Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2!! What to do at level cap?

Comments

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

In Warhammer you can start doing PVP from level 1.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Superduper69

Used to be level 10, did they change it?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Same thing in GW1, and GW2 there bud.

-I am here to perform logic

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Originally posted by Shob

The gameplay is exactly the same.

You don't understand anything about this game do you?

Get out of the forum, you've no business being in this forum without even knowing the basics of the game. There's far too much footage out there to be this uninformed.

• FareasFareas Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by DeaconX

What's amazing is how BRAINWASHED people have become by WoW and MMORPG's that followed its design closely, to believe what an MMORPG should be.

It seems many are incapable of thinking outside the box and seeing the bigger picture.  But that's fine.  My suggestion, try it and see for yourself if you have nothing to do when you reach max level

Bigger picture? The only bigger picture here is that GW2 offers less content than other MMOs at the maximum level. That`s the only bigger picture here.

So cute that you claim GW2 is special because it starts at lvl 1. And other MMOs don`t start at lvl 1? What special features GW2 offers at level 1 when compared to other games? I`ll tell you. None. The gameplay is exactly the same.

how does it have less content? We can't tell because we can't properly compare it with any other mmorpg because no one has reached lvl cap. What seems to be the whole point to GW2 is that you can remove the end from endgame because you can play any content at any level for fun.

At lvl 1 in GW2 you can already actively dodge and use skills while moving and that's not a current staple of AAA mmorpgs, you can also go to other zones with your higher level friends and be able to play with them, most other mmorpgs place a limitation on content until you reach max level (WoW arena,raids) but in GW2 you make your character and you can already join competitive PvP and you won't be hindered by gear.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by ComfyChair

Get out of the forum, you've no business being in this forum without even knowing the basics of the game. There's far too much footage out there to be this uninformed.

I just don't get Shob's attitude lol...

If he came here asking for info, I'm sure we would be happy to point him in the right direction.  But instead, he just wants to make crazy claims about a game that he clearly knows very little about.

It would be like if I logged onto a forum for endocrinologists and started telling them about my crazy theories on the pituatary gland as if they were fact, even though I know absolutely nothing about endocrinology.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

the same thing you were doing before. that's sorta the point of GW2.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    @creslin warhammer was always lvl 1, u just had to walk to the rvr pool in the middle.

Damn it no quote on tablet

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

Originally posted by Theonenoni

Same thing in GW1, and GW2 there bud.

I know that..my post was in reply to the guy claiming no other MMO offers this at level 1 except for GW2.

Originally posted by Creslin321

I just don't get Shob's attitude lol...

If he came here asking for info, I'm sure we would be happy to point him in the right direction.  But instead, he just wants to make crazy claims about a game that he clearly knows very little about.

It would be like if I logged onto a forum for endocrinologists and started telling them about my crazy theories on the pituatary gland as if they were fact, even though I know absolutely nothing about endocrinology.

Indeed. It's the attitude, not the fact he doesn't know a lot that stinks :D

It's like when people try to make out they know 'physics' because they watched 2012 :p

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Creslin321

What's amazing is how BRAINWASHED people have become by WoW and MMORPG's that followed its design closely, to believe what an MMORPG should be.

It seems many are incapable of thinking outside the box and seeing the bigger picture.  But that's fine.  My suggestion, try it and see for yourself if you have nothing to do when you reach max level

Bigger picture? The only bigger picture here is that GW2 offers less content than other MMOs at the maximum level. That`s the only bigger picture here.

So cute that you claim GW2 is special because it starts at lvl 1. And other MMOs don`t start at lvl 1? What special features GW2 offers at level 1 when compared to other games? I`ll tell you. None. The gameplay is exactly the same.

Do me a favor.

Make a new WoW character.

Join an instanced PvP match.

Oh wait, what's that you can't?  Have to be level 30?

Okay fine, now join some open world PvP like WIntergrasp or Tol Barad.

Oh wait, can't do that either?  Have to be much higher level?

AWWWWWW SNAP

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    I wonder has there ever been a MMO that lets you compete in pvp from the start, example is say I'm level 1 and go pvp would I be able to kill someone a higher level than I or someone who has better gear? Just a bit curious about this.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by RizelStar

I wonder has there ever been a MMO that lets you compete in pvp from the start, example is say I'm level 1 and go pvp would I be able to kill someone a higher level than I or someone who has better gear? Just a bit curious about this.

In structured PvP there are no 'levels' and no 'gear' (aside from cosmetic). You're all absolutely maxed out :)

In WvW you get buffed up, but you aren't as powerful as someone who's a real level 80 as they have more skills, and their gear bonuses still help them. But you could definitely deal a lot of pain, and a bad level 80 probably could be killed by a good level 1. However you really need to get a full skill bar to be roughly the same strength as a level 80 :)

So GW2 doesn't strictly do what you're saying across all PvP modes :)

As for other MMO or MMO-like games? Guild wars 1.

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

Something that struck me while watching some of the beta videos, is the dizzying number of skills and combo's. It's going to take time to flesh out what works best for you. Then, (assuming you pve at least some) there's the number of differing personal stories you can engage in. Obviously, we'll have to play it to discover how varied those stories are, and if that difference is enough to make it interesting enough to proceed. Someone with better math skills than I could calculate how many. I think it's safe to say that a human mez, will play a great deal differently than a charr necro. So, you've reached the end with your Asuran engineer, nothing interesting left to do (I doubt that, but, for the sake of argument) roll a Norn guardian.

There are many more arguments that I could make in regards to the OP's question, but, the reason I'm confident all will be well is, ANET (and don't call me a fanboy, I'm fifty something. You can call me fanman, or, fandpa) I won't say Anet is the only company with this high a level of committment to its players, but, I can't think of any others off the top of my head. (I didn't really think about it real hard, sue me) 

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

I"ve played a few MMO's, and SPRPG's, and never, in any of them, did I ever get to fight the kind of boss you encounter almost immediately in GW2.  On the MMO side at least, many felt very whack-a-mole-ish. Obviously I haven't played GW2 yet, but, other than some poor press gameplay, nohing suggests a whack-a-mole style of play in GW2.

In regards to your claim that, "GW2 offers less content than other MMO's at max level".  Says who? Has Anet announced this as it's "hype machine" rolls along? Personally, I'm amazed at how much there is still to do in GW. I mean, you can go back to very low level areas in GW, switch to hard mode, and have an incredibly challenging time. I remember going back to Ascalon and getting owned by Grawl in hard mode. Granted, I went back thinking I was uber bad with all my fancy gear, and my heroes all runed up, and they unleashed a hell on me I certainly wasn't expecting. I've spent many an hour in all the maps of GW, and I still haven't experienced all the content that is available. And I've played off and on for nearly 6 years.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

In structured PvP there are no 'levels' and no 'gear' (aside from cosmetic). You're all absolutely maxed out :)

In WvW you get buffed up, but you aren't as powerful as someone who's a real level 80 as they have more skills, and their gear bonuses still help them. But you could definitely deal a lot of pain, and a bad level 80 probably could be killed by a good level 1. However you really need to get a full skill bar to be roughly the same strength as a level 80 :)

So GW2 doesn't strictly do what you're saying across all PvP modes :)

As for other MMO or MMO-like games? Guild wars 1.

Well I know that maye I should of said battlegrounds. Also it's possible to compete in WvW due to the combat system and hitbox, but I really meant battlegrounds like structured pvp. Just curious if any MMO let's you do that currently. Because in GW 2 not only could I go compete in battleground style pvp right off gate but it won't be pointless like most MMO battlegrounds where you can't do nothing there either. Which I guess that's how one could say endgame starts from the start. I could be missing something but it does make sense.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

I heard that people was worry about Endgame...

I think players today are so used to the pretend Endgame in MMO that they actually believe that Endgame should exist in MMO

MMO was always suppose to be an constant non ending game, that sucks you into their world and make you stay there for as long as you want, where there is no End.

This is purely Speculation that I hope GW2 will open the doors for other MMO's to no longer have an End to their game.

( having level to be insignificant where you can be level 80 and still have a challenge at level 5 zones, have full skills at PVP zones, have full levels at WvWvW where you can level as you play in an fairly equal ground if you start at the same time. )

I just hope other developers are watching GW2 and replicate their system and expand on them for the benefits of Us Gamers

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by Lucioon

I just hope other developers are watching GW2 and replicate their system and expand on them for the benefits of Us Gamers

Yeah because the rest of the world doesn't give a shit right?

Oh wait...........

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Tirinas

Originally posted by Lucioon

Yeah because the rest of the world doesn't give a shit right?

Oh wait...........

us not US sorry about the cap on the U

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm going to do what I should have been doing in other MMOs' "endgames"..... having fun.  Not looking for the cheese for months on end.

There is going to be chesse just in different flavor to confuse the mouse. The only thing they are taking out is for gear with stats. Everything else is still there.. instead of stats on gear you chase after other things.  Every MMO needs incentive for players to keep playing... some call it cheese others call it a goal..different names for same thing.

Anyone remember Obsidian armor from Fissure of Woes in GW? now that was one big cheese.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

That's not what I'm talking about.  The "cheese" I'm referring to is the cheese that takes months to get in order for you to actually have fun in higher level content.  It's stat-dependent and the draw of GW2 is that there is none of that grinding just to get to the point where others will play with you.  You didn't need Obsidian armor to successfully complete dungeons in GW, but in most MMO's, you can forget about getting an invite if you haven't spent the time to get every purple from the vendors.

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Eir_S

That's not what I'm talking about.  The "cheese" I'm referring to is the cheese that takes months to get in order for you to actually have fun in higher level content.  It's stat-dependent and the draw of GW2 is that there is none of that grinding just to get to the point where others will play with you.  You didn't need Obsidian armor to successfully complete dungeons in GW, but in most MMO's, you can forget about getting an invite if you haven't spent the time to get every purple from the vendors.

True Story 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

SWTOR did this from level 10-50 with its bolster system. With how long it took to get to level 10 it might as well be from the start.

Lots of people hated it and said 'wah wah wah high levels have an unfair advantage' yet me and my freinds managed to destroy lots of 50s with our mid-teen alts. The bolster system was really well done in my opinion.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Thing is that the goals, cheese, incentives or whatever you want to call it is not the same for everyone. But to say there is no cheese or carrot in game to keep players keep playign is wrong. Fun is subjective and people find fun in different ways.

I am solely talking about icnentives here, they are taking stats out otherwise game has plenty of chesse to chase around for. I have been playing MMOS ince days of EQ and i have never been a raider and yet i always found fun in games regardless of others around me had their own goals in mind.

There is difference between need and want.