Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

has PVE become much harder

zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

for the last 3 months ive been flying around in my ishtar  doing lvl 4 missions

my ishtar which is armour tanked and its  never been  below  70% armour

since the patch  ive nearly lost it  3 times

rats appear to break my armour really quickly and are not as predictable as before 

i feel i really have to work much harder now  rather than   play almost semi afk

they dont target me  and always attack my drones  and keep changing targets

im not  saying its a bad thing  but i have a feeling PvE  has become much more of a challenge

i kinda thinking of getting in a battleship for more protection

anyone else noticed this

Comments

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Not personally.. I do recommend the EVE forums tho.  There are some other issues going on and you can usually find out more info there.  Just saying.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I notice the same in my dominix with 85 / 90 % resistance they break my tank realy fast, i need to wrap out alot of times.

I stopped playing eve after 2 months and just came back to it, but even as a new pilot i never had much trouble tanking L4's solo.

Even some L3 drones are nuking trough my armor like i have zero resistance :(

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

last mission i had 94%  therm and 95% kinetic  each hit was like  almost a 3rd of my armour and i had to leave my drones or i would have died

but its strange as for most of ithe pocket it tanks ok then all of a sudden  it will break   and its a really sick feeling when ur  trying to warp and ur in hull

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by zimboy69

last mission i had 94%  therm and 95% kinetic  each hit was like  almost a 3rd of my armour and i had to leave my drones or i would have died

but its strange as for most of ithe pocket it tanks ok then all of a sudden  it will break   and its a really sick feeling when ur  trying to warp and ur in hull

That feeling is why a lot us love Eve.  I've never gotten that  sudden rush of panic in other games.

I'm not currently subbed but making the rats harder sounds like a good change.  Nobody should be able to AFK a level 4 mission.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

All level 4 missions are breaking your tank or just a few specific ones?

im not sure  im a bit scared to take my  ishtar out   as its faction fit

the mission was silence the informant  which ive done about  20 times before not a single problem and done easy

i cleard the first room then moved to the 2nd then all hell let loose

but its happend in a few other missions   its as if my tank is zero or has no  hardners  they are cutting through it like butter 

they might have just upped  the damage or changed the damage  type and my tank isnt enough and it sure feels very unsafe in space

but  before the last patch  i think there was only worlds collide which would cause me trouble but  even the basic missions are starting to hurt now

since tuesday ive flow 5 missions  and  3 ive had to run away from  it  like something has changed

to give you a idea as well  ive lost 3 drones in the last 6 months ive now lost 11 in the last 2 days 

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Hmm...that actually sounds fun. I haven't missioned in a few days, but I'm going to go check it out. I'm also going to go look at the recent patch notes.

Where's the any key?

Just took a look at the patch notes. They fixed some general issues, revamped the rookie frigates (Yay, the Ibis doesn't look like some asymmetrical piece of shit! It's now a cute symmetrical piece of shit!) and they did mention that they modified the names of all of the resistance equipment for both armor and shield hardeners / res amplifiers. Hopefully they didn't bugger up the percentage bonuses those give. I'll check it out tonight when I get home.

Where's the any key?

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

They mixed up the belt rats in nullsec, no longer can I get 3x 1.8 million isk battleships. Damn you C C P

Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Just took a look at the patch notes. They fixed some general issues, revamped the rookie frigates (Yay, the Ibis doesn't look like some asymmetrical piece of shit! It's now a cute symmetrical piece of shit!) and they did mention that they modified the names of all of the resistance equipment for both armor and shield hardeners / res amplifiers. Hopefully they didn't bugger up the percentage bonuses those give. I'll check it out tonight when I get home.

Okay, tried a couple of missions last night, no sudden uber-damage seen, however I

a) don't AFK mission

b) don't active armor tank, as unless a ship specifically has a bonus to active armor tanking this never has a good enough regen rate compared to active shield tanking

c) don't permatank, since to make it cap-stable enough you have to sacrifice too many hardeners

Quick question though: how long has it been since you missioned before? I know they tweaked some of the damage output types when they introduced the new turret animations, such as the Mercenaries who fly Caracals had their beam weapons switched to railguns; are you used to missioning from before then?

Where's the any key?

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Calfis

They mixed up the belt rats in nullsec, no longer can I get 3x 1.8 million isk battleships. Damn you C C P

I miss broken Fountain truesec :) - I made a lot of isk there as a nub chaining belts.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

It sounds like a bug (and a serious one at that) to me.  I have been tanking level 4s in my myrmidon and not getting threatened at all, usually getting through with a single repper.  The ishtar is a tough little sob and should have no issues at all.

If I were you I might keep the ishtar in the hangar for awhile until it gets ironed out.

Happy ishtar, best ishtar.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by Calfis

I miss broken Fountain truesec :) - I made a lot of isk there as a nub chaining belts.

Being a nub with 1 million isk+ NPCs in belts was good times. I was a dedicated jew when I was new.

it  all of a sudden went back to normal

ive no idea what  happend  but it appears back the same again