Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Fancy Cosmetic Mounts!

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Anyone who would pay 25 dollars for sparkley mount has no concept of reality.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

$15 a month is one of cheapest forms of unlimited entertainment these days. $10-$25 for mounts or vanity items is very resonable ("insane prices"what a drama queen) especially with Blizzard's store because it's for every toon or any new toon created. It's easy you don't like it don't buy it, personally I like options.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by mnemic666

It's assholes like you that encourage the kind of bullshit that is destroying the respectability of the gaming industry (overpriced DLC, day 1 DLC, chopped up games sold unfinished ect.). I'm really happy and all that you make so much money, but that's irrelevant. I'm a body building engineering grad student that makes well over six figures a year, that doensn't mean I have to like being overcharged for shit. I'm not gonna pay 15 bucks for a 5 dollar burger, and will complain about how it's overpriced until the pricing is changed. You can keep overpaying for shit, go for it, but I don't like being ripped off (even if I can afford it).

I shall keep overpaying :)

Originally posted by darkrain21

you also know that blizzard sends ruffly 50% of the money to charatiy programs. 

You do know most of those charity donations are used as a tax write off right? and that most of the money gets used up in administration and very little goes to the people that need it.

Originally posted by zakiyawow

It's assholes like you that encourage the kind of bullshit that is destroying the respectability of the gaming industry (overpriced DLC, day 1 DLC, chopped up games sold unfinished ect.). I'm really happy and all that you make so much money, but that's irrelevant. I'm a body building engineering grad student that makes well over six figures a year, that doensn't mean I have to like being overcharged for shit. I'm not gonna pay 15 bucks for a 5 dollar burger, and will complain about how it's overpriced until the pricing is changed. You can keep overpaying for shit, go for it, but I don't like being ripped off (even if I can afford it).

I shall keep overpaying :)

Man it's your money you can do whatever you like.

Originally posted by mikuniman

$15 a month is one of cheapest forms of unlimited entertainment these days. $10-$25 for mounts or vanity items is very resonable ("insane prices"what a drama queen) especially with Blizzard's store because it's for every toon or any new toon created. It's easy you don't like it don't buy it, personally I like options.

I couldn't agree more. No body is forcing you to buy it.

OMG real life weathr invading game world. Too bad, we are here to stay, deal with it.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the prices are not insane. What is insane is the game/s already charges for box, expansions, and monthly fees. Cash shop is utterly unacceptable but people gets blind and gives them the money. At least is not my wallet although we all suffer because every time we support these greedy ideas we make them more standard in mmos overall.

for $15 a month + box and expansion prices i expect every single piece of content in game or im out.

looking forward to Buy to Play method from GW2. No monthly fees ftw

Originally posted by rojo6934

the prices are not insane. What is insane is the game/s already charges for box, expansions, and monthly fees. Cash shop is utterly unacceptable but people gets blind and gives them the money. At least is not my wallet although we all suffer because every time we support these greedy ideas we make them more standard in mmos overall.

for $15 a month + box and expansion prices i expect every single piece of content in game or im out.

GW2 also have fluff item shop.

Yes it does but guild wars 2 has no monthly sub, b2p players are here to stay, so just deal with it :)

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

vov thats nice definition for "unlimited"

Let's internet

• jacolahajacolaha Member Posts: 18

Also, as it doe not seem to have been pointed out yet. This game was released as a Rated Teen game and target at the ages 13-24 market for the most part. Although I realize the game has many, many adult couples/gamers who love a great mmo, I would say a sizeable portion of the player base is target at an audience who work entry level student jobs(minimum wage) and are attempting to save for college, pay for food etc..

Althought the arguement can be made, "ask your parents then", it is way to much of a social norm to say that these days and the burden should not fall to parents as they are likely paying the monthly fee in the first place or have a lot of other adult responsibiity. I'm a college student personally but I work a decent job, make a nice wage and pay for the monthly fee like I always have for an mmo.

A great point that was made though earlier is why should we encourage chopping content just so blizzard has a few more dolalrs on there billion dollar bank pile to throw around. Expansions, thats an exception but other then that it  shuold be back like the 2000 era.  Go to the store, purchase your game , if it has a subscription fine then pay for it but then it should be equal acccess for everyone in the game to the ENTIRE game that  they have paid for.

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Yes it does but guild wars 2 has no monthly sub, b2p players are here to stay, so just deal with it :)

Errr...I have all GW games. I am a long time GW player. I also buy fluff items off GW shops and expand my bank space/character slots.

Originally posted by jacolaha

Also, as it doe not seem to have been pointed out yet. This game was released as a Rated Teen game and target at the ages 13-24 market for the most part. Although I realize the game has many, many adult couples/gamers who love a great mmo, I would say a sizeable portion of the player base is target at an audience who work entry level student jobs(minimum wage) and are attempting to save for college, pay for food etc..

Althought the arguement can be made, "ask your parents then", it is way to much of a social norm to say that these days and the burden should not fall to parents as they are likely paying the monthly fee in the first place or have a lot of other adult responsibiity. I'm a college student personally but I work a decent job, make a nice wage and pay for the monthly fee like I always have for an mmo.

A great point that was made though earlier is why should we encourage chopping content just so blizzard has a few more dolalrs on there billion dollar bank pile to throw around. Expansions, thats an exception but other then that it  shuold be back like the 2000 era.  Go to the store, purchase your game , if it has a subscription fine then pay for it but then it should be equal acccess for everyone in the game to the ENTIRE game that  they have paid for.

I see college students spending hundreds when they go out during weekend. I live in Boston, one of largest student cities. Students here drive nice cars, live in nice places and dine out in expensive restaurants. I don't think they are starving for food or lack of money for college.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I don't get what all the hollering is about.

If you want to play WoW, you buy the box and pay the sub. That gives you access to everything in the game world for that box. The cosmetic stuff is just that - cosmetic fluff - and if someone wants it soooo much that they are willing to plunk down $10 or $25 for it, who cares?

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

My concept of reality is just fine. I realize that I make enough money where I can throw some away on completely useless items. Those who pay the cash and can't afford their rent, to eat, save some cash for a rainy day, etc are the ones with no concept of reality.

Hell, $25 buck for a small amount of entertainment is chump change compared to costs of going out to dinner, or a movie, or a show. At least I can keep using my mount, where dinner gets pooped out, movies and shows become memories.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Btw, it's not WoW that came up with the silly mount idea. It was EQ2. Lets burn EQ2 for coming up with the $20 pony idea!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Blizzard should not let people mount on the main cities. Period. Even without that big yellow dragon mount, sometimes it was annoying to get to the mailbox because there is always a jerk that loves to block it. And I say sometimes because I avoided the main cities like the plague.

Originally posted by Kaneth

My concept of reality is just fine. I realize that I make enough money where I can throw some away on completely useless items. Those who pay the cash and can't afford their rent, to eat, save some cash for a rainy day, etc are the ones with no concept of reality.

Hell, $25 buck for a small amount of entertainment is chump change compared to costs of going out to dinner, or a movie, or a show. At least I can keep using my mount, where dinner gets pooped out, movies and shows become memories.

Hehe one night out like that is about 500 bux. Dinner + Show for 2. ( Sitting all the way to the back of the theater doesn't count. you can't even see those people on stage! )

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

Blizzard should not let people mount on the main cities. Period. Even without that big yellow dragon mount, sometimes it was annoying to get to the mailbox because there is always a jerk that loves to block it. And I say sometimes because I avoided the main cities like the plague.

man this is so true, or over npc's. I can always tell while in a new game who the rude wowtards are cause they do the same in that game.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I see college students spending hundreds when they go out during weekend. I live in Boston, one of largest student cities. Students here drive nice cars, live in nice places and dine out in expensive restaurants. I don't think they are starving for food or lack of money for college.

You made common mistake.

Just cause there are wealthy students that live on high level ,that does not mean that there are no students that barely have enough money to live month by month.

Believe me there are plenty of students that don't have much money and frequently also have big loans to pay after they graduate.

Students are just people - just cause some have wealthy parents does not mean anything.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

The fact that people pay the insane prices for these mounts is beyond me. Blizzards "cash shop" is a complete ripoff given that you already pay a subscription fee. Seriously, 10 or 25 dollar purchases? I'm totally waiting for them to start charging 10 bucks for apperance gear in MoP. Stop encouraging them to price gouge people, it's not healthy for gamers and consumers as a whole.

Um actually it is healthy for the economy when people spend money on products....  The world needs more of it right now. [Mod Edit]

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Originally posted by Horusra

If you like a game then there is no problem investing in it.  Do what you have to do to get the things you want in the game.  It is called investing.  Wait I think that argument only works for the people saying time should be the only investment. 

If you like a game then there is no problem hacking it.Do what you have to do to get he things you want in the game,It is called hacking.Wait i think that argument only works for the people saying investing money should be the only investment......

Yes clearly breaking the law to hack a program is totally the same as a separate system made by the game designer for cash bought items in a game.  Great comparison.  image

Originally posted by fenistil

You made common mistake.

Just cause there are wealthy students that live on high level ,that does not mean that there are no students that barely have enough money to live month by month.

Believe me there are plenty of students that don't have much money and frequently also have big loans to pay after they graduate.

Students are just people - just cause some have wealthy parents does not mean anything.

If you tell me 15 dollars really make that much a difference. Then they should do something else if they even consider 15 bux for a month expensive. Bitching about fluff stuff is just stupid.

What are they going to do after school ? Whine about people who can afford a nice house ? Who can drive expensive cars or have a driver driving them around ? Oh wait that already happened. Those stupid Occupy Boston people did that.

There are always people who will have more fluff stuff than you in game or in real life. Game world is now connected to real world. Enjoy what you can afford and ignore what others do.

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by jacolaha

Because kids going to Harvard, Cambridge, M.I.T., and Emerson are indicative of the average college students socioeconomic status. People really do live in their own little worlds.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

If you tell me 15 dollars really make that much a difference. Then they should do something else if they even consider 15 bux for a month expensive. Bitching about fluff stuff is just stupid.

What are they going to do after school ? Whine about people who can afford a nice house ? Who can drive expensive cars or have a driver driving them around ? Oh wait that already happened. Those stupid Occupy Boston people did that.

There are always people who will have more fluff stuff than you in game or in real life. Game world is now connected to real world. Enjoy what you can afford and ignore what others do.

Well thanks but no thanks. 

I don't like games being connected to real world and copying real world stratification into games ,so I will voice my opinion. That's what's forum are. Discussing and expressing opinions (and a marketing tool for companies obviously) .

Hope you already got that , this is mostly not about cash shops increasing price ,but about connecting real world to game. 

Is it going to stay? Sure it is.

In all games? Hope there always will be exceptions.

------

Oh and thank you very much that you shared with me and whole forum that for you blowing 25$ here and there is irrelevant cause you earn 100$ per hour.  (well for me money is not irrelevant whatever the amont and whatever figure I earn but that's just my view on the matter - people think diffrently about such concepts and it is free to have diffrent value system).

When you start earning 150 $ hope you come again and share that information as well.

Surely it will make you feel better and also I will be glad that you're such financially succesful man.