Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft Master Account Blocked

stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

So I decided to try out Aion since its free now, or its going to be free soon or something.  So I click on the Free Trial button, and it takes me to the NCsoft account prompt.  It's been so long since I logged in that I just hit the forgot password button.

I get the new password from my email and type it in.  It told me I needed to update my password when I login.  So as soon as I log in it says I need to verify this computer as a safe location for the account.  So I do that, and then it logs me in fully and says "second Aion account cannot be created" like an error message.

So I go over to the Account section where it shows the NCsoft games I own or whatever,  I click on Aion, and it boots me offline.  Like logs my account out.  So I try to login again with that password and it says "NCSoft Master Account Blocked"

I tried a forgot password again but that didn't work.

So.. I'm assuming it locked my account offline for 24 hours or something?  Because it thinks Im a gold farmer or something lol.

This is really dumb though.  I'm just a regular user coming onto my NCsoft account after a long period (since Aion launched, I believe).

I tried going through the support section but those are only for specific games or something.  I don't know I'm really puzzled by this.  I went to the "Account Blocked" page and it listed all these reasons for an account block, and none of them said anything about logging in incorrectly too many times or whatever.

There is no way my account was blocked for behavior in a game, I've never had even a temporary ban in any online game.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I don't even know what to do because the support section has some major roadblocks.

If its a 24 hour I.P. block or something thats fine I can wait.  I just wanted to try Aion ffs lol.

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Mine was flagged as banned, hadnt logged in sinds late 2009, emailed em and they told me their software found a third party program on my pc, its all sorted out now and playing aion as we speak
    yassinekinji

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by stormseekaz

There is no way my account was blocked for behavior in a game, I've never had even a temporary ban in any online game.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I don't even know what to do because the support section has some major roadblocks.

If its a 24 hour I.P. block or something thats fine I can wait.  I just wanted to try Aion ffs lol.

I'll tell you from experience: Don't take it personally when NCSoft blocks your master account. It rarely means you are being chastised for anything and is more likely a security measure that was tripped. 

Send NCSoft a support email, they'll ask you for some information, and then open your account back up without difficulty.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

call them give the info thay ask !gw1 system is even more stupid you have to remember one of your character name!wtf!why they dont use lineage 2 system .stupidly simple yet highly effective and if for any reason the 6 digit isnt secure enough

lineage2 can always up the ant by making it alphanumerical charater ¬F0rtHel0L;) grin!

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Liike all the posters above said e-mail or call there support and they will fix it quit quick I have had my master account block after my little MSN e-mail hack last year 2 weeks after the SOE thing so had to change all my Passwords and E-mail on all games. But hasent stopped me from playing anything except Steam so I am not worried about it. You can contact them by e-mail and phone support easy and takes about 30 mins to fix as long as you have a few CDkey to the games you play through them.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• yassinekinjiyassinekinji Member CommonPosts: 2
    me too they bloked my account and support they say its solved but for me its not fixed yet...Montaronx Can you Tell what was that "third party program on your pc" ??
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Similar story here too. I gave up trying to play Aion several years ago. Their account management was way too complicated to begin with, now i don't even bother to figure out how to make it work.
    Nyghthowler