Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, which Expansions do I need?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I thought to trying EQ2 again, still have my old level 78 Pally.

Now I do not have the latest 2 expansions, Destiny of Velious and Age of Discovery. Can someone please give me a short overview what these two contain? They seem a BIT expensive for a "try out". So any advise and content review pls?

Thanks. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

You need DoV.  It has tons of content, too much to list.  And content added in upcoming updates will require having DoV.

AoD i entirely optional.  it does give you an additional 20 AAs, but no new AA tree and no cap raise in any of the trees, so for most classes this is fluff.  even hardcore raid guilds don't require over 300AAs.

AoD also gives you beaslord class.  It gives ABSOLUTELY NO NEW CONTENT.  The new game update that is coming soon and will be raising cap to level 92 is free and requires that you have DoV, it does not require AoD.

AoD can be bought for station cash, which can be bought for plat in-game.  So basically, get DoV.  Don't get AoD.  Once you've played for a while, you'll know whether you want AoD.  I lead a decently successful raid guild and virtually no one in the guild actually paid for AoD on launch, but most of us have picked it up for SC since then.  It's not a requirement for anything.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the only thing i found AOD helpful for - was leveling alts faster w mercenaries

you can level to 90 without buying any expansions

but everyone is doing DOV content at 90