Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about returning to Rift.

AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

i have two lvl 50's one on each side Guardians and Definat. I left few weeks before Ember Isle release. I would like to come back to check new content but the reason why i left was because of heavy end game grinding and leveling alts can only be fun for first two or three times. I did some raiding but it was too time consuming and got repetitive after a while. If i come back is there new content other than raiding? or i would just end up contemplating if i should raid or quit once again on my lvl 50 characters?

Any help and suggestion would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

They have master modes now that drop raid gear. Also crafting patterns have been added and more are being added that are equivalent to raid gear. Stuff like fishing and survivability is being added in 1.8 and then trapping soon after. It is still a game that has raids and the alt leveling is not fun.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Ive returned along with most of my guild  , and having a great time with all aspects of Rift again .. looking forward to 1.8...

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Rift is the first game since DAoC, and EQ before that, to grab me and hold me longer than a month or two.  Now it's been over a year with Rift and I'm still having a blast.

It's a real gem that too many dismiss as just a "wow clone" without giving it the attention it deserves.  There's no better MMO company out there than Trion.

If you're thinking of returning, you should.  It's just too much fun, regardless of what aspects you enjoy more than others.

Anyway, that's my $0.02

• heliothhelioth Member UncommonPosts: 53

don't bother, still the same basic crappy game, there are a few moments of fun before you slip back into the grind, the core elements of gameplay are just not entertaining, rewarding, or interesting.

i did recently return, and i can say it's just not worth it

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Originally posted by helioth

don't bother, still the same basic crappy game, there are a few moments of fun before you slip back into the grind, the core elements of gameplay are just not entertaining, rewarding, or interesting.

i did recently return, and i can say it's just not worth it

I just don't get posts like these.  This is honest.  What, in your opinion, is a good MMO (That is currently on the market)?

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Ive return to Rift myself and wanted to like it, but the thing that makes me unsub its actually Rift itself.

Personally i find that its too disruptive, if there's no one to help in the invasion, than they will be hording the road, and the outpost and i cant hand in any quest , and even be kill while on my way.

It dosent scall according according to the numbers of players that around, so as a low level and often solo there's no one to help.

If they would only make rift contain to a certain area, or doesnt happen when too few players in that zone,  than i'll be back.

But i do like Trion as a company, hope they continue to do well...

RIP Orc Choppa

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

The same things that made you leave are the same things that made myself leave.  The lack of alternate leveling paths and OTHER stuff do besides raiding and dungeons.  Sadly these same issues are still there and it has not changed at all.

However, keep an eye on the next few patches as 1.8 and beyond look to finally be adding OTHER gameplay alternatives such as fishing, trapping and survival professions, I think housing might show up this year at some point as well as new zones and other stuff.  That's what I'm doing at least.  1.8 with the fishing and trapping alone might hold me for awhile.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

double post

RIP Orc Choppa

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Rifts is probably the best newer mmorpg out ... better pve endgame then wow, better pvp. Little less fun to level, waeker World or setting.

Rift's end game is serious for pve raiding, and well ther are casual activities also.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

2 things that may apeal to you not mentioed yet.

Chronicles - there are several short instances that can be done solo or better duo.

Instant adventure - if you are short on time but feel like questing/grouping, hit it up and you are immediatly in a group doing  quests in regular zones, the bigger the group/raid gets the harder the tasks.

Rift is one of the better options out at the moment, there is always something new to see and do every couple of months.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Rifts is probably the best newer mmorpg out ... better pve endgame then wow, better pvp. Little less fun to level, waeker World or setting.

Rift's end game is serious for pve raiding, and well ther are casual activities also.

From a serous raiding standpoint other games with more raid content, and more difficult raid content would be better.   EQ and EQ2 both qualify, and really WoW is the same thing as Rift.  The Heroic Raids, on average, are harder than Rift, which really only has one difficult boss in its existence.  There is an extremely long time between raids, as Hammerknell was released in July or August and here it is end of march, and hammerknell is still all we have (serious raiding, so 10 mans dont apply and those are easy anyway).

Oh and WoW PvP is certainly better than Rift, but neither game is that special.