Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon Defenders - A good place to wait!!

BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

Firstly, hello to all who read this! 

I am trying to push some general awareness to Dungeon Defenders on PC - this game is continuing to amazing me for its cooperative game play and continual updates. 

A quick idea of what the game is;

For me its a great way for a group of friends to progress through campaigns - defend against hordes and hordes of critters to save your crystal. There are long and epic boss fights on some dungeons and each class available offer totally different and brilliantly diversive abilities! 

Each character made can be uniquely equipped by gear dropped by mobs in dungeons or bought from your own tavern! 

Also in 2 days I had had more interaction with other players than I did in Star Wars:TOR in 4 weeks! 

I have spent £16 on the game, that included all DLC's to date + Eternia Crystal update - have enjoyed over 200 hours on it so far, whether you’re looking for a second game to kill some time or a decent place to take a group of friends then I would suggest this game.. 

All above is my opinion of the game and am genuinely trying to hype it up a bit for the amount of fun it has to offer.

Thanks for reading: D 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I agree that its a great game, especially with friends.

Although they increase the level cap to damn often.

everytime you start feeling useful they increase the darn level cap and your old items become completely utterly useless and all your grinding was for absolutely nothing.

I realise any expansion to anything does this... But thats like once a year, if not way way longer, dungeon defenders just does it over and over again.

That said.. Its so worth it for its price, about 25 euros for it + all dlc i believe? 400+ hours played, its a no brainer ^^ <3

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Not a big fan of games that has a mile long costly DLC list, that totals over 50 Euros alone

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

What I hate about this game is the constant updates it recieves.

Every week you'll update the game 3-5+ times with 100 mb+ update each, it's kinda annoying.

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553
    I love this game as well, and typically I avoid tower defense. Also, this game is hardly 50 euros...

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

I bought it on iPad and i tryed it on pc but i can't wrap my head around the game controls...they feel awkward.

I prefer Orcs must die! 

Originally posted by lifesbrink

I love this game as well, and typically I avoid tower defense. Also, this game is hardly 50 euros...

If you learned how to read, you will see I was talking about the 'optional' DLC list. As I said, not a big fan og games with a long list of DLCs that totals a lot more than the game itself. In this case it's over 50 euros. That's a lot for a game that cost 12 euros

If you would learn how to not assume, you would know I bought the game plus the DLC's for 20 dollars.  Again, much less than  50 euros, especially considering the exchange rate, which would make it like what, 10 euros?

Originally posted by lifesbrink

If you would learn how to not assume, you would know I bought the game plus the DLC's for 20 dollars.  Again, much less than  50 euros, especially considering the exchange rate, which would make it like what, 10 euros?

I don't care what you bought it for.

Dungeon Defenders - Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Part 1     3,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Part 2     3,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards Part 3     3,99€

Dungeon Defenders - City in the Cliffs Mission Pack                        1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Karathiki Jungle Mission Pack                       1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Series EV Hero DLC                                        3,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Penny Arcade Character Pack                       1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Assault Mission Pack                                      1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Lucky Costume Pack                                       0,99€

Dungeon Defenders - President's Day Surprise                                1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Etherian Festival of Love                                 1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Barbarian Hero DLC                                        2,99€

Dungeon Defenders - New Heroes DLC                                             3,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Etherian Holiday Extravaganza                      1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - The Great Turkey Hunt!                                  1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Warping Core Challenge Mission Pack          1,99€

Dungeon Defenders - Halloween Mission Pack                                1,99€

Dungeon Defenders Halloween Costume Pack                                 0,99€

And continuing

Talk about milking a 12€ game for all it's worth to get the full experience.

You are right though it's not over 50 euros. 41,83€ to be exact for the DLCs alone

I have nothing against DLCs in general but when games such as this one, games such as the sims and Saints Row 3 release a basic game just to cash in on a shitton of DLCs afterwards it just leaves a bad taste in this gamers mouth. So i'll respectfully avoid this title

You know, I almost feel for you getting ripped off in Europe.  But, not really, and I am glad it is so much cheaper here in the US.