Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is creativity fading? or what...

rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

This is beyond hilarious. MMO developers / publishers are really losing creativity, we have seen it in previous games in terms of content. Now even art design is suffering lol look at this... Dantes Inferno!!!!

by the way, Outspark is well known for its popular Fiesta mmo

http://loa.outspark.com/  they took the original cover from EAs dantes inferno game to use on their game

http://images2.alphacoders.com/909/thumbbig-90960.jpg

Ridiculously hi....larious

Comments

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Yeah man that was so funny!

Don't quit your day job, though.  Internet comedian isn't a very lucrative field - especially with the skill you perform at.

On topic:  Welcome to the gaming industry.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think we need more proffesionals in the gaming industry that prove to be original rather than making life easier just copy pasting

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Similar pose, yes, but it's not an exact copy.  There are enough zillions of pictures out there that highly probable that there would be some pairs that are very similar, in spite of neither trying to copy the other.

In contrast, some Evony ads were an exact copy of various images that they clipped from around the Internet.

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

I only got 1 thing to add

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2008/11/zach_witch_lich_king.jpg

Creativity has been lost a long time ago

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Losing creativety?

The genre still have more or less used the same mechanics as Meridian 59 had 16 years ago in almost every game.

There was 10 years any innovative games came out, can you lose something you don´t have?

I actually think that the genre is getting some creativety back. You have Class 4 and WoDO with totally new mechanics and many games that at least add some new stuff like GW2 and TSW. Last time some different games came out were DaoC, Eve and SWG, at least last time something different and good came out.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by Khaeros

Yeah man that was so funny!

Don't quit your day job, though.  Internet comedian isn't a very lucrative field - especially with the skill you perform at.

On topic:  Welcome to the gaming industry.

LOL

Post of the day :p

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Xstyles

I only got 1 thing to add

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2008/11/zach_witch_lich_king.jpg

Creativity has been lost a long time ago

Indeed. If you're out of ideas for your fantasy project... just copy Tolkien. It works. Of course, he did his fair share of copying himself from what I can gather, so...

Maybe we're just reaching the point where it's really hard to be completely original without making something so funky that it feels too weird or unfamiliar... or just too plain risky for the investors backing the project.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Quizzical

Similar pose, yes, but it's not an exact copy.  There are enough zillions of pictures out there that highly probable that there would be some pairs that are very similar, in spite of neither trying to copy the other.

In contrast, some Evony ads were an exact copy of various images that they clipped from around the Internet.

If you look closely, they seem to have the exact same, or almost the exact same, face too.

Still, I don't think creativity is dead.

Greed is for sure holding the pillow against its face, but its legs are still kicking.

Greed fears risk. Creativity likes to take risks. Greed stifles creativity to prevent risks from being taken.