Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game sucks.

AldrethAldreth Member UncommonPosts: 79

Topic explains all. :)

Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi.

Comments

• tr3v0rtr3v0r Member Posts: 11
    I know!!! I hate Dark age of Camelot. The reviews were good! But, when i got it, it was CRAPPY AS HECK! Its just boring! The most i saw was 25,000 people on! It was so complicated, i just canceled my subscription and threw away the game. WHAT A WASTE OF 30 DOLLARS (i got the platinum edition)!!! TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT WAST YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS GAME!!! 
  • jeepndesertjeepndesert Member Posts: 33
    I agree. Graphics suck and is a slow-moving boring game. Not worth money. Rather play Runescape for free than this.
  • newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Are you nuts? With the catacombs expansion DAOC has top notch graphics, just barely behind EQ2. You're entitled to your opinions but here's mine, DAOC is one of the best MMORPG's out, for PvP there is nothing even close.
  • sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
    i agree with you newbinator this is a great game great graphics good PvP not to mention RvR!!!! and who said this game is complecated? i dont know what games you play but this game isnt complacted at all IMO
  • tr3v0rtr3v0r Member Posts: 11
    Ok, I WOULD say this game was cool, but I played it for only a few days and BARELY ANYONE WAS EVEN ON!!! I bought the platinum edition and all that (maybe i didnt install it right) but I couldnt figure out what to do! Please someone if you could tell me some cool stuff about this game plz tell me!imageimageimage
  • samaeysamaey Member Posts: 8

Such cheap trolling ! DAoC is obviously a great game. Thousands of players enjoy it every day/night (including myself).

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

DAoC Rocks! I'v played for 3,5 years now and I still love it!! :)

If you have trouble finding people your just in the wrong towns.... Try to find a guild as soon as possible when you join this game, daoc is about community and pvp.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by tr3v0r
    Ok, I WOULD say this game was cool, but I played it for only a few days and BARELY ANYONE WAS EVEN ON!!! I bought the platinum edition and all that (maybe i didnt install it right) but I couldnt figure out what to do! Please someone if you could tell me some cool stuff about this game plz tell me!imageimageimage

Find a good guild and join it, don't b afraid to ask questions, generally ppl are pretty friendly to newbies, just don't run around begging for items and such....that will come to you if your friendly and polite automaticly :)

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

I know!!! I hate Dark age of Camelot. The reviews were good! But, when i got it, it was CRAPPY AS HECK! Its just boring! The most i saw was 25,000 people on! It was so complicated, i just canceled my subscription and threw away the game. WHAT A WASTE OF 30 DOLLARS (i got the platinum edition)!!! TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT WAST YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!

Man.....

You kids need to play the game longer. Most of you have never been to a bg or never got past lvl 5. Dont flame DAoC, its one of the best pvp mmorpgs out there

• BigfootBigfoot Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by Zerocool032
    I know!!! I hate Dark age of Camelot. The reviews were good! But, when i got it, it was CRAPPY AS HECK! Its just boring! The most i saw was 25,000 people on! It was so complicated, i just canceled my subscription and threw away the game. WHAT A WASTE OF 30 DOLLARS (i got the platinum edition)!!! TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT WAST YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!

Man.....

You kids need to play the game longer. Most of you have never been to a bg or never got past lvl 5. Dont flame DAoC, its one of the best pvp mmorpgs out there

110% agree man. I just renewed my account last night. This is my 2nd time coming back, hehe.

Looking for something new.

• solesole Member Posts: 78

I been playing Daoc over 4 time.

most people who state   O my god what shall I do ?    

I found stupid or havent read the manual or social defunctional !

PvP   I   dont think the PvP /RvR factor is the best   in the genre of mmorpgs that is EVE online

but daoc got that genuin feel of medival    or I never play it that loong :)

yea the graphics are abit shitty if you didnt installed the game as intended  you know

you must install it too     o thats right    you must be over atleast 12 to play it hehe

• Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Originally posted by Zerocool032

Man.....

110% agree man. I just renewed my account last night. This is my 2nd time coming back, hehe.

This will be my 3rd comming back. Last 2 times i played it i didnt know bgs existed. Now im hooked

• haphay23haphay23 Member Posts: 13

What you guys need to do if you dont know what do to is go to the gawaine sever and be in midgard. type--
    /send beldash hey
    if it says he isn't on then wait a bit but if he is then you are in luck and i can help you out with everything you need to know. This game is extreamly complicated in my opinion but that is what makes it so good. Just got to learn the ropes. Also the first toon takes about 5 times as long to lvl as the second and 6 times as the others.

• ShadadShadad Member Posts: 33
    WOW LOL hard to learn ? yes i guess if you have only played mario or doom, DAoC has got to be one of the easiest mmo's to learn ( have played sence release -  totaled 6 accts, only 3 now as i got an offer i couldnt refuse on the others :P, ive played FFXI, AO, shadowbane, wwII online, DF joint opps, planitside, and still have accts with a few of em, but just cant get enough of the bg's / rvr in daoc, and with the new catacombs and updates with it, a 5 year old can learn it in about 3 days, one of my son's ( 7 ) has played for over 2 years now and has np with the game control ( and he playes on the PvP server :P, and leveling :/ well u can lvl from 1-50 in about 2 months ( if play a few hours 5-6 nights a week solo with all the new quests / instas, and oh ya the free level every week , its easy to make friends as long ( as stated earlier ) your not a total tard asking for everything all the time, also when u pick a server look at the players online stat in the server choice box, as far as a realm, well hib's have the most ( in most cases ) i only play mid  - just like them :P, also check out the /advice in game theres usualy 5+ people in there u can ask, and also stated above the new graphics are sweet ( need good pc and graph card also catacombs expansion ) but are very nice, theres alot i dont like in daoc but what game isnt there, oh well this is all an IMHO so take from it what you like.
  • EchaniEchani Member Posts: 72
    The whole "Topic says it all" thing is rather childish.  Bring forward an argument and we'll be able to discuss it.  Just flaming for flames sake doesn't help anyone make a decision.

Does your guild have a website yet? Find out how easy it is to get one.

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    Gangflaming looks alot worse for the community then 1 or 2 ppl that didnt like the game. I think less of the game and the community if I see too much of this. Also pretending you psychicly know how long they played or what intelligence or skill level they are just makes you unbelievable and look alot worse then someone saying it sux. I will not judge the whole community on the few flaming fanbois I see in here(as I know the community is quite large and would hope most are levelheaded) but if I did find out one of these flamers was a gm or staff in any way this would definately destroy all chances of playing this game.
  • TsenTsen Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by samaey
    Such cheap trolling ! DAoC is obviously a great game. Thousands of players enjoy it every day/night (including myself).

I hate people who use terms of DORKISM. Your Trolling dude.. like wow man pass me some IQ points .. Lol.. for those who enjoy the game good for them. I personally think this GAME is crap, my tastes are a bit higher than a game like this.

I really hope sony buys it and does one of two things fixes it or turns it off and above all puts up the sony whinny filter on the game [ whinnee all ya want we are sony so STFU. So all you whinnie Kids learn that what you got is what you work with.

Tsen BIO:

Everquest II 45 Monk
    World OF Warcraft -Gnome Warrior 55 .. Krag..
    World OF Warcraft -Undead Preist 44 --Cene
    Deleted DAOC-gimp-scout -- 50
    Deleted DAOC gimp-pally -- 50

Helllo, My name is Indego Montoya, You killed my father prepare to die.

(Repeat)

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Originally posted by Tsen

I really hope sony buys it and does one of two things fixes it or turns it off

Yea I hope sony buys DAOC so they can make it just like EQ2, a good looking unfun-forced grouping-incredibly lame shared XP loss system-exceptionally boring and time consuming POS. That would do wonders for DAOC I reckon.

And for the record, I started playing EQ2 on release day, once the newness wore off I realized it was the most boring mmorpg I had ever played.

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Tsen

I hate people who use terms of DORKISM. Your Trolling dude.. like wow man pass me some IQ points .. Lol.. for those who enjoy the game good for them. I personally think this GAME is crap, my tastes are a bit higher than a game like this.
    I really hope sony buys it and does one of two things fixes it or turns it off and above all puts up the sony whinny filter on the game [ whinnee all ya want we are sony so STFU. So all you whinnie Kids learn that what you got is what you work with.

You hate people on a message board? I'd say that makes you a dork, man. Have a little perspective. As for thinking DAoC is crap.. well, I don't like it.. but to each their own. It doesn't mean your tastes are higher, just different. All MMO's are mindless fun anyway - you can't really get any higher or lower.

If SoE (not Sony itself) were to buy this.. they would just kill it like they did EQ with expansions like Ykesha (and everything after Luclin, really) - and the same way EA killed a certain other game. Now, I happen to think that EQ2 is the least enjoyable game I've ever played (I'd rather play QBert), but that doesn't mean I look down on you for playing it. The same can be said for my thoughts on WoW. Stop being an elitist. I think Guild Wars is an excellent game, but I won't look down on you if you don't hold the same opinion.

Before you make fun of terms other people use you may want to look at your own posts. "Trolling" isn't any less of a "dorkish" term than "STFU", or even saying "dorkish" itself. Then you use the word "whiny" and spell it incorrectly three different ways - even though there are two different accepted ways to spell the word. I could care less that you're illiterate, but at least be consistent!

- Nellus

• TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123

Ok guys here's the plain and simple truth..DAoC is a GREAT game for those that will spend the time and effort to learn the basics and eventuly the more advanced aspects of the game.

True the graphics needs some work but come on guys this is a game thats pre DX9 it's not gonna look as goos a WOW, EQ2 or even FF11. The devs at Mthic are hard at work to update the graphics but thats alot of work to do while still introducing new patches almost every other month.

Plus in the last 6 months DAoC has become new user-friendly. back in the day berfor free levels and newbie quest and a new redesinged help system it was hard for me to learn i can say it took me about a good 3 months just to get into the game and understand it.

So all you newbs just need to sit down stop complaing and grow-up have patice cuz you got it alot easier than we did.

DAoC is one of the greatest MMO on the market and i dare anyone to say other wise

TERRIDOL-50 ALB/GUIN      GM-NOVACULA SPINAE           4 Year DAoC VET

imageimage

• ckyskater246ckyskater246 Member Posts: 4
    dude this game was fun when i first started but then it gets really hard to lvl. so this game does suck... but the graphis arnt that badimage
  • ckyskater246ckyskater246 Member Posts: 4
    i agree about the pvp it is the best part of the game. But the game get boring after lvl 20. i have a 37 SB and i quit him because the game sucks.
  • TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123

and i suppose your the type of gamer who playes a game for about oh a week or so and say that your done with it

i don't really care what you ppl think about daoc as long as mythic keeps hosting it i'll keep playing it.

imageimage

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Originally posted by ckyskater246
    i agree about the pvp it is the best part of the game. But the game get boring after lvl 20. i have a 37 SB and i quit him because the game sucks.

Are you sure you played this game?  You are the first person to ever say the game gets boring after level 20.  Usually it is before level 20.  Then you only got to level 37 in one class!  Further you picked a stealther which are harder to play. 

As far as I see you have not really played the game at all.  1 realm, 1 toon, and only to level 37.  I can see you not willing to put more time into the game, but your opinion should mean nothing to those thinking about the game because you really have not expereience RvR, ToA, or really anything about the game!

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Aldreth
    Topic explains all. :)

About the only thing it explains is that apparently you have no point. I get tired of this posts. If you have something constructive to say, then please do, otherwise as far as Iam concerned, your without a clue.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World