Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most UK servers full.. Will this last?

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Is this just because the game has went F2P or is their a high chance of the game remaining popular after say..A month?

I'm trying it out.. 15 minutes in qeue.. But when I get in...

The graphics seem so much worse for some reason and it feels less smooth and more laggier. Is anyone else getting this?

Comments

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Nope, but then again I can't play because they completely failed to setup up my migrated account and their support is very subpar. I've been waiting since the 29th for them to fix my problem.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Before going f2p the uk servers still had somewhat decent population. While the initial queues probably will disappear in the coming weeks I think quite a few will stick with it.

Aion is a quality game and I don't see many (if any) f2p titles to match Aion as long as you have a semidecent PC.

Ingame lag does not seem any worse than when Aion initially launched and had full server but I havent been in a fullscale siege yet.

Community is neither worse nor better than it used to be. Still seem to have the same amount of people with a severe lack of social skills. Ignore+keeping the LFG-channel turned off makes for a much more pleasant experience.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Sarariel

Is this just because the game has went F2P or is their a high chance of the game remaining popular after say..A month?

I'm trying it out.. 15 minutes in qeue.. But when I get in...

The graphics seem so much worse for some reason and it feels less smooth and more laggier. Is anyone else getting this?

I suspect this is a negative shill or troll thread, but whatever...

Will it last? No reason to say not at this point. The interest is obviously there. GF's Aion hasn't even hit Steam yet, which is another mini relaunch in it self.

I personally think the curious freebs and game tourists will wander off soon though, as they always do. Will that leave a robust active population of people that obviously love the game? Yes, I think it will, and that's why it's worth queuing now.

The GFX are not worse, nor is it 'less smooth', though ofc with a rammed server it can get laggy at peak times.