Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect - Has Bioware became EA's new dumping ground?

2»

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

EA should just stick to sports games because the majority of non sports games for them has been almost a complete disappointment.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by Mephster

EA should just stick to sports games because the majority of non sports games for them has been almost a complete disappointment.

EA published tons of games which were far from dissapointment, its like saying that Activision only publishes Call of Duty.

If EA goes out of the picture it will be much worse than what it is today since you are taking a huge player out of the market, no EA no money ;<

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Activision is a bit different since they merged with Blizzard.

EA bought out BioWare.

There is a difference.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Activision is a bit different since they merged with Blizzard.

EA bought out BioWare.

There is a difference.

Activision if any thing is worse EA atleast green lights some really risky projects once in a bluemoon, activision on the other hand basically rehashes Call of Duty every year and cashes in on the dividends from Blizzard.

AM Alice, Dante's Inferno, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Shank, Overstrike, heck even trying to revive Hellgate London...

But they really need to stop merging every thing into Bioware i mean WTF would they merge danger close into Bioware if they have Respawn(IW 2.0) as an internal team now... The only thing i can think off that Danger Close/Victory Games could do for BW is the MP for Mass Effect 3 but they've only merged like 3 months ago so who the duck knows...

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Bunks

This is EA vision of the future for games.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/flight-control-rocket-is-everything-bad-about-pay-to-win-schemes

That's Diabolical and impressive ... kind of like how the devestation left behind after a hurricane is impressive.

Just read that article myself and it really brings the issue that many have with Cash Shops and the overall idea of games monetizing their players into sharp focus. I do find it funny that after all that ranting about the game, they have a "Buy It Now" link at the top of the article. If they get a kickback from its sales, that makes the article not only funnier, but also incredibly hypocritical.

In most cases, particularly in MMORPGs, it's far more subtle and the designers/developers tend to fly a bit more under the radar. They're doing the same thing, they're just sneakier at it. They take more care to obfuscate what they're actually doing, while using their PR to spin it as something else. You really have to look beneat the surface, connect the dots and read between the lines to see what's really going on. I think that's why so many MMO devs can pull it off and even get people defending what they do, because on the surface it all seems so innocuous. 

Others, like the makers of this Flight Control game (with EA involved, go figure) pretty much take that same system and exploit it to the extreme. This could be a wonderful wake-up call for people who perhaps don't really understand why so many of us do not and never will accept Cash Shops or the micro-monetization of players as being "okay". While we as gamers are looking for good, solid and fun games to immerse ourselves in, developers and publishers are devising ways to milk us for all they can. It's sickening.

• SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

I just find all of this very disappointing in the end and i'm not sure about EA/BW and other companies that i've bought games from anymore. i have DAO,DA2,ME2,ME3 maybe these companies should go back to the drawing board i mean for example a RPG game most people think old school ya know the good guy slays the villian and saves the princess but instead now it seems like the villian slays the hero and rapes the princess. same deal you play a guy who's whole story is to save the universe from this ultimate evil and all and playing through three games to the finale and BAM! you get kicked in the balls and laughed at as YOU FAILED and the fanbase erupt's with rage as they see all of they're hard work with choices and time spent flushed down the toilet.

(my grammer and all may not be that great but you get the point lol)

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Let's just say that it sucks for Bioware but they are owned by EA and theres nothing they can do about it. EA is the top dog and they have to listen to them. I don't believe this is good for its investors either. Although they have been selling games, it doesn't mean they will in the long run. If they continue along this trend they won't be making games for much longer. People haven't been overly impressed with ME3 and SWTOR. If they continue to develop games like such they won't have investors in the end.