Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness: Ready When it's Done

1235»

Comments

• BaalthusBaalthus Member Posts: 1

World of Darkness : Created by White Wolf in 1991
    World of Warcraft : Created by Blizzard in 2001 ...

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Baalthus

World of Darkness : Created by White Wolf in 1991
    World of Warcraft : Created by Blizzard in 2001 ...

And? The two worlds are nothing alike at all. So whats the point of this post? 

• pallusanapallusana Member Posts: 1

I am quite excited for this! Unfortunately, I've never played the card games or the roleplaying game myself, although I have played Bloodlines and am planning to play Redemption as well. Considering how well Bloodlines turned out as far as graphics 8 years ago, the graphics to this ought to be outstanding.

I wonder if they would revive any of the distinguishable characters from the computer games. Not so much LaCroix or the big bosses, I definitely loved the characters Beckett and Pisha the Nagaraja (Flesh Eater). I don't know how long I can wait for this though. I am already suffering so much by waiting for the new Tomb Raider game, but now I have THIS to be anxious about. lol

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Really, it hasn't been updated because there's no real new information.

As of June, its still in development. 

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    What was shown, was pretty sad.  An architectural modeler could've generated that content in about a month.  Whats been talked about is much more interesting.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    so, epic necro, where is the lock this time...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

We won´t see that game untill 2015-2016 min...

Not getting into this hype train so early.... :P

• JycesJyces Member CommonPosts: 7
    The developers of this game have given us nothing. They have completely kept us in the dark. Like many others, I've lost interest.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I think CCP hit their one niche home run already.....I have low expectations for this one.
  • DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264
    Originally posted by Skuz

As I understand things perma-death will have certain caveats, such as it being required for a Prince to call a blood-feud, Prince's will have territorial control so I imagine that the Prince can only call for a blood-feud in his own area.

I certainly hope there are some kind of controls on the perma-death; SWG tried it with jedis, and felt the backlash from it.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

I really hope there's room to be human for those of us who see vampires only as stake holders.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

CCP are make an best mmorpg on market,& they should stick with EVE,not spend ressources  & time for other stuff

I waiting on WoD but ,not care too much what they  ll make at  final

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Hmmm....Using oWoD and planning on adding additional races (werewolf/mage/changeling)?  This should be interesting.  I wonder what mechanics in the game they'll change.

Werewolves are very much more powerful than vampires.  One werewolf could more or less destroy a whole group of vampires in most cases, and mages can more or less do anything they want from wherever they want, going so far as to set off nuclear explosions from across the world.  The old world of darkness wasn't too concerned about balance, 

I'll also be interested in seeing how they handle the themes of each of those different races, since they all pretty much contradicted each other.  The one thing I could not grasp with having multiple races mixing it up in a game is that their lores are not compatible.  Either God exists and He cursed Cain and turned him into a vampire, or Gaia is the ultimate creator and the various other pegan lores which Werewolf pulls from come into effect.  Then again, Mage would mix just fine, since in mage reality is so subjective that to be a mage you just have to basically be a schizophrenic that has an uncanny ability to self-delude himself into make believing his own imaginary reality which he can bend to his will.  Then again, I don't see how it would actually be possible to implement Mage into a game at all, considering how freeform using magic is (you can basically do anything you want, so long as you can justify it under your self-deluded paradigm).