Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll]How many of your SWTOR gaming plans hinge entirely on patch 1.2?

Comments

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

People are hyping 1.2 just like they hyped 1.0

It's going to end in disappointment.

There is no such thing as a "miricle patch"

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I will wait for the 1.2 patch to see it and test it, but I have stopped playing mostly for 2 weeks. Returned to EQ2 btw and have tons of fun. I still think maybe SWTOR gets good someday, and I will return someday to check. But so far, I had my fun, played 2 chars to max level and that was basically as much as I like to see so far.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by firefly2003

Originally posted by Skuz

1.2 was looking quite good until I saw the raft of class-changes.

Retooling the game at this stage to such a large degree is a big gamble, the condescending tone Georg Zoeller takes with critics of the changes stinks to high heaven and the communication of the reasoning behind it, rather than up front prior to the changes being announced has been way too after the fact and piecemeal, like trying to drag information out of a suspected criminal it has taken constant & pressured interrogation to get any meaningful information - it just should not be like that.

I cancelled my subscription in protest at the way BioWare is handling the game & it's downward looking way of communication with the playerbase, it's sloppy mis-management of the game & it's systems & it's very bad planning for basic things that take place in the MMO space (no transfer system in place from the get go, no server-merge system in place, the very low population cap of the servers exacerbating the "critical mass" problems).

They have made so many basic errors of judgement & planning, such a poor understanding of the MMO demographic that it beggars belief. 

I like the game, I really enjoy it despite its shortcomings, but I will not pay for continued incompetence, poor planning, mismanagement & condescensiion of the playerbase by self-important developers.

That's what you get when you have metrics and suits driving the game design....

Looking at the class changes they all seem nearly spot on. If anything they were too slow in nerfing the builds that needed it.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

A "Just show me the results" option should be included in any and all polls.  Wanted to see the results but had to pick a lie to see it as I've quite SWTOR within a month of release.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by superniceguy

In STO you mainly fight side by side in seperate ships, against the enemy, and when you get into battles like this, in can be quite epic, when there are loads of players taking part.

The other day a friend invited me to his different ships in STO, explore them, and were huge, and was able to get missions for my Duty Officers, by speaking to certain NPCs in the crew on my friends ship, which I think was only just added in within the last month, but was able to visit friends ships before. The game has been enhanced since, so hopefully the same will happen with SWTOR, and if it does not, then the game / Bioware is pathetic. At least STO is evolving, and they are putting effort into it.

STO is awful, dude.  Not sure how you can say it's evolving.  I guess if you want to say it's evolving from a pile of dog shit to a piece of dog shit, then okay.  The only thing it has going for it is the space combat, which is decently fun...for a while.  Everything else about the game is horrifically bad, particularly the ground combat.  

If you want a space sim, STO would probably be okay.  If you want an actual MMO, TOR absolutely destroys it, despite pulling up lame in the space combat aspect. 

And, lest you forget, SWG fan...that game didn't have space combat at launch, either.  It's not like Bioware can't introduce it at a later date.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

In STO you mainly fight side by side in seperate ships, against the enemy, and when you get into battles like this, in can be quite epic, when there are loads of players taking part.

The other day a friend invited me to his different ships in STO, explore them, and were huge, and was able to get missions for my Duty Officers, by speaking to certain NPCs in the crew on my friends ship, which I think was only just added in within the last month, but was able to visit friends ships before. The game has been enhanced since, so hopefully the same will happen with SWTOR, and if it does not, then the game / Bioware is pathetic. At least STO is evolving, and they are putting effort into it.

STO is awful, dude.  Not sure how you can say it's evolving.  I guess if you want to say it's evolving from a pile of dog shit to a piece of dog shit, then okay.  The only thing it has going for it is the space combat, which is decently fun...for a while.  Everything else about the game is horrifically bad, particularly the ground combat.  

If you want a space sim, STO would probably be okay.  If you want an actual MMO, TOR absolutely destroys it, despite pulling up lame in the space combat aspect. 

And, lest you forget, SWG fan...that game didn't have space combat at launch, either.  It's not like Bioware can't introduce it at a later date.

STO > SWTOR as a MMO. Log in and see plenty more people around. SWTORs problem is too many servers plus instancing = Lack of players, despite plenty more people overall. Instancing works in STO as it only has 1 server.

The initial point  is if they do not add it later then there is no hope for the game, as STO proves they do add to the game, but for them not to add in a multiplayer aspect of space instead of single player only into a MMO, is just plain dumb

If you have not tried STO in a while you should give it a shot again, as it has come leaps and bounds ahead from when it first released.  Even in the last month it had some cool sandboxy features, like dropping NPCs into your ships for your friends to interact with -Messing around with your ships in STO,  is almost like messing around with your structures in SWG

For a F2P MMO, STO certainly gets a lot of attention from the devs, each week there is something new to do.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Already canceled, and there is nothing they can do to get me to play again.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

To answer the question of the thread, if my gaming plans hinge upon 1.2 to keep me interested in TOR, I would have to say absolutely not. I'm playing TOR now regardless of the future update, which from all that I've read really does nothing to seriously alter gameplay (and what would you expect). The Legacy system should have been provided at launch, I can't really cut them slack there, and the little details are certainly appreciated additives, but there needs to be some investigation into keeping the longevity of their product viable, preferably by expanding activities and freedom in their universe.

Also, I never voted in the poll, because there's no option for: "This game's pretty mediocre, and could care less about 1.2".

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i quit because monthly fees arent my friends although i am waiting for 1.2 to buy another month. 1.2 sounds great and if BW keep fixing whats broken then i will indeed play at least on and off

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

1.2 is just more of the same content wise. The legacy system isn't nearly as appealing as I thought it would be.

I'm fairly certain that I'm done with this title.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

This thread is stupid. It's not a scientific poll and it's got no controls to insure accuracy.

Too the OP: Want a closer too but still not scientific poll?  Buy a sub to SWTOR and post the poll on the official forum.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I quit at the end of january. I thought I would go back for 1.2 but the game is just terrible. My friends and I hit cap and we love to pvp. Every where you went was a dead planet. If you wanted commendations you had to do warzones nonstop and that is garbage. There was no real Open World PVP either. Ilum was a lot of glorified valor trading Group X nukes Group Y repeat. Or they would camp the taxis outside the bases.

The warzones get old fast although I really only liked Alderaan. This game was fun and I took my time hitting 50 because I knew this game would not sustain my interest. My entire guild felt this way and we all dropped like flies like thousands of others. It was fun while it lasted but I think patch 1.2 will only sustain people for another 30 days before bordom sets in. Sad but true. Also the customer service was terrible, they never got to your petitions. Phone calls and waiting on hold for hours too was garbage.

Also from what I understand most servers stay at "light" on peak times and already need a merge. People need population to play with so I hope you SWTOR people get your merge. In the end the game is just not for me. I should have known better since I prefer PVP.

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273

Polls target certain demographics all the time.  Why this is such a new concept for certain posters in this thread is beyond me. Must be too much thinking involved...

"but your poll is bias"

"it doesn't include this and that..."

Guess what people... it doesn't have to.

Too hard to understand?  ok..... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... better?

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

I will continue to enjoy the game with or without the upcoming patch. 

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

1.2 will be it for me-- pvp has so much potential but theres just not enough to stay busy and fresh -- 3 wz's get old after a while-- a new wz will add some much needed variance to the wz's-- and new gear will give me something to work towards.

Open pvp is still a disaster but a new wz is a step in the right direction for pvp - just need MORE pvp content.

Hopefully 1.2 will hold me over until they fix open world stuff or add more wz's - - starting with 3 is a little lacking imo

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Keogh

THE OFFICIAL SWTOR FORUMS ARE HEAVILY MODERATED TO BAR ANY SORT OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, AND THEY ARE stupid. THE SUBSCRIBERS HAVE no controls to insure accuracy.

Too the OP: Want TO SEE HOW QUICKLY THEY WILL SHUT DOWN YOUR FORUM THREAD AND poll ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS?  Buy a sub to SWTOR and UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS TO HOLD $15 DOLLARS PER MONTH OVER AN OPEN FLAME.

Fixed.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Georg Zoeller is an odd individual, so far nearly everything he has said on the forums has been contradicted and his response in the operative forums to a post about comparing force regeneration vs energy regeneration was hilarious: "imperial agents are not inquisitors" was his response when the post was really about how energy regeneration (and heat venting for bounty hunters) gets hindered as it depletes while force has a fixed regeneration rate and you're forced to stay above 60% energy on an agent for optimal regeneration at 5 energy per second (or below 30% heat on BH).

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Considering how badly this game is being run, and the fact that they nerfed BOTH classes I chose to play into complete and utter uselessness in both PvE and PvP... no, I will not be playing the game after 1.2. Furthermore, after the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle, I also won't be giving Bioware any more of my money for a long, long time, if ever. Same goes for EA.

It's a shame, because many aspects of the game are actually pretty well done, and I did have fun leveling and watching the stories play out. But I don't pay for incompetence, which is all Bioware has shown us since before the game's release.

Deleted it off my hard drive, and I doubt I'll ever be back.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

They talked about 1.2 on x-play today. As the cast are disscussing how the game is doing fine and not going away, the ticker at the bottom was pretty much people saying they quit and won't come back. Maybe it's just those who are pissed that say anything but it was ironic

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

This thread is stupid. It's not a scientific poll and it's got no controls to insure accuracy.
    Too the OP: Want a closer too but still not scientific poll?  Buy a sub to SWTOR and post the poll on the official forum.

Yeah, I HAVE a sub. It's not stupid, I am asking if 1.2 is what is deciding a players fate with the game. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it stupid. Asking MMORPG isn't any more or less "scientific" than going to swtors site so that's jus silly what you said. Thank you for your delightful yet useless input in trying to derail an otherwise productive thread..
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I presume you oppose all polls on MMORPG.com then, maybe you could open a poll to see who agrees with you?
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by sookster54

Georg Zoeller ....."imperial agents are not inquisitors"

Did no one tell him about legacy?
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

The game had one chance it was called launch, unfortunately the game is very lacking in every dept.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

STO > SWTOR as a MMO. Log in and see plenty more people around. SWTORs problem is too many servers plus instancing = Lack of players, despite plenty more people overall. Instancing works in STO as it only has 1 server.

For me the instancing was way overdone in STO. I never had a problem with instancing until that game. After seeing a loading screen every five minutes I started to see the problems with doing it too much. In TOR the instancing is very seamless and the only time I see a loading screen is when I planet hop.

The initial point  is if they do not add it later then there is no hope for the game, as STO proves they do add to the game, but for them not to add in a multiplayer aspect of space instead of single player only into a MMO, is just plain dumb

No, it;'s called a finite budget. Even SWG did not have space fighting until their first expansion. Most of Star Wars action takes place on land. There was some epic space battles, but they were few and far between. It's not like Star Trek where the majority of screen time is on a ship.

If you have not tried STO in a while you should give it a shot again, as it has come leaps and bounds ahead from when it first released.  Even in the last month it had some cool sandboxy features, like dropping NPCs into your ships for your friends to interact with -Messing around with your ships in STO,  is almost like messing around with your structures in SWG

For a F2P MMO, STO certainly gets a lot of attention from the devs, each week there is something new to do.

Sorry, but I gave that game two chances and it still sucks. The first chance came at release and the second was late last year. If a game can't get it right for me two years after release then that's it. My statute of limitations only extends so far. I'm damn sure not going back after they went F2P.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• All games are in constant development. Even games such as Ultima Online released almost 15 years ago still under go changes to the system. MMos always evolve and won't stop any time soon. Some will like the patches and some won't but hey it's an MMorpg.