Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yogscast doing ArcheAge [Part 7]

Comments

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

Part 5 just came out. I'll add it once I stop being banned (tomorrow). Last time I inadvertedly use the "T" word on this site. image

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Originally posted by QSatu

Originally posted by Zekiah

Current developers take note, these are features that should be in your  *cough* so-called MMOs.

This game absolutely puts to shame any other MMO on the market with its feature list.

From these vids I learned all those features look cool on paper but the actual gameplay is full of wait here and die of boredom. To each their own.

Wow, an actual mmorpg that doesn't hold your hand, and you think it's boring. Some people i guess.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by wizyy

Originally posted by Pivotelite

This year has been so hectic for me, every day I log into my computer and have to check 10 different youtube channels to see if the newest BETA footage from one of the many great games coming out this year are available, this year for us is quite spectacular, I don't think it is possible for someone to be dissapointed in everything that is potentially coming to the market this year.

Eh, if only ArcheAge would come out this year :(

Well if you decide to play in Korea, technically it will probably come out this year. ;)

@Qsatu - I know this place well, I have faith, that they can enjoy at least one game! Lol.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Originally posted by Ruien

Originally posted by Mavacar

Nice! Love those two!

Whats to love about these guys? Is it the culture to sqeal and act as stupid as you can for laughs?

These guys are the epitome of why game companies wont make a game thats challenging or indepth. These guys would be the very last people Id want testing my game.

Just dont get why they are popular. They can barely do simple mechanics and then only after massive trial and error. They sqeal and laugh like children over details that dont seem to matter.

Basically, these 2 come off as pure dimwits with no hand / eye coordination and childlike personalities.

Spot on sir!!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

ROFL @ ep 5! when they started to atk there house i fucking lost it LOL. thats funny shit right there

Originally posted by kantseeme

ROFL @ ep 5! when they started to atk there house i fucking lost it LOL. thats funny shit right there

Yeah, that was hilarious. But my keyboard isn't too happy about it. image

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

That is the type of stuff you just can't get with a straight move you along the rails themepark game. They were having fun, with a system in the game that not only allowed a group effort but the small things like attacking their own house. Priceless and what a real mmorpg is all about.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by musicmann

That is the type of stuff you just can't get with a straight move you along the rails themepark game. They were having fun, with a system in the game that not only allowed a group effort but the small things like attacking their own house. Priceless and what a real mmorpg is all about.

Agreed. looking forward to all the new info that will be coming out and news of CBT5. Hope they do the other 4 races.

Originally posted by musicmann

Exactly. Themepark MMORPGs should give players more freedom, so that things like accidentally burning your house down, is possible. It would help give birth to some much needed emergent gameplay, if the right systems are in place. Much better than keeping a player strapped to those rails. It is why I'm glad with the direction ArenaNet are taking with Guild Wars 2 and why I'm interested in ArcheAge, which seems to be taking this to a wholenother level.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by QSatu

Originally posted by Zekiah

Current developers take note, these are features that should be in your  *cough* so-called MMOs.

This game absolutely puts to shame any other MMO on the market with its feature list.

From these vids I learned all those features look cool on paper but the actual gameplay is full of wait here and die of boredom. To each their own.

I can understand that opinion and think it would be naive to believe that a game like AA will be for everyone. At the same time I think a lot of the misunderstanding of that comes from what you see in vids as opposed to actual gameplay. All these multi million dollar cgi trailers are fantastic to watch and great eye candy, but that's not what this is about remember they are trying to show features, they have not had to do anything to get to that point it would simply take too long.

For instance, after they burnt down their own foundations they stand and wait for a friend to arrive with the goods again, the reality is they would have had to scope out a spare bit of land get planting, grow and harvest the diferent resources required, get the money required, this takes time and effort so what is essentially missing here is the sense of achienvment which is a massive part of what a game like AA is all about. At that point it is still all a means to an end of your advancement and existance in a living world.

Some gamers arn't looking for that and that's cool but some are and their choices of such titles which are well developed is limited and usually comes down to "you can have a persistant world" or  "you can have a game with a well thought out resource crafting, economy" or "you can have good, mass pvp" or many others, but not often all of them in one place. In past sandbox games I've stood around for hours talking shit or pissing about, I don't think that's limited to sandbox it just seems more prevalent there perhaps due to non-specific time sinks etc.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I notice little things and i can tell yo uthat being able to jump through an actual window in a MMORPG is rare only a handful have  that.

I think the housing is going to be too small,i can't speak for Korean gamers but it seems they are content with different ideas.Example we know they like the clutter of stalls in games and here we saw massive amounts of boxes surrounding a house and a bunch of kitty kats littering the roof.

This game i think needs to shore up the entire player made zone otherwise NA players will get bored quickly,not with the whoel game but with the housing ideas.One example is to shore up the storage space,i don't think anmyone wants to see a hundredd boxes littered around every house.Also the actual insides and NOT a zone is amazing but far too small,i would like to see housing at least twice the size even if it means taking longer to get one.

We still need to see what becomes of the crafting  example using those resources people plant like the gardens and trees ect ect.

I don't understand the alarm thing owls],if you don't have a key to access why would you need alarms on housing?

I think these guys are defintiely smart enough to know the zones limitations,example poly counts so i am guessing we won't see the ability to improve the player zone much.I would like to see mobs roaming around a bit more to keep players on their toes.

I wonder if the ship building idea NEEDS a large guild to pull it off,this would again alienate smaller guilds or friends that only want a small group to hang with.I never much cared for ANY type of content that FORCES players to have large groups to enjoy ALL the content.

I think for sure this game will be a fun hangout for awhile,but the NA public imo is more demanding ,we will see over time how this game shapes up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

You don't need a large guild to build, even if you aren't in a big guild then at least you're working for something. Like he said in the video, couple of hours for 100 wood

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Looks like they might be over now :-(

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Wizardry

I think the housing is going to be too small,i can't speak for Korean gamers but it seems they are content with different ideas.Example we know they like the clutter of stalls in games and here we saw massive amounts of boxes surrounding a house and a bunch of kitty kats littering the roof.

This game i think needs to shore up the entire player made zone otherwise NA players will get bored quickly,not with the whoel game but with the housing ideas.One example is to shore up the storage space,i don't think anmyone wants to see a hundredd boxes littered around every house.Also the actual insides and NOT a zone is amazing but far too small,i would like to see housing at least twice the size even if it means taking longer to get one.

You know, there was a time (even in the US) when houses were *much* smaller. It is only a recent development that our culture has begun to believe that bigger is better. In fact, there are only a handful of industrialized countries which suscribe to this belief. This is a well discussed issue in the media. Furthermore, "too small" to some is just right for others. In fact, there is a whole tiny house movement happening out there as we speak....

As for "kitty kats littering" the roof and "a hundredd boxes littered around every house"... in a game that is about freedom and being able to literally "create" a world within a persistent world, those are the kinds of things that should be *ENCOURAGED*, not coded away! Some people like their HOA keeping everything looking uniform and cookie cutter, while some people prefer to live in a more "anything goes" environment. There are pro's and cons to each approach. With an HOA, individuality and creativity is normally inhibited, but you can rest easy knowing that your neighbors can't paint their house neon pink. Without an HOA, homeowners can be much more free and can potentially create amazing, "artsy" neighborhoods (but run the risk of having bad neighbors who don't keep their yard up or paint their house a "weird" color or whatever). Different strokes for different folks.

If you don't like the boxes, why not go play a different game instead of the devs taking away the option of putting boxes everywhere for the rest of us? The more choices and ways for players to do unique and eye-catching things, the better. If that's not your opinion, go play a game that will cater to what you want. This game provides players with the ability to customize and let their imaginations run wild. No matter how much of an eyesore it proves, I will never inhibit another person's right to express themselves. I can tell them it looks weird, I can say I hate it, but I wouldn't ever want the devs to take it out of the game on my account (or anybody else's). I want to make choices, not have choices made for me on account of somebody who doesn't think anybody wants to see feature XYZ. About the only place I draw the line is if people find some way to do things that younger players shouldn't see (at least not in a game with a "15+" age rating). But boxes and kittehs on the roof? Please, Sir.... I want some MOAR!!!

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Originally posted by Kuppa

Originally posted by Apraxis

Originally posted by Sylvarii

The Yogscast idiots have come late to the AA party,their are tons of vids and information about all the working features of AA.

Yeah.. and all of those vids are fucking boring, and you get almost nothing about the game.. just a feature list. Feature lists are boring, and say nadda about a game. Just my 2 cent.

TBH their videos are entertaining and informative in a wierd sort of way....

Not for nothing but i love the Brits outlook on things. The BBC is on my tele all the time so these guys get a pass in my book. The prespective of some guys playing an new game they cant read or understand and there Brits? Sounds good to me.

What I enjoy about Yogscast (besides the humor) is all of the little detail that you don't get in other videos, I've already seen that they have housing, I've seen you can build a boat...there is a kraken. But its all of the little stuff that they run through that makes it really enjoyable... And of course there is the humor, they crack me up.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• kumdankalekumdankale Member Posts: 16

Lol. "burning house"  part was hilarious on video part 5.

find water noooooow!!!!!!! :D

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Im glad i saw the 5 video's a themepark trying to be sandbox and it looks terible also and yet another korean grinder with awefull looking fake world and characters.

After seeing those 5 video;s i know i won't be playing Archeage, at least this way it rescue me from follow another grindy themebox. Darkfall is so much better then this crap(this opinion offcorse from 5 videos ive seen from yogscast).

So many things ive seen in this video is eather dejavu(yet another...) or just looking terible and not interesting at all.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by forest-nl

Im glad i saw the 5 video's a themepark trying to be sandbox and it looks terible also and yet another korean grinder with awefull looking fake world and characters.

After seeing those 5 video;s i know i won't be playing Archeage, at least this way it rescue me from follow another grindy themebox. Darkfall is so much better then this crap(this opinion offcorse from 5 videos ive seen from yogscast).

So many things ive seen in this video is eather dejavu(yet another...) or just looking terible and not interesting at all.

Those videos are hardly representative of the game. They mostly showcase the personalities and reactions of the Yogscast people, not the features and play mechanics. I think your reactions are coming from the impression that you are getting from the Yogscast people (who are noted for their affiliation with WoW), not ArcheAge.

If you really did watch all five videos, it should have been obvious that the Yogscast people had no idea what they were doing and had even less idea about the game itself. If it weren't for the player named "Acina" spoon-feeding them info and mats, they would have probably spent all five videos goofing around in the starter area.

I think it's quite amazing to dismiss a game based on five somewhat humorous, but quite uninformative, videos. Videos, no less, which are made by "personalities" whom are popular for capturing the feelings and reactions of your "average gamer." If AA is not for you, after considering such a ridiculously small (and poor) sample of videos, then go back to Darkfail and flex your e-peen with the rest of "hardcore" gamers there. I'll be happy to have one less person playing AA whom jumps to conclusions too quickly and whom spells atrociously (I mean, seriously, do you type with a mallet or something?).

Finally, if there are so many things you are seeing in the videos that give you a sense of deja vu, why not be specific and actually support what you are saying with EXAMPLES? You know.... take the time to actually list some of those things that strike you as familiar instead of making such a generic, unsupported claim. I'm sure you have complaints (we all do!), but again, I would suggest you check out some other videos of AA before arriving at such a hasty conclusion.

Even so, hopefully I *don't* see you around IG... ever.

• kumdankalekumdankale Member Posts: 16

It is not a grind but even if it is , It is a lot better than greek grinder what you say?? darkfall is the most grindy game ever existed. you are playing a crap not even 2000 players play and say this game crap hahaha ok.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I like DF but this is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard.  Grindy??? Really and casting for hours on swimmers, swimming afk against a dock for days and harvesting isnt grindy?  AA could launch and be a steamy pile, but hell tons of vids, no NDA, and no one calling their baby ugly - sounds like a somewhat safe bet to me.  And yes there are a lot of people in Korea that could do a AA sucks video in English.  Its all positive that i have found.

Btw what have you seen in other games?  The housing, gardening, rope climbing, gliding, footprint system, ship building, ship combat, tree planting, pvp, carts, prison system, farm animals, cloaks with your logo, Tree climbing etc.  Im sure these have been done before, but in one game?  Nope.

If you like DF great, they need the subs!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

What I'm most impressed about in this game is the thoughtful layout of the environment. When he said "I liked the view", he wasn't kidding. That overlook onto the beach was grogeous, accentuated by this game's first class graphics. It gives me faith these people aren't just throwing more polygons at the game but giving a lot of attention to the overall aesthetic. A far cry from some other Korean MMO's I've seen.

I haven't heavily placed my interest into this game because it's hard to follow the flow of information when most source are in a foreign language, as pointed out earlier in this thread, but I definitely won't be dismissing it because I'm currently anticipating a different game.

What also gave me some faith was that all those features, that great sandboxy awesomeness of player built houses and boats, probably won't be completely gated off from earlier levels. I'm not sure to what extent those other people were helping the yogcast guys, but they were only like level 5 and placing a basic house down, right? I don't expect to be handed everything, but I want to get to enjoy some of the greatest features in the game to some degree while questing/leveling, not after.

I'm largely in agreement that this is a team of very skilled developers who are not afraid to show off their game. I appreciate the open development cycle approach and I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in any manner down the road. If the developers are making a great game they enjoy playing and the players will enjoy playing, then they have no reason to hold back gameplay from everyone. GW2, while currently using NDA for their betas, have covered every major feature of the game in depth and has extraordinary amounts of gameplay footage on youtube.

I don't mind the yogcast guys. They have a goofy and humorous approach to first impressions gameplay. They're not pretending they're pro gamers, they're just there to have fun if the game is fun, and in doing so, show other people that the game is fun.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Serelisk

What I'm most impressed about in this game is the thoughtful layout of the environment. When he said "I liked the view", he wasn't kidding. That overlook onto the beach was grogeous, accentuated by this game's first class graphics. It gives me faith these people aren't just throwing more polygons at the game but giving a lot of attention to the overall aesthetic. A far cry from some other Korean MMO's I've seen. 

I'm particularly impressed with lighting effects, it's very realistic... the way the shadows of a tree and its leaves fall on a character passing by... it's breathtaking. Didn't expect that in a MMO, with all the worries about getting the game to run smoothly for all.

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Those videos are hardly representative of the game. They mostly showcase the personalities and reactions of the Yogscast people, not the features and play mechanics. I think your reactions are coming from the impression that you are getting from the Yogscast people (who are noted for their affiliation with WoW), not ArcheAge.

If you really did watch all five videos, it should have been obvious that the Yogscast people had no idea what they were doing and had even less idea about the game itself. If it weren't for the player named "Acina" spoon-feeding them info and mats, they would have probably spent all five videos goofing around in the starter area.

I think it's quite amazing to dismiss a game based on five somewhat humorous, but quite uninformative, videos. Videos, no less, which are made by "personalities" whom are popular for capturing the feelings and reactions of your "average gamer." If AA is not for you, after considering such a ridiculously small (and poor) sample of videos, then go back to Darkfail and flex your e-peen with the rest of "hardcore" gamers there. I'll be happy to have one less person playing AA whom jumps to conclusions too quickly and whom spells atrociously (I mean, seriously, do you type with a mallet or something?).

Finally, if there are so many things you are seeing in the videos that give you a sense of deja vu, why not be specific and actually support what you are saying with EXAMPLES? You know.... take the time to actually list some of those things that strike you as familiar instead of making such a generic, unsupported claim. I'm sure you have complaints (we all do!), but again, I would suggest you check out some other videos of AA before arriving at such a hasty conclusion.

The housing was pathetic it looked awefull.
    The world looked so fake comepare to characters.

But biggest let down for me is is the !-? above npcs and the quest tracker omg another themepark.

Maybe is not right to judge a game on 5 video's and im not influenced by Yogscast way of showing these video's with there comments and i don't realy care about WoW eather if they like it or not lol.

Im a sandbox player and for me Archeage dont seems to have what im seeking in sandbox it looks more like a asian anime silly casual themepark to me from low lvl already mount lol no thx.

Have fun if you like it but these videos showed enough for me.

Originally posted by adderVXI

I like DF but this is the most rediculous thing ive ever heard.  Grindy??? Really and casting for hours on swimmers, swimming afk against a dock for days and harvesting isnt grindy?  AA could launch and be a steamy pile, but hell tons of vids, no NDA, and no one calling their baby ugly - sounds like a somewhat safe bet to me.  And yes there are a lot of people in Korea that could do a AA sucks video in English.  Its all positive that i have found.
    Btw what have you seen in other games?  The housing, gardening, rope climbing, gliding, footprint system, ship building, ship combat, tree planting, pvp, carts, prison system, farm animals, cloaks with your logo, Tree climbing etc.  Im sure these have been done before, but in one game?  Nope.
    If you like DF great, they need the subs!

If you want to be uber in short time or affraid to go into world so give in on the AFK and macro cheaters or exploits yes then Darkfall is grindy but its 100% not grindy at all ive played it from launch and ive not for 1min afk/macro/bloodwalling/exploiting or whatever cheat posible and never feel any grind.

Ive shown in video that with freetrial character you can travel world have fun and even kill players with 2-3day old character.

Housing in Darkfall looks about 10years ahead of archage btw georgious in comparison.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

The housing was pathetic it looked awefull.

The world looked so fake comepare to characters.

But biggest let down for me is is the !-? above npcs and the quest tracker omg another themepark.

Maybe is not right to judge a game on 5 video's and im not influenced by Yogscast way of showing these video's with there comments and i don't realy care about WoW eather if they like it or not lol.

Im a sandbox player and for me Archeage dont seems to have what im seeking in sandbox it looks more like a asian anime silly casual themepark to me from low lvl already mount lol no thx.

Have fun if you like it but these videos showed enough for me.

Haha dude you should google the game and youtube it cos its the best sandbox and themepark evar.

The ! ? is just a intro guide for players on the world itself.

A lot of assuming idiots will tend to assume that ! ? its a 100% themepark games by just looking at it.

Theres a players built fortress to defend, attack and pilleage other castles in the pvp continent.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)