Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sneaky World PvP and Rift Lite?

ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Hey all, I haven't played since beta and right now I am a bit bored and not interested in most MMO's out there.  What I love is nice big open maps that I can sneak around fighting enemies and players and feel a bit immersed.  How is world PvP with this game shaping up?  I like for things to happen dynamically not warzones or instanced crap.  Can I experience it here?  Can you experience with rift lite level 20? 

Hard to find a decent open world game with a mix of PvE and PvP these days. 

Comments

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

You wont find this in Rift Lite at all.

From 1-20 players are in seperate zones.  Even if the mechanics allow you on a PvP server to go attack a 1-20 of the opposing faction, you would be alone in enemy territory.  Plus the Rift world, to most people, doesnt feel like a big open world.  The actual zones themselves arent small, but they feel small because they tend to be claustrophobic, especially the early zones.  Too much going on in the space given.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

If you want good open world PvP, or even just large-scale PvP then look elsewhere. It doesn't matter if you're on a PvP server or PvE server in this game, because open world PvP has no meaning in Rift and without any meaning, there is no point. As for level 1-20, it is non-existent. At most you can hope to be ganked by a level 50, but most 50s are in town queuing for something.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Le sigh I can't believe I am coming up empty with this. 

WoW - World PvP was fun the first month, now too many max level and all funneled into instances.

SWTOR - Do I even have to say anything...

Rift - Your explanations explain enough to turn me away.

Darkfall - Was fun while it lasted, but so hard to find people and such poor combat

AoC - Decent world PvP fun at low levels.  This may be my best bet, but I doubt population is high enough and it just isn't as fun in the expansion

WAR - Most PvP in open areas where PvP is expected, little surprise, but may also be worth a shot

DAoC - The only one I can imagine being pretty fun for a while, but I have played too much too long

Aren't there any games that have big open areas to run around in, be sneaky, get into dynamic player battles, go into enemy territory and get immersed?

• illspawnillspawn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Well if you like pvp for the sake of pvp then Rift is fine. You still get Favor and exp for it. Which is compared to how WoW pvp was in the beginning you didn't get anything for it. I am on Deepstrike server and find plenty of pvp. The game also provides pvp quests so there is some reward and there are pvp rifts. I assume you are like me and want to just wonder around to find people to kill in which I have no problem finding people. If you want to try it out send me a PM and I will send you an invite that will give you some stuff to start out with.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Rift is a PVE orientated game

while the rifts themselves offer some more oportunity for dynamic PVP over something like SWTOR or WOW

the actual mechanics of RIFT combat suck for PVP.  Its all about who has the best macros.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by ProfRed

Le sigh I can't believe I am coming up empty with this. 

WoW - World PvP was fun the first month, now too many max level and all funneled into instances.

SWTOR - Do I even have to say anything...

Rift - Your explanations explain enough to turn me away.

Darkfall - Was fun while it lasted, but so hard to find people and such poor combat

AoC - Decent world PvP fun at low levels.  This may be my best bet, but I doubt population is high enough and it just isn't as fun in the expansion

WAR - Most PvP in open areas where PvP is expected, little surprise, but may also be worth a shot

DAoC - The only one I can imagine being pretty fun for a while, but I have played too much too long

Aren't there any games that have big open areas to run around in, be sneaky, get into dynamic player battles, go into enemy territory and get immersed?

DAOC was great, truly great (WAS)

WAR had some moments, from about 6 months in to about 2 years in, but bioware ruined it with crappy "expansion", rvr for dummies and wow style wtfpwnepix with the horrible 1.4 patch

AOC was a decent pvp game, now its a really good dungeon / raid game with crappy PVP

I suggest these.....

EVE obviously

Perpetuum - because its simmilar to eve but newer so easier to get into and somehow robots feel more personal than ships

AION - although it suffers from the same stupid overpowered gear as WAR

or just wait on GW2 / Planetside 2 / Dominus / World of Darkness