Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The topic we've all been waiting for: Which features are working as intended?

MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

So let's make a complete list.

No place holders, no broken features.

- Mining

- Woodcutting

- Activating an NPC monologue with a left click

- The character starts the swimming animation when it falls into water

- Looking around

- Logging out (iirc)

Any more? It's pretty tough if you can't even add "walking" to the list, with the fucked up speed formula. "Looking around" was a tough one as well with the dark "night". I suppose the devs aren't allowed outside after 7 and don't know what a real night looks like.

The vendor gets bugged so often, I refuse to put it on the list - also he's a place holder anyway for a real economy. What else is there? Does fishing work now?

Comments

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by MordragMO

It's pretty tough if you can't even add "walking" to the list

classic lol

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

its an mmo, no feature should ever be considered finished because theres always room for improvement.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

butchering works.

i dunno, it's really hard to say because almost everything in this game has some kind of flaw. even Woodcutting sometimes has problems were aiming at the tree wont work and you'll have to find the tiny spot at the bottom of the tree before you can gather from it. same goes for Mining. some rocks are very buggy.

i really cannot think of even one feature in the game that is completely and utterly flawless and worked 100% the same every single time i used it.

even loggin in doesn't work flawlessly every single time   :S

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

*double post.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by deathshroud

its an mmo, no feature should ever be considered finished because theres always room for improvement.

This.

As of right now Mortal Online is fun to play and getting better.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by MordragMO

So let's make a complete list.

No place holders, no broken features.

- Mining

- Woodcutting

- Activating an NPC monologue with a left click

- The character starts the swimming animation when it falls into water

- Looking around

- Logging out (iirc)

Any more? It's pretty tough if you can't even add "walking" to the list, with the fucked up speed formula. "Looking around" was a tough one as well with the dark "night". I suppose the devs aren't allowed outside after 7 and don't know what a real night looks like.

The vendor gets bugged so often, I refuse to put it on the list - also he's a place holder anyway for a real economy. What else is there? Does fishing work now?

Can't argue most of this but the night is pretty on spot. It can get pretty dark in areas where no cities and artificial lights are abundant. Imagine a world where there is no other light source except the sun by day and the moonlight or fire by night. Nights would be pretty dark except on a fuller moons.. I remember a planetarium exhibit where they simulated this and the night was pitch black  with pinpoint stars.  I like the dark nights in MO.

• deepend2099deepend2099 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by deathshroud

Really? So you're telling me that it's common and ok for simple features not to work because they can be improved in the future? That's an absurd comment. 

That's like me saying that it's ok for me to make a game where you character is stuck in place, but it's ok because in the future it's possible for us to improve it and let you move around. 

I have nothing against MO lol, but still...

This discussion has been closed.