Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tindrem

BitshiftBitshift Member Posts: 31

From the pictures I've seen so far, Tindrem seems to be a big city with lots of shiny "snailhouse" paths.

My experiences with MO's collision detection are not the best and I know how they have messed up their world architecture regarding usability or walkability, so I am asking myself:

Will it be bothersome to walk / ride through Tindrem? Will it be POSSIBLE to RIDE over that streets?

If you take Morin Khur for example:

It takes way to long to even ride to it, and when you are in, you can't even ride across the tiniest borders there, because it's messed up. And have you ever tried to use a pet when going down the stairs at the backside of Morin Khur? Impossible.

So I am asking myself if that shiny layout of the city will be more annoying than usefull. 

Comments

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Personally I wouldn't worry about that for the next 4-6 years.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Nah, Tindrem will be there at the Awakening - so no years needed! I do not know where you got that from?

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by wmada2k

Nah, Tindrem will be there at the Awakening - so no years needed! I do not know where you got that from?

dont worry hes a hateboi its kinda what he does.

Tindrem is supposedly huge, the spire shell thingy is the mage district, then theres a kind of noble district and a poor district, the poor district will likely be unguarded or with low level guards. Theres also a sewer/ dungeon and a graveyard.

I agree with the op though, the prediction currently isnt great especially within buildings or tunnels it falls to pieces, also the mounts are so awkward because they take into consideration the type of texture they are walking on s well as the gradient. Meaning that if you walk on stone looking texture it can halt your mount even though its not as steep as a hill that has grass on it.

The horse pathing is much imporved currently nut those back stairs to morin khur really need a reworked navmesh they are way to complicated to navigate for most game ai without a navmesh to follow.

the devs said that predicition will be improved and hopefully they will rework the navmesh along with ai. But this is a crucial stage. the new video was nice and did support the proof of concept. but The big issue is pathing, predicition and so far sv hasnt revealed how that will be in awakening.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Probably judging by previous SV deadlines and promises, 5 years is a stretch tho.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by Toferio

Probably judging by previous SV deadlines and promises, 5 years is a stretch tho.

I guess we will probably find out pretty soon if Tindrem will be in Awakening.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by xDayx

Originally posted by Toferio

I guess we will probably find out pretty soon if Tindrem will be in Awakening.

Indeed. Given that it was supposed to be in at release, I would be surprised if it wasnt finished during last year to an accepteble state.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member CommonPosts: 154

Nah, Tindrem will be there at the Awakening

lol

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

I'm guessing historical data. I don't know where you got yours from.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

It's possible that all the main important stores are on the city street level, and all the extra fluff, are up through the snail trails.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Tindrem was already supposed to be there a release. Don't get your hopes up to high, you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.