Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yogscast doing ArcheAge [Part 7]

Comments

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Ah grand well that is at least different, I look forward to seeing it. I just hope it doesnt mean trawling through 99% of the standard questing lark to get to it

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by bumuscheekus

Ah grand well that is at least different, I look forward to seeing it. I just hope it doesnt mean trawling through 99% of the standard questing lark to get to it

We shall see, eagerly awaiting some later footage from Yogscasts on the BETAs. :D

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

well having watched their first video, its something o-o.. they dont understand korean (not that i didnt know that lol) they do an ok job talking about the game but it seems they have no idea what they are playing :/ kinda defeats the whole point IMO.. unlike the GW2 vids they did.. 

i am kinda impressed by AA's arch type classes.. thats pretty neat wish i could understand korean fonts though lol or lewis could have had abit more time or knowledge explaining the differant types (kinda like his GW2 vids) 

all in all.. its a typical yogcast video but atleast its abit more all arounding on showing the game off. until today i have never seen the actual creation or real game play vids. just the few "promo" fan made of that russian group. but those showed off alot of high levels doing very limited flashy things. 

nothing really "in the trench" so to speak.. AA in english looks like it could be alot of fun both mechanic wise and immersive story wise.. then again lots of games have had that too that failed. 

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

I laughed my ass off watching them.  Unlike some of the other cynical posters here I actually like and get their humor.  Its an akward type of stumbling into a situation with an open mind.  It just tickles me. 

Anyway, its so cool to see a beginning perspective to the game, knowing that there is so much to learn and see and do.  Most mmos have this path constructed in front of you and you are punished for going off the path.  AA seems to draw its inspiration from games of the past that allowed you to explore the world for yourself and I love it. 

Id pay 25 dollars a month to play this. 

• bcofidobcofido Member Posts: 27

Nice videos and indeed very good advertisement für Archeage to the western community :-)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Hum, all I saw was a standard MMO with nice graphics, don't want to write it off just yet but meh.  Just my opinion.  GW2 still top of my MMO list right now.

• davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by expresso

Hum, all I saw was a standard MMO with nice graphics, don't want to write it off just yet but meh.  Just my opinion.  GW2 still top of my MMO list right now.

Are you judging that purely off the viewing of that 1 yogcast video where they spent 20 minutes not being able to read a single word or know what they were doing, then start dancing in the starting zone without actually playing any of the game?

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Ichmen

i am kinda impressed by AA's arch type classes.. thats pretty neat wish i could understand korean fonts though lol or lewis could have had abit more time or knowledge explaining the differant types (kinda like his GW2 vids)

You can see four example classes (warrior, priest, wizard, chaser) here: http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameinfos/ability/11

(Click "advanced" and choose three of the options to check out the many awesome, unique combinations).

You can also find descriptions (and some videos) for *some* of the skills here (at least those seen in CBT4): http://archeagesource.com/forum/17-new-articles-guides/

Enjoy~!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Are you judging that purely off the viewing of that 1 yogcast video where they spent 20 minutes not being able to read a single word or know what they were doing, then start dancing in the starting zone without actually playing any of the game?

Yes

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Interesting , thought the game was not translated yet

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Let's no bash them.

While I sometimes *sigh* at disbelief how clueless and bad at playing they are ,at same time they are sometimes are preety hilarious to watch.

Like this AA vid - I was laughing for like half of time I was watching it.

I just hope they like AA and even if not - that they won't bash it.

For now it seems they like it though :)

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Interesting , thought the game was not translated yet

It's not. Some NA/EU press received keys for the Korean closed beta tests (hence the Korean). And some people are playing via more "shady" means. Many of the videos on YT are from various beta testers (some Russian, some Korean, some English speaking). A lot of the information available on various fan sites was posted by beta testers (or people who have been following the various fansites devoted to AA).

There's talk of another closed beta test (CBT5)... the most recent just ended and lasted quite a long time (80 days if I'm not mistaken).

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Yes

You might want to read up about AA then or watch more vids. I'm looking forward to GW2 too, but I would really like to see AA being translated too. It is a whole different kind of game where you can build about anything and lets you create your own class.

I hate it when ppl write 'it is just my opinion' when judging a game but don't even take the effort to read about the game. It makes your opinion just a wild guess.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Originally posted by mrw0lf

They are popular for the same reason vids done by those who don't get it, would be very unpopular. They don't treat the viewer like a moron, they aren't condescending and for todays viewers that's a novelty. Also they play the games they review as a game, for fun, again not massively common anymore.

While I watch and think ffs press this or that or work it out, at no point do they really piss me off and they do a good job of taking you on the experience with them. The new vid is pretty funny.

Absolutly. There vids are entertaining. And even more you got a lot more out of those vids as from almost all other youtube vids about games.

And the truth is, after watching a lot of those gw2 beta press event vids, the only worth watching were from yogscast. Funny, entertaining and exploratory. I definitively will watch those ArchAge yogscasts.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Just watch the next 10 yogscasts vids and you will learn a lot more about ArcheAge, and be entertained be doing so. Cant wait for the next one. :)

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

dancing and walking

dancing and walking....

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

Thanks.  This game is really the only mmo I'm looking forward to.  I knew it would take a company who was committed and skilled to come up with the next great sandbox.  They had to be concerned with more than just money.  A great game is a work of art as much as a money maker. 

When all is said and done, the amount of attention to detail and just raw coding required to make this game will over shadow any wow themepark type game out there.  Makes you wonder what some US devs could have done with their 200 million instead of delivering the same game with a different skin. 

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

every yogscast video i watch the more i like them.  im glad they do more than just minecraft now.  although these archeage videos arent up to par with the guild wars 2 ones i watched, they still bring that new comer, casual, every-man sort of feel to every video game play ive seen them do.

I've got the straight edge.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

This is a must-watch for anyone who's interested in the game and couldn't get into beta.

We had a lot of videos from beta, but none of them had any voiced comments about the stuff they were doing in-game, so we kinda only looked at the pretty pictures and lots of the stuff we only had to guess.

Keep them coming, yogscast!

P.S.

I laughed out loud at this comment from a certain youtube watcher:

"The graphics of this game are so intense that if I tried to download this on my computer it would shut itself off, walk to the nearest gun store, purchase a reasonably priced shotgun, wait three days, pick the gun up from the store, purchase shells, load the shells, come back home, and blow my fucking head off for even thinking running this game was possible."

:D

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Having had no experience with ArcheAge other than the yogscast footage, i must say i am very impressed! Game graphics looks great and the mounted combat, the glider and boat features they showed off looked awesome and even more so, all the stuff they talked about: own housing, own garden/forest, proper ships, 3 digit number of classes including a lot more i'm forgetting i'm sure.

AA has been put on my watch list ! :)

* Waves at Pushkina *

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

You have to admit after watching in game footage, this game is loaded with busy work galore. Nice to see a game not grind centered. Who would have ever thought a Korean game breaking that  mold. Last month I had no interest in this game, now it's almost on par with GW2.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Ruien

Well i am not trying to start an augument here. I honestly just dont see the appeal or why a game company would give these guys beta spots.

I watched some of thier videos and the whole time I kept saying to myself.. Wow could they be any more dumb?

Lightbulb..... maybe thats the appeal. Its like going to the circus and watching the clowns or the jackass movies. Or maybe people get off by being able to look and point at the stupid people.

Either way says alot about the people who are enjoying them as well as the 2 guys themselves. Shows very little self respect on either side.

I think it's not about "hey, look these are pro gamers, let's see what they have to say" and more about "hey, here are some regular joes, perhaps a bit "cheeky" who are just playing and having fun.

It's more palatable for a game company that wants to get a larger audience to demystify their game and present it as something that anyone can play.

Just a thought.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kumdankalekumdankale Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by komobo

Having had no experience with ArcheAge other than the yogscast footage, i must say i am very impressed! Game graphics looks great and the mounted combat, the glider and boat features they showed off looked awesome and even more so, all the stuff they talked about: own housing, own garden/forest, proper ships, 3 digit number of classes including a lot more i'm forgetting i'm sure.

AA has been put on my watch list ! :)

yeah it has really awesome features i always wanted my mmo should have.  No NDA thing from the very start was also awesome we saw all the raw footages of the beta game. some games are always under NDA till the launch this says a lot imo.

I can't wait for western release

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

These posts right here kill me. Just do some fucking research and get to know the damn game alittle. All you saw was a few vids and some SS and you know what type of game this is. Stupid ass people i tell ya. AA is not for everyone but IF you want to form an opinoin, form an informative opinion. Know the subject mater befor you post.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by kantseeme

These posts right here kill me. Just do some fucking research and get to know the damn game alittle. All you saw was a few vids and some SS and you know what type of game this is. Stupid ass people i tell ya. AA is not for everyone but IF you want to form an opinoin, form an informative opinion. Know the subject mater befor you post.

Nah, I can't form an informed opinion when everything is still in Korean.  Just like the Yogscast guys, I have no idea what's going on either.

I'm enjoying the Yogscast vids.  Their accidental tourist style is great and leads to all sorts of weird little things happening ("It's adorable.  Whoa!  Oh no!  I think I may have butchered it!!"), but all I can comment on right now is the first class graphics.  The third hand description of the classes sounds promising, but I want to see these things in action in when there is some context provided in english.  The quest system was grounding though.  I'd almost forgotten that that was how we always used to do it.  And I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt as to the lean character creator.  I don't actually believe that it will be that sparse when they release.

Should be a while before we see this sucker over here.  I'll look at it in detail once it's been converted.  For now, I'll just laugh along with the Yogscast guys and not take it too seriously. 

Slurm anyone?