Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera or D3?

SarandSarand Member UncommonPosts: 17

Two totally different styles of games but my reasoning between the two is simply due to time. Until the start of june i wont have too much time to invest into an MMO. I may get a few hours each day on the weekend but that is about it. In the summer i will have a lot more time to play, a few hours each day + more on weekends. After the summer school kicks back up and i am back to my 40 hour work week and full time student.

To put my time of play in perspective, in my busy state, if i had time to log into SWTOR i could send my companions out for crafting and maybe get 1 or 2 matches of pvp in. I was able to hit end game before i got this busy.

I guess what I am trying to ask is that is it worth playing Tera, my preffered game, with little progression till june, hit end game and maybe get some lower-end end game gear by the end of summer, and then back to almost not being able to advance much after the summer or go with D3 which is a lot more time friendly, a few hours can actually net a bit of progression, but not my preffered pick? D3 is still a game i would want to play, i loved the first 2 series.

I dont want to play both at the same time since i just really want to focus on one game. Thank you for your opinions and advice in advance!

/signed the gamer who wishes he had more time to game

Comments

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by Sarand

Two totally different styles of games but my reasoning between the two is simply due to time. Until the start of june i wont have too much time to invest into an MMO. I may get a few hours each day on the weekend but that is about it. In the summer i will have a lot more time to play, a few hours each day + more on weekends. After the summer school kicks back up and i am back to my 40 hour work week and full time student.

To put my time of play in perspective, in my busy state, if i had time to log into SWTOR i could send my companions out for crafting and maybe get 1 or 2 matches of pvp in. I was able to hit end game before i got this busy.

I guess what I am trying to ask is that is it worth playing Tera, my preffered game, with little progression till june, hit end game and maybe get some lower-end end game gear by the end of summer, and then back to almost not being able to advance much after the summer or go with D3 which is a lot more time friendly, a few hours can actually net a bit of progression, but not my preffered pick? D3 is still a game i would want to play, i loved the first 2 series.

I dont want to play both at the same time since i just really want to focus on one game. Thank you for your opinions and advice in advance!

/signed the gamer who wishes he had more time to game

D3. Anyone with limited time shouldn't play games like Tera

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, levelling is fast in Tera, so that shouldn't be an issue.

What you should ask yourself is what game you want to end up playing. Tera will eventually be focused on group content, either PvE or PvP. D3 is strictly single coop. Also D3 will not have PvP, well, not at least until you end up having more time.

It comes down to what gameplay you enjoy the most. If you prefer the D3 solo in groups gameplay, you may want to try either D3 or GW2. I'd pick GW2 if it comes any time before summer, it will offer more overall in the same package than D3.

If you prefer more grouped gameplay, then you can either play Tera or TSW. TSW prospect scares me a bit, due to sparce info, but it has the potential to be a very entertaining mmorpg.

It also comes down to what type of PvP or PvE you prefer. Tera is more traditional in this respect. Diablo, if it's any like its predecessors it'll be linear. GW2 relies on dynamic events to keep you interested. Regarding PvP, D3 has none for now. Tera has open world PvP and might have 4x servers at some point, but I wouldn't count on it at launch. GW2 will have the traditional DAoC 3x server PvP, but no world PvP.

Overall, lots of decent choices this year. Unlike 2011, this is a good year for mmorpg lovers ;)