Is there an SWG trial like there is for EQ, im interested in this game, but dont wanna buy it, and then hate it

They used to have trailers up on their main site.  they are probably still there under downloads or media or something like that.  http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Interesting thread to read - and that was just the flames at the beginning :P One of the reasons that I would never buy SWG is that I am not a SW fan period.

Some of the intended features do sound interesing, and I would be interested to hear more about the trade-skills and player economy (my single, biggest bug-bear in MMOG's). As much as I loved EQ, the trade skill system above the newbie items was absolutely FUBARED. One could spend an horrendous amount of gold, time, toil and effort to finally produce x item which was actually trash when compared to easily obtainable dropped loot - ask Bocote who played (and may continue to do so) on AyRo about high-level tailoring.

How do the missions work? Sounds a little like AO. Also, the PvP system is mentioned as being excellent without anyone actually explaining the mechanics. C'mon people! More detail!

I have no intention to purchase it because I'm waiting for Horizons but I'm still interested in the various MMOG's on the market and like to keep informed on how implement common features i.e. missions, trade-skills, levelling, etc.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     The missions for SWG? If there was an award for worst missions possible, i would give it straight to SWG. Here is the tactics for destroy missions (the other mission was delivery, you basically give an item to another npc for barely any money). For destroy, you walk out of town through the boring,desserted enviroments to get to some lair you attack. And then you have to kill the monsters in the lair. (and by lair it's just a small piece of garbage lying on the ground and the monsters just appear when you attack it.

Homer-"let the bears pay the bear tax, but i pay the Homer tax."
    Lisa-"Dad, that's the homeOWNERS tax!"
    Homer-"Whatever I'll be at Moes."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • GuaranadGuaranad Member Posts: 3

I for one have played it from may to july and thought that it was good for beta and can only get better

I would still be playing it but had to move and dont have high speed internet yet.

• troupetroupe Member Posts: 5

Man yo, I got 56k and I play that shit.

The PvP mechanics are mostly just you both accept a duel, then you fight.  However, the Imp vs. Reb PvP is awesome, because you can have full scale wars, with tons of ATSTs going around pwning all the pitiful noob rebs.  Its actually alot of fun.  The faction is the main thing that SWG has going for it now, as well as the killer player-driven economy.

Bascially the economy is this:  There is an artisan profession that contains the main crafters.  There are also scouts, medics, and musicians and such that can craft other things, but its mainly artisans.  From artisan, you can get Merchant, Tailor, Chef, Armorsmith (me), Weaponsmith, Droid Engineer, and Architect.  You basically just craft the items of your profession using various resources, both organic and inorganic, and keep crafting until you get enough xp for master.  The more skills you have, the better quality and more advanced stuff you can make.  You can sell your items on the bazaar or set up a shop at home or just go into town and yell about your stuff.  You can customize your items a great deal, including their name and color for most items.  Generally it works really well, and everyone is trustworthy and such, and everyone supports eachother, especially if you're in a PA.

Questions?

-Troupe

Ok Ty for the info on dial up i will try to play again my biggest prob. is at best i can only get 34.6 on a good day most of the time it stays at 28.8 but i will try i miss it with seeing all the new stuff like the houses.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I loved this game when I first started. It was a refreshing change from your typical MMORPG, but after 3 months of playing  it's starting to grow old fast. More content from high end characters would help along with some mob loot that surpassas the player made stuff. Npc vendors would help move along the hurting economy.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

I agree with the high end chrs. I was under the impretion that when the game was released we beta testers were going to be the high end . has this changed since then? well any ways by the end of the month i should be back on road runner so i will have to get back into it by then.

• DorkusboyDorkusboy Member Posts: 20
    so much has changed over the years and then again so much has not.